New Menu At Yummy Pizza

jonwilly

Yummy have an extensively revised menu.

Tried the Mackerel last week, tasty and served with new potatoes, spinach, very nice.

Had their Tapas yesterday, good selection at B60 and B90 per dish.

They are planning Christmas Lunch/Dinner depending on numbers of folk pre booking.

john

Only one that I know of.

Go down the Irrigation Canal Rd, toward Hang Dong, heading out of town until you reach the traffic lights at Mae Hia.

It's then 3 kms straight on, on left hand side, entre via entrance to Mae Hia Golf driving range, plenty of parking.

john

Tony's place for foreign man (and their women) only, live music on Wednesday night.

Tony used to have the bar by the big Sony sign on the road to Hang Dong (on the soy to Waang Tan).

Tony sold out to Devant who now has the RH corner bar in Moon Muang Soy 9

After Devant moved Steve took on the place, Steve used to have the Half Moon in Moon Muang Soy 2

You got to laugh at all the foreign bar owners playing musical chairs in CM.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

For those of you still searching for a decent Sunday roast give Yummy a go. Have only tried the pork numerous times but believe they also serve beef.

Only tried Yummy once, ambiance was well beyond expectation. Alas, the pizza lacked flavour ... might have to try a Sunday roast.

The best pizza's I ever had were in NZ - made with a very liberal amount of garlic, olives and seasonings in the base sauce.

For those of you still searching for a decent Sunday roast give Yummy a go. Have only tried the pork numerous times but believe they also serve beef.

Only tried Yummy once, ambiance was well beyond expectation. Alas, the pizza lacked flavour ... might have to try a Sunday roast.

The best pizza's I ever had were in NZ - made with a very liberal amount of garlic, olives and seasonings in the base sauce.

Have only ever visited Sunday lunch time and certainly enjoyed. Pork was 240baht for half a dozen slices, roast and mash spuds, good size yorkshire and 4 veg which were oven roasted. If you prefer your pork with apple sauce there's a jar in the fridge we left there 2 weeks back so help yourself.

Tony's place for foreign man (and their women) only, live music on Wednesday night.

Tony used to have the bar by the big Sony sign on the road to Hang Dong (on the soy to Waang Tan).

After Devant moved Steve took on the place, Steve used to have the Half Moon in Moon Muang Soy 2

What are you on about? Every time I've been there have been Thai's with their families in there.

The prices at all the Hang Dong pizzerias are outrageus. The rent is cheap, but the prices of pizzas are almost double what they should be. You can get cheaper and often better pizzas downtown.

Yummy´s small pizzas costs over 200 baht. I can cheaper and bigger pizzas even in Europe where the cost of everything is a lot higher and the government taxes 50% of the GDP. I can not understand why the pizzas are so blatantly expensive here.

I would like to support the pizza restauraunts here, but simply can not.

Rubbish. They are top notch and more than fairly priced.

Try the 13" yummee dog @ Yummee pizza. product of sk .13" is a big sausage ? smile.png

Tony works hard and has a great place @ yummee pizza

Tony's a top bloke and has a good voice too... a thoroughly enjoyable venue, especially on Wed evenings. Pizza toppings are excellent, the base is ok, but the sauce is lacking in flavour. IMO It needs more tomato puree, garlic and seasonings.

Can't beat the Duke's pizza, by price or by quality.

Variety being the spice of life..they are both good in their own ways. Dukes pizzas taste great but try picking one up and eating it by hand, near on impossible. Yummy is Italian / Aussie style where we almost always eat it with our hands.

What are you on about? Every time I've been there have been Thai's with their families in there.

Plenty of Thai families eat at Yumee Pizza and the name is somewhat misleading as there is quite an extensive menu. This area is growing food wise and many choices of restaurants which can only be good news for locals.

• Like 1

Same here! I always go with the family. Tommo really does have some strange views. She must have felt unwelcome. I'm sure Tony welcomes single ladies like Tommo, just the same as everyone else.

• Like 1

I once had to entertain some guests so I said we should go to "Yummie Pizza", they didn't like the sound of it so we went somewhere else instead!

Plenty of Thai families eat at Yumee Pizza and the name is somewhat misleading as there is quite an extensive menu. This area is growing food wise and many choices of restaurants which can only be good news for locals.

Edited by ARISTIDE

I once had to entertain some guests so I said we should go to "Yummie Pizza", they didn't like the sound of it so we went somewhere else instead!

Your loss I guess.

I still think this place make best Chicken parmigiana and lasagna and what not, not to mention the sweet staff, just too bad the name doesn't help!

Your loss I guess.

Edited by ARISTIDE

I'll offer a plug for Yummy Pizza.

And no, it has nothing to do with their sponsor status.

I've eaten there numerous times, and although pizza is the focus for some, I can highly recommend the eggplant parmagiana, pasta dishes and the excellent salads.

Lots of Thais go there- I see young Thai couples, extended families, etc.

Tony is a hard working dude, and I give him a big thumbs up for his food and efforts. licklips.gif

• 1 month later...

Well, I am glad to hear that there are now alternatives to the pizza. I was sorely disappointed when I visited and tried their pizzas. Do they not know that a tomato based sauce is required to call it a pizza?

I found them to be dry and bland. A shame, because it's a lovely setup - just not yummy pizzas, and salads served with a super nasty dressing that tasted like it was made with cheap vegetable oil; certainly not olive oil. A great shame, as I liked the place very much.

Maybe they were on an off day when I visited?

Well, I am glad to hear that there are now alternatives to the pizza. I was sorely disappointed when I visited and tried their pizzas. Do they not know that a tomato based sauce is required to call it a pizza?

I found them to be dry and bland. A shame, because it's a lovely setup - just not yummy pizzas, and salads served with a super nasty dressing that tasted like it was made with cheap vegetable oil; certainly not olive oil. A great shame, as I liked the place very much.

My salad was served by a super nasty waitress there

My salad was served by a super nasty waitress there

"super nasty waitress" did you get her phone number?

It wasn't a bar (Toni's old place), it was "Happy Pizza". I believe Devon has also moved on again and sold up his place in town and move back to Canada.