Isaan Farmers Meeting At Puparn Rdsc - January 2013

WormFarmer

We have now booked the tour at the RDSC Puparn starting 1pm on Friday 25 January 2013. We have booked for about 25 people, but total numbers don't matter too much so long as we have a reasonably sized group.

We have checked that the resort have rooms available: they have 8 larger rooms (cottages) and 8 smaller rooms but apart from size all have the same basic facilities. Cost is Baht 250 per night so don't expect the Ritz. We propose to book rooms one week in advance, that is on Friday 18 January. I suggest we book larger rooms for couples and smaller rooms for singles.

At present I have the following potential attendees:

WormFarmer + 1 - certain - accommodation required

John Clements + 1 - certain - accommodation required

IsaanAussie + 1 - Maybe

AA1 + 1 - certain - accommodation required

Ray23 + 1 - certain - accommodation required

Alvin + 1 - certain - accommodation required

Mobaan + 1 - certain - accommodation required

HRKHAMYAI + 1 - certain - Not sure about accommodation

Mr Odessey + ? - Maybe

Bergen + 0 - Maybe

Boblunch + 0 - certain - accommmodation NOT required

Please will you re-confirm to me before Friday 18 January if you are coming (with or without wife / GF) and what accommodation you require, if any. I shall only book rooms for those who re-confirm, anyone else can take pot-luck.

Anyone else who is still thinking of joining the trip please let me have the same details as above by Friday 18 January.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will be attending 25th Require accomadation for wife and self

Welcome aboard macro1, your requirements duly noted. Look forward to meeting you

Delighted to confirm that Ting and I would like accommodation and look forward to seeing you all.

Thanks Anthony, see you then.

As far as I know Alvin and I are a still a go.

Not sure yet but, I might want to buy another kilo of worms. Do you think they would keep overnight?

My plan didn't work as I expected we have slod one heck of a lot of fish, all caught on poles. Got some real surprises. Peopel like the taste of our fush we even have people who have fish farms buying from us. There is small group of people who come out from Udon to the farm and fish for themselves. It's all l;ot fun with them.

So we have went though one heck of a lot of bait. I may need another kilo just to get back on plan.

As far as I know Alvin and I are a still a go.

Not sure yet but, I might want to buy another kilo of worms. Do you think they would keep overnight?

My plan didn't work as I expected we have slod one heck of a lot of fish, all caught on poles. Got some real surprises. Peopel like the taste of our fush we even have people who have fish farms buying from us. There is small group of people who come out from Udon to the farm and fish for themselves. It's all l;ot fun with them.

So we have went though one heck of a lot of bait. I may need another kilo just to get back on plan.

Thanks for the reconfirmation Ray.

We can bring a kilo of worms if you want, in this cool weather they should be OK overnight. But please let me know well in advance (5 days) if you want them as it takes time to harvest them and let them settle after that.

Hi WF. Wee and I plus 2 newbies will be there for the visit but no accomadation required .Thank you. see you on the 25 th.

Thanks H, see you all on 25th. Incidentally I was just looking at your TV name and realised what it said - you obviously have big ideas about yourself whistling.gif

Hello WF,

I hope I can make it up there as well, with the cook, work permitting.

Won't need rooms....

Regards

Hi Irrigator, Look forward to meeting you again. Are you going to join for dinner before you drive home - the place is on your way?

Hi WF

Confirm wife and I will be there 25th.

Look forward to meeting with you all then.

Regards,

Max

Will require room

Max

Thanks for your re-confirmation Max - you are on my list for booking a room when I call them on Friday.

That is if the Ubon Hash will allow it........................whistling.gif

Hi Bergen, is that a yes or a no or a maybe?huh.png

Hi WF, it's a maybe, but hoping for a yes later! biggrin.png

Hi Bergen, Any changes yet? - I shall be booking rooms on Friday 18th - after that it's pot luck on rooms but no problem on numbers for the tour around RDSC.

I have now booked 10 rooms at the resort for all those who have re-confirmed their requirements. Bye the way they don't do breakfast unless ordered in advance.

A word of caution for those of you who will be travelling there via route 213 from Kalasin. Once you get past Somdet the road is a single carriageway with many hairpin bends, so it can be slower than you would usually expect, especially if you are stuck behind a lorry, so allow plenty of time. You can check out the road on Google Earth.

The tour at Puparn RDSC will start in their transport at 1pm. on Friday 25th January, according to my list there are 28 of us. Any one arriving late will have to catch-up.

The resteraunt is up the hills a bit, so may be a bit chilly - it's on the route 213. For those coming in on route 213 you will pass the resteraunt on your right about 3km before you get to Phu Phan town, you'll see the coffee shop. It's called Suan Somjai. The resort is about 2km past Phu Phan town on the right, its call Natapong Resort (written in Thai on a signboard outside) see attached photo of the signboard.

post-34165-0-73594600-1358562870_thumb.j

I also attach a map showing the relative positions of Sakon Nakhon, Puparn RDSC, the resort and the resteraunt.

Map of RDSC Resort and Resteraunt.pdf

Any problems my telephone number is 081-830-5638.

See you all there. thumbsup.gif

hi me and the wife would like to come along we dont need a room though look forward to meeting some new people

steve

Hi Steve, I am presuming that the strike-through is not intentional, but a problem with your editor. Look forward to meeting you on Friday.

Due to change of plans I have 5x10 kg of the much searched for and not easy to get green manure seed of SESBANIA left . I will bring that with me . I paid 35 Baht per KG .and will sell for the same amount.

If anybody wants it , you are welcome .