Race Of Champions. Who Is Representing The Host Nation?

VocalNeal

Probably their most notable road racers with the most connections, Vuttikorn and Nattavude.. BTW to represent France I'd put Sebastian Lobe well before Ogier who is not actually a champion let alone a 7 time Champion (or is it 8 now? Not certain, I'm losing count) in the same sport.

JFYI If they do. they're going to get a serious dose of real world reality too, that makes it more likely they'll pass on the opportunity to lose big face on the world stage but who knows?

Edited by WarpSpeed

. BTW to represent France I'd put Sebastian Lobe well before Ogier who is not actually a champion let alone a 7 time Champion (or is it 8 now? Not certain, I'm losing count) in the same sport.

Yes but it is like picking teams at school. You can only pick from guys that show up!

. BTW to represent France I'd put Sebastian Lobe well before Ogier who is not actually a champion let alone a 7 time Champion (or is it 8 now? Not certain, I'm losing count) in the same sport.

Yes but it is like picking teams at school. You can only pick from guys that show up!

That's true have been too busy to follow the news lately so if Seb senior isn't showing up they must looking at a changing of the guard and now showcasing and putting him Seb junior out front..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Going back to the heading won't it be Pete

Pete? You think so? Why? What has he accomplished on track besides being a Thai TV heart throb... If we're talking about the same Pete BTW, I don't know of another Thai Pete though...

Edited by WarpSpeed

The four Thai drivers will compete in a round-robin group stage, with the two most successful drivers going on to face each other in the final. The two finalists will have the honour of representing Team Thailand in ROC Asia and Saturday's ROC Nations Cup.

Still not mention of who.

Merkins stretching a bit as Mexican Benito Guerra joins Ryan Hunter-Rea to race for 'Team Americas"

Nice of the USA to recognize the rest of the continent as America! (And yes this is a wind up.)

..and I'm going out on a limbwhistling.gif here to suggest that David Coultard will be partnered by Andy Priaulx to represent Great Britain.

Jamie Wincup and Mick Doohan for the Aussies.

That's true have been too busy to follow the news lately so if Seb senior isn't showing up they must looking at a changing of the guard and now showcasing and putting him Seb junior out front..

I didn't realize the Seb junior is current ROC Champion!

Edited by VocalNeal

Does anyone know what channel it's being broadcast on. The programme says T Sport. True don't seem to know anything about it and I can't find it on the on screen guide.

I realise I'm pretty thick having to ask you guys. A channel number would be great info. Thanks.

Does anyone know what channel it's being broadcast on. The programme says T Sport. True don't seem to know anything about it and I can't find it on the on screen guide.

I realise I'm pretty thick having to ask you guys. A channel number would be great info. Thanks.

T-Sport Thailand, on True Move channel 112, but, I could not see anything on the on screen guide too!?

-Vocal Neal-

Yeha, have just to wait and see what is coming on the screen at the right time! rolleyes.gif

T-Sport Thailand, on True Move channel 112, but, I could not see anything on the on screen guide too!?

-Vocal Neal-

Yeha, have just to wait and see what is coming on the screen at the right time! rolleyes.gif

Thanks Guy's, I shall try that.

I haveno mood to fight the traffic and parking at the venue.

Much more comfortable at home in front of the TV with a beer. I don't require the commentary, either on TV or at the stadium.

Edited by Woodsie888

Much more comfortable at home in front of the TV with a beer. I don't require the commentary, either on TV or at the stadium.

You are right, but,

LIVE is LIVE and the sound of the cars, the cheering of the people, the smell, all together,

you cannot have even with the best TV and sound system in your living room!

I was many times on Motorbike races, World Championships, also in SEPANG Malaysia (MotoGP).

The trips had been always worth it! Goose bumps included, when the engines roar, passing by the Grandstand!

They showed the Asian drivers today on T-Sport Sports Channel -True move,

who fought for a place to participate tomorrow. Seemed to be not so much people watching.

The whole thing looked a bit slowly in the process.

You are right, but,

LIVE is LIVE and the sound of the cars, the cheering of the people, the smell, all together,

you cannot have even with the best TV and sound system in your living room!

I was many times on Motorbike races, World Championships, also in SEPANG Malaysia (MotoGP).

The trips had been always worth it! Goose bumps included, when the engines roar, passing by the Grandstand!

They showed the Asian drivers today on T-Sport Sports Channel -True move,

who fought for a place to participate tomorrow. Seemed to be not so much people watching.

The whole thing looked a bit slowly in the process.

Yep, I agree with your comments about the atmosphere. But the parking and traffic upon leaving is too much for me.

• Like 1

Pleased I saved the 5,000 each for the 'hot seats'.

No crowd there at all.

F1 will not happen ever!

So this was actually IN Thailand? In the end who were the Thai drivers? I would have loved to go with my boys, but alas 10 years there and not a thing of interest previously except the airshow a few years ago and what a debacle of planning that turned out to be but this may have been more worthwhile and memorable without much chance of seeing it again in the states..

No crowd there at all.

F1 will not happen ever!

So this was actually IN Thailand? In the end who were the Thai drivers? I would have loved to go with my boys, but alas 10 years there and not a thing of interest previously except the airshow a few years ago and what a debacle of planning that turned out to be but this may have been more worthwhile and memorable without much chance of seeing it again in the states..

I took my kids and they had a great time. Late nights and a pain getting in and out of the place (particularly on Saturday), but it was good fun and my son was impressed to see so many world champions of various sorts all in one place. Also first experience for the kids in hearing an F1 car in action so they were impressed with that, and the stunt drivers and other fillers were amusing for the kids.

We will go again next year if rumours are true that it will be in Bangkok again. Would be great if there were better transport options to the stadium though.

Who Won?

Grosjean. He beat Vettel in the quarter final, Schumacher in the semi final, and Kristensen in the final so some big scalps on the way. He hit form at the right time as Vettel and Schumacher were undefeated all weekend until he pipped them. Vettel clipped the wall and busted his suspension but was marginally behind Grosjean at the time anyway.

No crowd there at all.

F1 will not happen ever!

Nitttavude?

Sritrai.

Both Thai guys did much better than I expected.

Andy Priaux and Jamie Winchup were disappointing. Jorge Lorenzo needs a bit more time in cars just like Mick Doohan has had over the years.

No crowd there at all.

F1 will not happen ever!

Nitttavude?

Sritrai.

Andy Priaux and Jamie Winchup were disappointing. Jorge Lorenzo needs a bit more time in cars just like Mick Doohan has had over the years.

Eh, so it was Nattavude? But no Vuttikorn huh? I don't know this other driver if you spelled his name correctly? What was their final result? How far did they make it?

No crowd there at all.

F1 will not happen ever!

Nitttavude?

Sritrai.

Eh, so it was Nattavude? But no Vuttikorn huh? I don't know this other driver if you spelled his name correctly? What was their final result? How far did they make it?

http://www.raceofchampions.com/LiveResults/livetiming.aspx

No crowd there at all.

F1 will not happen ever!

Nitttavude?

Sritrai.

Tin Sritrai, I think he drives in the Thailand Super Car series. He didn't do too badly against the motercycle guys, I think beating Lorenzo and from memory would possibly have beaten Doohan except that he took out the barriers in the chicane over the bridge and received a time penalty. Wasn't really in the hunt against the other drivers, but certainly was not disgraced.