Non O Marriage Visa

I'm married with one child in Thailand and want to apply for a Non O marriage visa. I'm now here on a tourist visa.

Now I read that to show proof of 400,000 Baht in a bank account is not an option anymore as the rule was changed.

You have to show a combined income of at least 40,000 Baht.

Can someone confirm this? Without monthly income no Non O?

A Rough Guide.

12 Month Extension

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

For a non immigrant O visa single entry is available without financials and multi entry non immigrant O is available in Savannakhet without financials or KL with proof of 100k in bank account. That allows up to 90 day stays for one year it is valid. Marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card/home registers signed by her and good to have copy of birth certificate.

If you have the 400k you can obtain conversion to non immigrant O visa entry in Bangkok for 2,000 baht as the first step in one year extension of stay process.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the answers.

I would like to apply for a muliple entry non O.

So if I go to Bangkok, I need my wife and child to go with me and to show 400k in a Thai bank account and it would have to be there for 60 days? Or just later?

I just transferred money to Thailand and it would - when I apply- be there for just one month.

Or better go to Savannakhet? No financials to show and no Thai wife needs to accompany me.

Edited by dakineto

Thanks for all the answers.

I would like to apply for a muliple entry non O.

So if I go to Bangkok, I need my wife and child to go with me and to show 400k in a Thai bank account and it would have to be there for 60 days? Or just later?

I just transferred money to Thailand and it would - when I apply- be there for just one month.

Or better go to Savannakhet? No financials to show and no Thai wife needs to accompany me.

You cannot apply for a Multi entry in Bangkok only outside of Thailand, you can get an extension and a multiple re-entry permit.

For the conversion the money doesn't have to be there for 60 days. You might have to come back after 2 weeks to get the actual conversion, and will get a non-O visa and a permission to stay for 90 days. After 60 days are finished of this 90 dyas, you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay at your local immirgaiton office. at that time the money in the bank needs to be there for 2 months.

With a tourist visa you can apply for a ( single entry) Non O visa at Cheangwattana by using form TM86

if I remember correctly you need to have at least 15 days left on your tourist visa.

then with money in the bank and a fair few bits of paper apply for a one year extension by virtue of marriage to a Thai national.

Mario beat me to it

Edited by johng