Thais Hunt For Killer Tiger After Second Deadly Attack

Lite Beer

Sorry for anybody that gets hurt, but there are still 67 million people, and less then 300 tigers in Thailand.

So all and all I am on the tigers side.

I am also 100% on the tiger side as long as the tiger is killing folks like you who don't have a problem with it ;-)

Have to agree with you 100%.

Irrespective of the plight of tigers once it steps over the line and kills humans it has to be dealt with.

Hopefully it will be caught and sent to a zoo rather than killed.

• Like 1

Sorry for anybody that gets hurt, but there are still 67 million people, and less then 300 tigers in Thailand.

Nice. My GF is a PETA activist/Vegan--loves animals/hates people type of girl. After I shag her, I tell her stories about my years on a Japanese whaling vessel, and my off season job clubbing seals in Alaska. She said something similar to your comment the other day, about how there are too many people and not enough of __animal (whatever it was--maybe manbearpig). I asked her to go trade places with the people in whatever region it was. Why not lay your life down for a tiger if it means so much. I often find that people who value animals lives over humans (the fat lady who cries and says 'all I need are my kitty cats, sniff sniff), are often the same types who have failed relationships with other human beings.

I'd shoot that tiger in a heartbeat if it meant some kid wasn't gonna get eaten by it.

• Like 2

How about not tapping rubber in the night, which is the tiger's hunting time? How about some sympathy for the tigers, whose habitat has been stolen by humans? How about less rubber and more tigers?

You don't know much about rubber do you?

Nice. My GF is a PETA activist/Vegan--loves animals/hates people type of girl. After I shag her, I tell her stories about my years on a Japanese whaling vessel, and my off season job clubbing seals in Alaska. She said something similar to your comment the other day, about how there are too many people and not enough of __animal (whatever it was--maybe manbearpig). I asked her to go trade places with the people in whatever region it was. Why not lay your life down for a tiger if it means so much. I often find that people who value animals lives over humans (the fat lady who cries and says 'all I need are my kitty cats, sniff sniff), are often the same types who have failed relationships with other human beings.

I'd shoot that tiger in a heartbeat if it meant some kid wasn't gonna get eaten by it.

You have a tolerant GF.

You have a tolerant GF.

You sure do. Be careful that she doesn't feed part of your anatomy to one of the local ducks.

You have a tolerant GF.

Yes, she gets my humor....most vegan/PETA activists are pretty intolerant though. I will have her eating steak soon too. It's my mission in life. Maybe even go tiger hunting with me.

Experts and or anyone else other than the story teller have yet to confirm this story to be true thus the guy probably first needs to be investigated for murder before believing and printing this story.

Where are the creditable authorities to verify bite and claw marks on the woman's body? Nobody willing to stick their neck out there?

Experts and or anyone else other than the story teller have yet to confirm this story to be true thus the guy probably first needs to be investigated for murder before believing and printing this story.

Where are the creditable authorities to verify bite and claw marks on the woman's body? Nobody willing to stick their neck out there?

some people will blame the tiger on a death if they were extinct,

where are all the tropical colourful birds in rural areas?? and all the colourful lizards for sale in food markets????

few cats around??? kill all here nomatter if it;s endangered or not, not really a nation for love of animals in general.

Are the people killing the tigers natural prey--deer??? for greed.or for hunger???? tigers normally will avoid danger to themselves unless they are desperatly hungry. suppose the rubber plantation joins the forest??? no buffer zone. amazing.

unfortunate for anyone killed.......all you tiger haters, look at why these incidents take place-----all the fault of the tiger i know!!!!!!!

where are all the tropical colourful birds in rural areas?? and all the colourful lizards for sale in food markets????

few cats around??? kill all here nomatter if it;s endangered or not, not really a nation for love of animals in general.

Are the people killing the tigers natural prey--deer??? for greed.or for hunger???? tigers normally will avoid danger to themselves unless they are desperatly hungry. suppose the rubber plantation joins the forest??? no buffer zone. amazing.

unfortunate for anyone killed.......all you tiger haters, look at why these incidents take place-----all the fault of the tiger i know!!!!!!!

Nobody here hates tigers or wants them to be extinct, they make awesome rugs. ;-)

Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

A friend close to the situation in Betong told me the tiger in question was an animal that has been smuggled into Thailand from Malaysia to be illegally traded. Police for word of the animal and planned a raid on a house but the smuggler for word of this and released the animal into the forest behind the house. Not being able to find its prey probably because it was in a strange place, the tiger got hungry and attacked the easiest source of meat it could find. A human. If the story is true it is a sad tale of greed that has created a man eater from a beautiful but doomed animal. And once hunted by those villagers I'm sure the carcass will be quickly sold and a profit turned. Thailand truly is the hubris of illegal trade for wildlife in this region.

"all you tiger haters" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

A friend close to the situation in Betong told me the tiger in question was an animal that has been smuggled into Thailand from Malaysia to be illegally traded. Police for word of the animal and planned a raid on a house but the smuggler for word of this and released the animal into the forest behind the house. Not being able to find its prey probably because it was in a strange place, the tiger got hungry and attacked the easiest source of meat it could find. A human. If the story is true it is a sad tale of greed that has created a man eater from a beautiful but doomed animal. And once hunted by those villagers I'm sure the carcass will be quickly sold and a profit turned. Thailand truly is the hubris of illegal trade for wildlife in this region.

Thailand truly is the hubris of illegal trade for wildlife in this region.

A good post, but just a wee point, "hubris" (arrogance) is what the tiger hunters have.

On the other hand, the correct word would be "HUB", a word rarely used in this country..

I just see on the tv that they have shot and killed the tiger. Now less than 299.

We are the ones encroaching on the Tiger's place of dwelling. We should stay away from them and provide them with more land. Ha ha...There is no way this will ever happen when the most rapacious of species (meaning us) on the planet takes whatever it wants. Poor tiger. Should they exist only in zoos and tiger farms? I'd prefer them in the wild instead.

• 3 weeks later...

How about not tapping rubber in the night, which is the tiger's hunting time? How about some sympathy for the tigers, whose habitat has been stolen by humans? How about less rubber and more tigers?

They've as much right to be out at night as the tiger is you pleb.

I have friends who live in the Jungels of South Thailand . I use to walk and ride my Motor bike around, they oftern use to tell me" be carefull of the tigers and bears". now i will think twice about doing it.

Don't worry about the tigers, the government has introduced new warning devices for bikers. They are available at most department stores. Just ask for "Jungle Bells".

• 7 months later...