Youtube Clip Of Slaphappy Thai Army Officer Rankles Netizens: Nonthaburi

webfact

Youtube clip of slaphappy Army officer rankles netizens

By Coconuts Bangkok

dr.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Netizens have been condemning an ill-mannered, allegedly drunk Thai Army officer who was caught on tape slapping a motorist near Tiwanon Intersection in Nonthaburi on the evening of December 11. He claimed to be a high-ranking official but was later identified to be a Private.

The 76-second-long Youtube clip entitled “Drinking and driving, claims to be a high-ranking official” recorded the moment when a driver and his wife were cut off by the officer’s vehicle. He then got out of his car, walked down and yelled at them for honking.

Full story/video: http://www.coconutsb...nkles-netizens/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2012-12-14

footer_n.gif

Identified as a private so why do they keep refering to him as the officer. The commission of Officer is appointed by the King so would this private not be bordering Leste Majeste identifying himself as one of the Kings appointments and disgracing the title/rank?

The story is all over the place. In the link, they still use the word officer, even though the guy claimed to be a Sergeant. I reckon now he may not even reach that rank.

This was on channel 3 news this morning covered extensively. Not sure why this is such big news, but I suspect it's because the victim was a hi-so medical doctor, and his wife took the video with her phone. From the video, that Doctor behaved really stupidly and cowardly. First, when the drunk approached his car, he took no evasive actions when he could have driven away, nor did he lock his doors. He let the army guy open the door and bitch slap him silly, while the doctor's wife kept saying "I'm sorrry.". What a pussy. Later at the police station, his wife was chattering nonstop, but again, the doctor husband just sat there numb.

Stupid video. Stupid people.

• Like 1

Identified as a private so why do they keep refering to him as the officer. The commission of Officer is appointed by the King so would this private not be bordering Leste Majeste identifying himself as one of the Kings appointments and disgracing the title/rank?

The story is all over the place. In the link, they still use the word officer, even though the guy claimed to be a Sergeant. I reckon now he may not even reach that rank.

Well if he is a Sergeant then he would be a "Non" Commissioned Officer so I guess the story may be partly correct, but that's splitting hairs. I guess the journalist is not really sure what rank he is.

Well if he is a Sergeant then he would be a "Non" Commissioned Officer so I guess the story may be partly correct, but that's splitting hairs. I guess the journalist is not really sure what rank he is.

Safe bet that he's a Private, and likely to remain so :-)
  • Like 1

Initially I had a feeling he was going to fetch something from the trunk......the Doc is probably lucky to get away with a few slaps.

I think the army guy was just drunk and hit the trunk release by accident. The Doc's wife said the guy was swerving all over the road, and that's why her husband honked at him and then soldier boy got mad.

* or maybe he had a tire iron, knife or pistol in the back and after seeing the weak Doc decided he could handle it without any weapons?

Edited by keemapoot

Private or not, how often do Thai privates drive what looks like an accord? They are not cheap.

That was my first response too, unless there's more to Walting here than just mincing about in a uniform:)

Edited by evadgib