Ex-Thai Prime Minister Abhisit ' To Face Murder Charge ': Officials

webfact

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unless he pulled the trigger he didn't murder anyone - rediculous

If a Thai soldier on the ground was trigger happy and there's evidence beyond any reasonable doubt that he killed an inocent taxi driver then he should be brought to court to answer the allegations

only in Thailand

If he didn’t pull the trigger and there is no proof he ordered the specific killing there is no case (at least not in a civilized country)

unless he pulled the trigger he didn't murder anyone - rediculous

If a Thai soldier on the ground was trigger happy and there's evidence beyond any reasonable doubt that he killed an inocent taxi driver then he should be brought to court to answer the allegations

only in Thailand

I agree the charges are probably over the top for this case. But even if you don't pull the trigger, that does not mean you are innocent. War criminals have been found guilty of genocide without firing a single bullet themselves.

• Like 1

I sort of agree that government leaders should be made to take responsibility for the actions of armed troops they put on the street. Especially when those leaders took power by force. With power comes responsibility.

I'm fairly sure Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot et al didn't kill anyone themselves, does that make them any the less culpable?

I would agree to some extent that leaders that take power by force should take responsibility for soldiers that they put on the street.

But I don't see how that applies to Abhisit.

I saw the headline and guessed correctly that the "time to leave the country" and "it is all Thaksin's fault" would be dominating the thread. It is not time to panic yet. This charge is years from conclusion if it ever gets off the ground.

I actually hope that these killers have to answer for the murder of the nurse rendering medical aid at a temple during the state ordered attacks.

The state ordered the red shirts to attack???

That Tarit really is a snake in the grass.

He was part of the CRES committee that authorized the use of live ammunition in self defence. For some reason that we can all guess at he is now gunning for the previous administration. He should also be charged. Why is that not the case? Conflict of interest? Buttering someone's toast?

This stinks.

Just about every elected and unelected government leader would and probably should be on trial for murder under these types of allegations

Its time to go home.... It is beyond a joke

I hear ya Eddie, it gets more ridiculous by the day. <deleted> is wrong with these people???

"Red Shirts, mostly supporters of ousted ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, have raised accusations of double standards over the prosecutions of 24 of their leaders on terrorism charges for their part in the rallies."

Oh boy - you couldn't make this up; except in Thailand. I've tried on many occasions to explain Thai logic, and always failed miserably.

Like I said numerous times, it’s handy to have the DSI on your payroll.

Just a pity that the DSI isn't interested in investigating the biggest corruption case in Thai history: the rice scam (or any other cases related to THIS government). A truly Special Department.

(And we all know this is done by the DSI (Tharit) to help Thaksin. Soon Thaksin will start his amnesty for all again, hoping that Abhisit will agree to it when under pressure with murder charges)

Yes, all this for one man: THAKSIN.

what rice scam? haven't heard any farmer whining..

Just a pity that the DSI isn't interested in investigating the biggest corruption case in Thai history: the rice scam (or any other cases related to THIS government). A truly Special Department.

(And we all know this is done by the DSI (Tharit) to help Thaksin. Soon Thaksin will start his amnesty for all again, hoping that Abhisit will agree to it when under pressure with murder charges)

You won't because they're not the ones having to pay for the absurdly wasteful corrupt rice mortgage scheme.

Thaksin knows Apisit is opposed to the whitewashing of his crimes so he hopes to remove him or force him to accede to the 'reconciliation' bill. But it won't work, The Democrats and plenty of others will not let the world's greatest liar whitewash his crimes easily.

• Like 2

"adding that authorities would not seek court permission to detain the men"

That is the scariest government statement I have ever read in Thailand, they are in fact intent on circumventing the courts and the rule of law

Or put it another way: there should be a step by step process to be followed regardless of who is being charged and appropriate to the alleged crime, etc.

But suddenly the process is reorganized to someone's wim of the moment. The people lodging charges should have no say whatever in trying to dictate a path for this matter, it should follow the laid down process.

And the ruling party's recent warcry: ' Fight for democracy and equal justice for all, fight for no double standards '.

Shows again that the current government and it's ilk and it's leeches have no respect whatever for the rule of law nor the proper process of the law.

Parnora's box comes to mind!

You won't because they're not the ones having to pay for the absurdly wasteful corrupt rice mortgage scheme.

Thaksin knows Apisit is opposed to the whitewashing of his crimes so he hopes to remove him or force him to accede to the 'reconciliation' bill. But it won't work, The Democrats and plenty of others will not let the world's greatest liar whitewash his crimes easily.

It would seem now though that other countries leaders are happy with him, letting him have visas, visiting his sister, ignoring abhisit etc etc etc, I wouldn't be too sure tts the deems will have any support other than the yellow shirts, here we go again, airport closures.

I fully approve of public officials being held accountable for their actions, up to and including murder. I would also put the military on trial, from the generals down. The military are the servants of the public, not their murders. The more that these people are held accountable, the greater their reluctance to kill people.

I think the public servants and military have an ordained right and responsibility of keeping the innocent public safe from law breaking criminals. For those without a selective memory, a contingency including known militants (with a rogue general to spare) took over a major section of the nations capital, were performing random stops on cars heading into bangkok, terrifying the common people, took over a hospital and prevented urgent medical care from being performed on needy patients and despite numerous offers of reconciliation and demands to break up the rally which had clearly and unequivocally gone beyond constitutionally protected free speech, the law breaking group backed by armed militants, which killed an acting army colonel in the preceding attempt to clear the streets for the public good. Their weapons were confiscated and used against them and even some soldiers died at the hands of the protesters from their own weapons.

The public service of peace keeping MUST take precedence over any right of protest. If you look at the protests taking place in Greece for example at the time, you see the seat of democracy used immediate force to clear the protesters without the months long waiting that Abhisit's administration had given them.

If anything Abhisit should be punished for letting the rallies go on for so long without taking stronger, more timely action.

• Like 2

Taxi driver refused to stop at military checkpoint and tried to run down soldiers

What were the soldiers supposed to do?

In any other country around the world soldiers would have done same.

I think you must have read a different report. The report is quoted as follows:

"He said the group based their decision on further witness testimony as well as a court ruling that taxi driver Phan Kamkong was shot and killed by Thai soldiers during the country's worst political violence in decades." "The court found that the 43-year-old was caught in a volley of gunfire when he ran out of a central Bangkok apartment block to see what was happening after hearing soldiers open fire at a minibus that had strayed into an area under army control."

-------------------------------------

Sounds like a really stupid person ran into the action to see what was going on. The fool should not have even been there. At best the shooting by the soldiers was accidental and at worst a criminal act perpetrated by the soldier. "Tarit said soldiers acting under orders would not face prosecution." Total stupidity! The soldiers are the ones that should be charged if there was any illegal use of weapons. No diiferent than a police office carrying a loaded weapon and shoots someone in error or intentionally? Is a government offical charged when that happens? Just a desperate attempt by Puea Thai to stir the sh!t with Abhisit and Suthep caught in the middle. There few countries in the entire world that would have soldiers without live ammunitions in this situation. Abhisit was correct by authorizing it.

Edited by aguy30

Hahaha I heard a few noises before I logged on, it would seem that was toys being thrown out of prams.

So the murderers abhist and suthep (I assume I can say this now, after all thaksin is referred to as the murderer, terrorist etc etc etc despite never being found guilty of these things, in fact I expected the posters that abuse thaksin this way would have been referring to abhisit as the murderous abhisit, how wrong I was haha) will be charged, we all knew it would happen, and I expect more charges will follow for the other murders that took place. I am sure he can afford good lawyers to deal with this, and it's nothing to do with rice deals etc, this is to do with his actions while PM, pure and simple. We all knew this would happen and it is correct that this is happening, the truth needs to come out about what orders were given and by whom they were given.

As for those claiming the PTP run the courts etc, if this is the case why are red shirt leaders about to go on trial for terrorism related charges?

Think about what you are all saying in your hysteria.

Do you think the DSI is the right body to charge AV with murder?

Edited by Nickymaster

What about the <xxxx who were rioting? Are they in any way accountable for the fact that Security Services were engaged while they were burning Bangkok? If there was no riot, there would have been no soldiers.

Edited by metisdead