Studio Base Nr Doi Suthep

Stubby

Hi Folks

I currently rent a very smart little 2 room condo over near Chiang Mai University that overlooks the Doi Suthep. I love this place but come 2013 I will be out of CM quite a lot. And although the rent is just 8,500 THB/Mo, I just can't justify keeping it on seeing as I'll not be around as much.

Having said all of that, I have accumulated a fair bit of stuff over this past year that I would like to keep, and so would like to have a base here. I like a nice home, and was wondering if anyone here could recommend a neat studio in a condo or apartment building over in this area? It doesn't have to be big, so long as it's pleasant and well maintained.

I'm thinking around the 5-6,000 THB/Mo mark. I have been out all morning looking at a whole bunch of places but what I've seen so far have been student dominated joints that I can only imagine will be a bit noisy come evenings and weekends. There are still many, many more to visit in the area, but if anyone has any suggestions to cut down the hunt, please post here or send me a private message.

Please note, I'd like to keep my base at the Doi Suthep side of Canal road.

Thanks in advance

Stubby

I lived in Lanna 3 on Huey Keow rd for 3yrs. Had a 42sqm studio apt. on the 11th flr for 3,500. Good solid concrete walls for decent sound-proofing. Although the area has developed and may be noisy I found the place cheap enough to rent all year round even though I stayed about 6months.

I lived in Lanna 3 on Huey Keow rd for 3yrs. Had a 42sqm studio apt. on the 11th flr for 3,500. Good solid concrete walls for decent sound-proofing. Although the area has developed and may be noisy I found the place cheap enough to rent all year round even though I stayed about 6months.

Thanks Haley. I haven't looked at that place, but it sounds too big to have missed. Then again I have been looking in the Sois and Sub sois off the main road. I'll stick it on my list though. Thanks once again.

Stubby

It will not be easy to find a free and cheap one now, to many people around.

Look at our site maybe you find one you like, we have some nice and cheap ones

http://www.buyrentchiangmai.com

Thanks CMweb. Yes, i realise now is not the best time to start looking. Having said that, there are so many places going up citywide, it won't be too long before there is more available accommodation than there are people to fill it ;)

Stubby