Egg Poaching Pan

black fox

Was having this discussion the other night a guy sid he paid 1200 in Central. personally i bought some stainless steel small bowls from Big C about 30 baht each perfect size, line with a little butter or oil add eggs. Put water in a frying pan, cover with a large lid and bring to boil works perfect. Only extra expense is little bowls, think they are for buddha offerings.

Edited by marstons
  • Like 1

Was having this discussion the other night a guy sid he paid 1200 in Central. personally i bought some stainless steel small bowls from Big C about 30 baht each perfect size, line with a little butter or oil add eggs. Put water in a frying pan, cover with a large lid and bring to boil works perfect. Only extra expense is little bowls, think they are for buddha offerings.

Putting the bowls in a rice cooker is another easy way to do it.

• Like 1

try True Value opposite Tesco (Suk) - no poaching pan but small colourful rubber pouches that float in boiling water. Oil the pouch, cover the water and voila

I brought some of those back from England on my last visit, didn't know you could get them here. Perfect poached eggs every time.

just to add i use pliers or mole grips to lift out hot bowls with egg in, but will deffo be trying the rice cooker option.

A tip I got from a chef was to use high quality clingfilm (wrap) of the type that you can use in microwaves, then line the inside of a cup & oil or butter it.

Crack your egg into this, season & enclose the egg straight away then drop into your boiling water & voila.

just to add i use pliers or mole grips to lift out hot bowls with egg in, but will deffo be trying the rice cooker option.

A drainer spoon works pretty well if you don't have your toolbox handy!biggrin.png