Anyone Know Anything About These Jeeps In Thailand?

submaniac

I was browsing bahtsold for the price of Jeeps in Thailand. I came across some of these and was wondering what they were. They don't appear to be standard size wranglers, nor the CJ types. I didn't know anything about them. Are they actually jeeps? I assume they are a local production. The size appears to be a bit off. The body work really doesn't look like a regular jeep I am used to. I am wondering if I could import an actual jeep body tub and put it on one of these chassis.

Jeepcopy-1.jpg

Jeepcopy4.jpg

jeepcopy5.jpg

Jeepcopy6.jpg

The last one looks like a Wrangler, actually. However, you should note that these cars generally have their motors replaced with some cheap japanese ones (Nissan or Toyota), and in the case of the latter one, it is converted to LPG (see the sticker).

Thais love to mod their cars... So you will seldom find an original car here (the cost of original parts is also an additional motivation for replacing the motor once they come to the end of their natural life).

Seen lots of Mitsubishi Jeeps here, J 53 or J 54 , they are often from the 70's and 80' and say JEEP on the front.. + of course all the bits and bobs put on since.. often cannot get parts so something or anything that will fit.. [lights and bumpers front and rear]

The yellow one 100% same body, same grill as the Mitsubishi Jeep J54..

Seen lots of Mitsubishi Jeeps here, J 53 or J 54 , they are often from the 70's and 80' and say JEEP on the front.. + of course all the bits and bobs put on since.. often cannot get parts so something or anything that will fit.. [lights and bumpers front and rear]

There is only one Jeep. Eh hem,,:)

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

So you will seldom find an original car here (the cost of original parts is also an additional motivation for replacing the motor once they come to the end of their natural life).

I see lots of original cars every day and wait for it...... owned by Thai's....whistling.gif .....we are making broad generalised statements aint we ?

Fake, fake, fake......but then, this is Thailand! biggrin.png

How come there Fake ??

Mitsubishi Motors made over 200 million + different models of the 'Jeep' ........... India are to this day still making them..!! so please what is Fake ? Both Japan when they were still making them and India clearly show who made them......... they have much different engines in them the the USA Willy Jeep

Go to http://www.taladrod.com there are over 30 For sale here in Thailand, ranging from the 50's to the 90's

Cannot see what is Fake ? they are what they say they are, of course some people have put in larger engines but no different than lots of makes of cars here.

How come there Fake ??

Mitsubishi Motors made over 200 million + different models of the 'Jeep' ........... India are to this day still making them..!! so please what is Fake ? Both Japan when they were still making them and India clearly show who made them......... they have much different engines in them the the USA Willy Jeep

Go to http://www.taladrod.com there are over 30 For sale here in Thailand, ranging from the 50's to the 90's

Cannot see what is Fake ? they are what they say they are, of course some people have put in larger engines but no different than lots of makes of cars here.

Uh. Eh hem. They are NOT jeeps? Only jeep made is in America. Period.

How come there Fake ??

Uh. Eh hem. They are NOT jeeps? Only jeep made is in America. Period.

Still don't get how something or anything made under license in a different Country = Fake... ?

Anyway the OP asked what are these Jeeps in Thailand..........

Guess the French Military all had Fake Jeep type trucks ? as they were the Benz G-Wagon made under license in France by Peugeot with a Peugeot engine !!

O well guess the only non Fake items on this planet is what is 100% made in the USA

Lets not confuse the registered trade name 'JEEP' as owned by Chrysler as being the same brand of 4x4 as similar type vehicles made by a number of other manufacturers under various names....or illegally bearing the Jeep badge.

• Like 1

It is all very confusing, + Companies selling off parts of there companies/brand names.

Quote: The on and off rumors about Jeep coming to India are around since mid-2012 when Fiat India sent out a few press releases with a Chrysler logo on it. The Jeep brand is owned by Chrysler which in turn is owned by Fiat.

Read more: http://indianautosblog.com/2012/11/2013-jeep-fiat-india-foray-56081#ixzz2EWPo7Z5h

​Still cannot 100% work out what India's Mahindra, has to do with Jeep ? they have been making the Jeep under there own name for years, which had a licensing deal with Jeep USA and well as with Mitsubishi......

News now as of this last Friday looks like they Mahindra are buying Astin Martin

So as confusing as it may appear still cannot see why the Mahindra or Mitsubishi Jeeps are Fake ?? and to confuse it even more the 1st Jeep was made by Ford USA the GP and GPW..

It is all very confusing, + Companies selling off parts of there companies/brand names.

Quote: The on and off rumors about Jeep coming to India are around since mid-2012 when Fiat India sent out a few press releases with a Chrysler logo on it. The Jeep brand is owned by Chrysler which in turn is owned by Fiat.

Read more: http://indianautosblog.com/2012/11/2013-jeep-fiat-india-foray-56081#ixzz2EWPo7Z5h

​Still cannot 100% work out what India's Mahindra, has to do with Jeep ? they have been making the Jeep under there own name for years, which had a licensing deal with Jeep USA and well as with Mitsubishi......

News now as of this last Friday looks like they Mahindra are buying Astin Martin

So as confusing as it may appear still cannot see why the Mahindra or Mitsubishi Jeeps are Fake ?? and to confuse it even more the 1st Jeep was made by Ford USA the GP and GPW..

A one who has owned both a '43 GPW and a '73 cj I can assure you both are made in the US and a JEEP is a JEEP an they have and are only made in the US of A. Mitsu and Suzuki and whatever that is in India are NOT Jeeps. They are SUV's nothing more.

Read more: http://indianautosbl...1#ixzz2EWPo7Z5h

"still cannot see why the Mahindra or Jeeps are Fake" Vehicles made under license are possibly genuine copies....but as can be seen on the yellow Mitsubishi it is a Mitsubishi star in front of the name Willys. It doesn't say "JEEP" but for all intent it is a JEEP made in Japan. After WW2 and during the Korean conflict....and at the insistence of the U.S. army....licensed production of some vehicles was allowed in Japan to help shorten supply lines.

Edited by BSJ

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Preview

The Mercedes-Benz of Jeeps

In addition to the Mercedes-Benz M-Class sport-utility vehicle, the 2011 Grand Cherokee shares its platform (auto-speak for “basic underpinnings”) with other Mercedes models, including the R-Class and upcoming GL-Class.............http://www.automedia.com

Also appear that all the New Jeeps will be made in China and India say Fiat, that own Jeep looks to be the latest News of the last couple of weeks..

Re News in 2011........ 'Most of the Italian-built Jeeps will be exported, mainly to the United States. Engines and transmissions will come from Chrysler's U.S. operations,'

As I said before appears Confusing,,, from http://www.autoblog.com and "The Detroit News'

Edited by ignis

Lets not confuse the registered trade name 'JEEP' as owned by Chrysler as being the same brand of 4x4 as similar type vehicles made by a number of other manufacturers under various names....or illegally bearing the Jeep badge.

Should that read 'JEEP' WAS owned by Chrysler but sold off in 2009 crash to Fiat ?

Should that read 'JEEP' WAS owned by Chrysler but sold off in 2009 crash to Fiat ?

That is probably right. It's hard to keep track of who owns what.

Yeh, Mitsu made loads of Jeep in Asia.

More so with UK cars........ Jaguar and Range Rover are owned by Tata India..... Rolls and Bentley have split and both owned by different German Companies,....... MG Chinese owned....... The list goes on and appear endless

What is a Volvo ? people my age talk about them as Swedish cars, but then Ford bought them, and sold them on to a Chinese company, are they still Volvo ? a fake ?

How many different model and makes of cars are owned by VW ? Nissan are owned by Renault etc, etc

More so with UK cars........ Jaguar and Range Rover are owned by Tata India..... Rolls and Bentley have split and both owned by different German Companies,....... MG Chinese owned....... The list goes on and appear endless

What is a Volvo ? people my age talk about them as Swedish cars, but then Ford bought them, and sold them on to a Chinese company, are they still Volvo ? a fake ?

How many different model and makes of cars are owned by VW ? Nissan are owned by Renault etc, etc

It's all changed. Back in Oz we were proudly Holden or Ford enthusiasts.....and a few weirdo's that followed Chrysler. Then Chrysler became Mitsubishi....them Chrysler came back as Jeep. biggrin.png

Today Ford source 47% (+ or - a few percent) of their parts from.......China and some rubber bits from India! Holden I am not sure about, but you can bet they source many parts from O/S as well.

Ignis, why don't you do the research as there is a motoring book in there somewhere. You can release it just before next xmas and make a small fortune.