Kor Ror 2. What Is It?

I have a visa extension coming up and I'm just getting all the docs I need together and I saw people needed a Kor Ror 2. What is a Kor Ror 2? Do I need it for my Non Imm O extension based on marriage? I've done extensions for many years now and I've never been asked for a Kor Ror 2 before. Rayong Imm. Office is where I do all my extensions at.

Does anyone know if there are any new changes from last year for the extension based on marriage (Non Imm O)? I thought I would ask because it seems to change all the time. Thanks

The khor rhor 2 form is the entry into the wedding register. Many immirgaiton offices now want a recent khorrhor 2 form, it shows that you are still married.

If married within the last 10 years you can obtain it from any amphur in Thailand, if older you can inquire but might have to go to the amphur where you got married. (And ask if they will set it online, so all amphurs can confirm the marriage).

Before this year immigration here never asked for it but did this year. Just have your wife make a trip to the Amphoe and request the Kor Ror 2. She should be able to get it at any Amphoe.

Edited by ubonjoe

Yes. We got married in Chiang Rai 11 years ago and my wife is able to get an updated KR2 from our local Bangkok amphur each year. No problem and costs about B20. As said above, it proves that you are still married and not divorced.

The khor rhor 2 form is the entry into the wedding register. Many immirgaiton offices now want a recent khorrhor 2 form, it shows that you are still married.

If married within the last 10 years you can obtain it from any amphur in Thailand, if older you can inquire but might have to go to the amphur where you got married. (And ask if they will set it online, so all amphurs can confirm the marriage).

The Amphur where we married, only added the details to the computer system as each couple requested a copy.

I have learned that if a document required for immigration that can be date/time sensitive it is best to get a new one not longer than 30 days before application.

Doing this could very well save another trip to immigration which for some can be a long trip.