Russians In Phuket

hansgruber

I heard the Russians started buying taxi stands in Phuket, is it true?

You mean, there will be a third party in the TukTuk/Taxi business, soon?

And because they need taxis all over the island, they will fight the other two big groups?

I suggest better CCTV's, then. And working ones. Thursday evening, the 'x' program will have input for years!

• Like 1

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard the Russians started buying taxi stands in Phuket, is it true?

You mean, there will be a third party in the TukTuk/Taxi business, soon?

And because they need taxis all over the island, they will fight the other two big groups?

I suggest better CCTV's, then. And working ones. Thursday evening, the 'x' program will have input for years!

Well the russians have russian women working in bars in Phuket, they have a lot of power here

Pretty much everybody bashing Russians / Chinese / Arabs & Indians these days but every other nationality living in Thailand are so perfect when it comes down to going out on a night out and drink driving and killing someone for there stupidity or having a huge bust up in a bar for whatever reason or Girlfriend ./ Wife for that matter as for Russians in Phuket / Pattaya seems people who are complain have to much time on there hands .. coffee1.gif

chatting with the limo/taxi guys in patong you soon learn of their dislike of russians, however many of them are learning to say a few words in russian as there are so many of them. i think while i sat at the taxi stand from 6-11pm about 8 out of 10 passerby were russian. very humorless looking people who negotiate with a look of contempt on their face. the russian’s i saw were well dressed and i did not notice any tattoos. they did seem deeply unhappy with everything, everywhere. thankfully it will more difficult for russians to establish and maintain their underworld here. yes they have been hard at it but many will give-up and try their luck in the west where they can setup their trademark no compete rules. but if the bib give the russians an inch they will take it all the way and it's much harder to stop at that point. i fear that the thai’s will lump us with the russians and we non-russians will be the losers.

chatting with the limo/taxi guys in patong you soon learn of their dislike of russians, however many of them are learning to say a few words in russian as there are so many of them. i think while i sat at the taxi stand from 6-11pm about 8 out of 10 passerby were russian. very humorless looking people who negotiate with a look of contempt on their face. the russian’s i saw were well dressed and i did not notice any tattoos. they did seem deeply unhappy with everything, everywhere. thankfully it will more difficult for russians to establish and maintain their underworld here. yes they have been hard at it but many will give-up and try their luck in the west where they can setup their trademark no compete rules. but if the bib give the russians an inch they will take it all the way and it's much harder to stop at that point. i fear that the thai’s will lump us with the russians and we non-russians will be the losers.

Thai's are at fault for there own greed at the end of the day they are the are the only people who drove other tourist nationality away from Thailand as the old saying goes If you've been a bitch, karma will simply treat you like one. whistling.gif

We've got a few restaurants on Kamala Beach that won't serve Russians after numerous incidences of running up the bill and then refusing to pay and bringing in their own booze. They don't go out to the bars. They are adding very little to the tourist economy.

We see them wearing Captain's hats. Usually the whole family has them on??? I don't know what's up with that.

post-112076-0-13766200-1357384877_thumb.

They are adding very little to the tourist economy.

Do you mean your Kamala' bars are "tourist economy"??? Yes, I have seen plate with "no russians allowed" and was surprised, frankly.

Complaing that russians do not spend money in bars? Then find a way to draw them to visit your bar/cafe etc to spend their money for your biz, otherwise such bars will continue serving of 2.5 aussie's and 1.5 brits! On the other hand you can make really good turnover with russians if to attract them to come in and pay! And they would leave much more money than western people, believe me. How to attract? Just make russian menu with clearly stated prices and advertising plate outside at first. And do not keep them as idiots or savages.

Excess of russians nowadays here is only due troubles with traditinal winter vacations in Egypt, nothing more!.. Most of big russian travel operators (such as Pegas, TEZ-tour etc) have changed their charters into Thailand.

Edited by dmitryspb

Today was just insane. I went from place to place (Chalong/Rawai) and just Russians all over the place. From small M&P shops to Villa Market. I have been here for a loooong time, but have never seen this kind of invasion.... Not saying that this is all bad, but my god...

Do you mean your Kamala' bars are "tourist economy"??? Yes, I have seen plate with "no russians allowed" and was surprised, frankly.

Complaing that russians do not spend money in bars? Then find a way to draw them to visit your bar/cafe etc to spend their money for your biz, otherwise such bars will continue serving of 2.5 aussie's and 1.5 brits! On the other hand you can make really good turnover with russians if to attract them to come in and pay! And they would leave much more money than western people, believe me. How to attract? Just make russian menu with clearly stated prices and advertising plate outside at first. And do not keep them as idiots or savages.

Excess of russians nowadays here is only due troubles with traditinal winter vacations in Egypt, nothing more!.. Most of big russian travel operators (such as Pegas, TEZ-tour etc) have changed their charters into Thailand.

yeah right, OR ... just hire a Russian table dancer...there are loads around in Patong....saw it the other day, they even running around and giving out these Flyers for the tab dance businesses in 2nd floor where you can see the Russian Dancers from the street, dancing behind a glass window....good that dancing has nothing to do with work smile.png

However, you can do what you want trying to attract people which are on low budget will not be success full anyway. 500 Pounds for 14 days incl Flight, Hotel, Breakfast and Dinner is not really the high price tourist sector whistling.gif

Edited by moskito

yeah right, OR ... just hire a Russian table dancer...there are loads around in Patong....saw it the other day, they even running around and giving out these Flyers for the tab dance businesses in 2nd floor where you can see the Russian Dancers from the street, dancing behind a glass window....good that dancing has nothing to do with work smile.png

However, you can do what you want trying to attract people which are on low budget will not be success full anyway. 500 Pounds for 14 days incl Flight, Hotel, Breakfast and Dinner is not really the high price tourist sector whistling.gif

They have the wp as actress. They play working as dancer!

http://www.phuketgaz...ticle1261.html:

Edited by noob7

They have the wp as actress. They play working as dancer!

http://www.phuketgaz...ticle1261.html:

yeah, funny thing. I heard about it. Is it in future OK for the Thai Government when I work as an actor in our Restaurant? I just have to learn for a movie called THE BIG SCAM

So where to apply for the actors work permit? ....or is it just some money under the table somewhere? hehe, just kidding, I know thats not happen anymore in Thailand since years :)

I do not touch a single plate in our shop, except I eat there by myself.... But there are many other Restaurants around where the Farang is doing everything, cleaning tables, bringing food, taking money etc etc ... until today I always thougt it was forbidden....but they explained me they have work permits as managers LOL .... since when are managers allowed taking money? ;)

however, there was a Russian Restaurant here with two Russians working in it... no Thais at all. It was closed after 2 weeks.

Well, as other people marked already, the main problem is the poor english language skills with most of us. Then, our manners is really changes from west to east of Russia for low but this is not a rule. Also don't forget that people who speaks russian are not necessarily russian nationality.

Frankly speaking, it doesn't bother me at all someones don't like me or not welcome me in their bars or restaurants, I try to be kind with others and wait the same for me personally.

Please allow me to retract my previous slightly more complimentary comment about Russians in Phuket.

After a no-show on a 40,000 baht booking yesterday and another two rooms after an early checkout, I am going to do my best to avoid Russians booking at my place. I am pretty sure I won't get a single baht from the first group and will have difficulty getting a penalty payment from the second, especially as I'm away right now (mainly due to the way the web-booking site works).

These people seem to have no concept of acceptable business practices and I am completely fed up with it.

I'm really sorry for that but the better way to call to the tourist police if such shit happens. I know one russian girl in Phuket t. police, she solve the problems with russians very fast:)

our manners is really changes from west to east of Russia for low but this is not a rule.

Also don't forget that people who speaks russian are not necessarily russian nationality.

Nothing to add!

Edited by LivinginKata
English is this forum's language. other language removed

Well, as other people marked already, the main problem is the poor english language skills with most of us. Then, our manners is really changes from west to east of Russia for low but this is not a rule. Also don't forget that people who speaks russian are not necessarily russian nationality.

Frankly speaking, it doesn't bother me at all someones don't like me or not welcome me in their bars or restaurants, I try to be kind with others and wait the same for me personally.

Please allow me to retract my previous slightly more complimentary comment about Russians in Phuket.

After a no-show on a 40,000 baht booking yesterday and another two rooms after an early checkout, I am going to do my best to avoid Russians booking at my place. I am pretty sure I won't get a single baht from the first group and will have difficulty getting a penalty payment from the second, especially as I'm away right now (mainly due to the way the web-booking site works).

These people seem to have no concept of acceptable business practices and I am completely fed up with it.

I'm really sorry for that but the better way to call to the tourist police if such shit happens. I know one russian girl in Phuket t. police, she solve the problems with russians very fast:)

Can we get her number? thumbsup.gif

Can we get her number? thumbsup.gif

I'm not sure this is a good idea to place her phone here:), and of course she is not an officer just volunteer but that's quite enough. Anyway I'll ask.

our manners is really changes from west to east of Russia for low but this is not a rule.

Also don't forget that people who speaks russian are not necessarily russian nationality.

Nothing to add!

thumbsup.gif

This topic is very important. Better to communicate than write stupid plate "no russians allowed" sick.gif

• Like 2

Like many nations, there is a large variance between regular travellers and new travellers. As 'Goodrussian' points out, those in western Russia (for example Moscow/St Petersburg etc) are more likely to have gone overseas whilst not wearing a uniform. The expansion of Russian tourism has brought into play through direct flights, remote locations (such as Novosibirsk in Siberia) that haven't had that opportunity. The next time that you're in Phuket airport, look at the flight arrivals board, and see if you're familiar with the airports of origin. Of course, that's the same with China, if not more.

There exists in Russia a deep founded suspicion for anything new or different. That is multiplied when Russians visit other countries. Don't underestimate the 'propaganda' that 'everybody is an enemy'.

Another observation that I have, is that whilst living and working in Russia for a while, and having had some great social occasions, I've witnessed quite a few altercations and brawls. Some have been stupid, some vicious, but never have I seen a Russian stop fighting until he's unconscious.

Edited by pagallim

Like many nations, there is a large variance between regular travellers and new travellers. As 'Goodrussian' points out, those in western Russia (for example Moscow/St Petersburg etc) are more likely to have gone overseas whilst not wearing a uniform. The expansion of Russian tourism has brought into play through direct flights, remote locations (such as Novosibirsk in Siberia) that haven't had that opportunity. The next time that you're in Phuket airport, look at the flight arrivals board, and see if you're familiar with the airports of origin. Of course, that's the same with China, if not more.

There exists in Russia a deep founded suspicion for anything new or different. That is multiplied when Russians visit other countries. Don't underestimate the 'propaganda' that 'everybody is an enemy'.

Another observation that I have, is that whilst living and working in Russia for a while, and having had some great social occasions, I've witnessed quite a few altercations and brawls. Some have been stupid, some vicious, but never have I seen a Russian stop fighting until he's unconscious.

Phuket international arrivals should help ... link http://www.phuketairportonline.com/node/12

A few weeks back I was in the fruit and vege section at the big Tesco at Thalang.

There was a mid thirties Russian couple there, obviously on holidays due to their frightening sunburn, hovering over a big bin that contained potatoes on sale. I stood nearby for a good 15 minutes (waiting for my girl to finish her shopping), and was more than a little amused watching these two picking up, and inspecting, all of the potatoes before finally selecting a half dozen or so for their plastic bag.

I don't confess to know how the Russian mind works.

However, I do know that if I spent my hard earned on a short term holiday abroad, I would not waste 15 minutes of my precious time reviewing 20 THB per kilo potatoes.

Edited by Phronesis

A few weeks back I was in the fruit and vege section at the big Tesco at Thalang.

There was a mid thirties Russian couple there, obviously on holidays due to their frightening sunburn, hovering over a big bin that contained potatoes on sale. I stood nearby for a good 15 minutes (waiting for my girl to finish her shopping), and was more than a little amused watching these two picking up, and inspecting, all of the potatoes before finally selecting a half dozen or so for their plastic bag.

I don't confess to know how the Russian mind works.

However, I do know that if I spent my hard earned on a short term holiday abroad, I would not waste 15 minutes of my precious time reviewing 20 THB per kilo potatoes.

Have you ever shopped in Russia? The novelty of having 'fresh' produce or something to compare with 'back home' is something to be savoured...............

• Like 2

Oh...and the other day I was eating at the McDonalds and a Russian women was trying to haggle on the price of the happy meals she ordered for her two kids. She argued for a good 5 minutes with the Thai girl behind the counter before see finally paid the amount showing on the till.

Anybody that eats at McDonalds deserves to be deported as an individual lacking in both taste and intelligence...................

Pakistan might suit, remember the slogan "Halal, is it meat your looking for?"............

• Like 1

Anybody that eats at McDonalds deserves to be deported as an individual lacking in both taste and intelligence...................

Pakistan might suit, remember the slogan "Halal, is it meat your looking for?"............

I can ensure you that it was, in fact, my good taste and intelligence that led me to eat at McDonalds. Good taste in women...and the intelligence to see a great opportunity to get a phone number...

Oh...and the other day I was eating at the McDonalds and a Russian women was trying to haggle on the price of the happy meals she ordered for her two kids. She argued for a good 5 minutes with the Thai girl behind the counter before see finally paid the amount showing on the till.

May I ask you just one question. Does your knowledge of russian language so far, that you understood the woman haggling in McD?

May I ask you just one question. Does your knowledge of russian language so far, that you understood the woman haggling in McD?

I dont think it does, fair guess that they would be haggling in English or Thai. Do you think the Russians would be haggling in Russian with a Thai that is working in McDonalds?
  • Like 1

I dont think it does, fair guess that they would be haggling in English or Thai. Do you think the Russians would be haggling in Russian with a Thai that is working in McDonalds?

Actually we can if we don't speak any language except russian.clap2.gif

I mean, she misunderstood the price or try to change smth or .......... I don't know what else but not haggling in McD's. You know, between fighting with bears on the streets and drinking vodka we visit McD's sometimesthumbsup.gif . Everybody know this is not the right place for hagglecoffee1.gif .