What Do I Need To Get A Non-im-o (multiple) In Penang

Hi,

I plan to go to Penang for a multiple Non-Im-O. I have all the merriagepapers. Does I need also a bank-acc. with 400.000 in it? I heart a lot of rumors the last few days. One was that without the money in the bank you get only a single enty. Does anybody know more?

thanks

fredus

Unless there has been a very recent change you can obtain a multi entry O at Penang with marriage certificate; and perhaps copy of wife ID card just to be safe. Other consulates have often only issued single entry. If anyone has had different experience recently please let everyone know.

Unless there has been a very recent change you can obtain a multi entry O at Penang with marriage certificate; and perhaps copy of wife ID card just to be safe. Other consulates have often only issued single entry. If anyone has had different experience recently please let everyone know.

Thanks for your reply. If I understand you right there is no proof of money required for a multiple?

Thanks for your reply. If I understand you right there is no proof of money required for a multiple?

No. There is no proof of money required.

I have just returned from Penang a week ago.Also after a one year multiple entry O visa.

Showed original marriage certificate and gave a photocopy.Also handed in photocopies of wifes I.D.card,housing book with her and our childrens names on.All copies signed and dated by her.Maybe a bit over the top,but better more than less.No need to show any money in bank or wherever.Usually I hand in a letter from my company detailing salary,but didn't bother this time.No problem.

Cost is 500 Malaysian Ringgits,cash only.Apply at consulate 9am-12am.Pick up visa next day after 2pm.

I flew down on a Sunday with Air Asia.Was at cosulate at 8.55am Monday morning.Returned by AirAsia on Wednesday morning flight.

• 4 months later...

I just read in the Forum that there are problems with the Thaiembassy

in Penang as they not make Visas anymore.

can anybody tell me please, is this happend only for double or triple

entry visas or for ALL VISAS???

I have to do my yearly VIsarun to Penang tomorrow or the day after. I

apply for a non immigrant O and there were no problems before in

Penang with this visa.

I am married and usually I needed only a copy of my marriage

certification and two Passport photos

Will anybody let me know as soon as possible. Give me a short mail

please to //email removed//

THANKS a lot

Uwe

There is something strange going on with visas at the moment. Normally in June I get a letter from employer and then get a Cat B visa at home, then work through to getting a the rest of the stamps while at work during June/July.

This year urgent request to send copy of work permit and passport in before 2nd of May! When I go into the one stop centre in Bangkok to get the formal paperwork I also have to do an interview with an immigration official. The interview was done in Thai and answered on my behalf by the visa agent. :o

When I get my paperwork back it is endorsed till 23rd June, which is the expiry date of the original visa/permit. Basically no idea what is going on, just that it is different this year. TIT.

May be a good idea to check with an agent or someone in the know whether it still necessary to do the out of country thing. Based on my experience maybe not.

Col