North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un Voted Person Of The Year In T I M E Poll

webfact

Kim Jong Un voted Person of the Year in TIME poll

A majority of online readers of TIME magazine have selected North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as their pick for the annual "Person of the Year."

He won by a wide margin - with about 5.6 million people voting for him. American satirist Jon Stewart was in second place with 2.4 million votes. In third place was a collective image of an illegal immigrant, with a million and a half votes.

The magazine said that it had been the target of campaigns, which pushed Kim's vote up.

It should be noted that the choice of the influential magazine, to be announced December 19, is not based on readers’ opinions – the selection is made by editors of TIME. Often, the choice of readers and editors fails to coincide.

Voice of Russia, TASS

Source: http://english.ruvr....r-in-TIME-poll/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2012-12-14

footer_n.gif

sad story, sad country, sad man , sad future , seems to me that orientals are so easy to brainwash .....am i the only one thinking this ?

funny they think the same about people in the West ermm.gif

They only think what they are told to think, by the Commo regime.
  • Like 1

The Boy Dictator. Sounds like the title of a kid's storybook.

I think his position in the world will alter drastically in the not too distant future.

And his demise will come from within, not without.

Time mag is keeping with the race to the bottom zeitgeist, striving for new lows.

This pushes them to the head of the pack. Well done. They can always improve by halting articles on world events and just report exclusively on reality show players and gossip.

• Like 1

sad story, sad country, sad man , sad future , seems to me that orientals are so easy to brainwash .....am i the only one thinking this ?

wheras in the West we think what we would like to believe blink.png

I think it's fair to say, that in the West, more independent information is available, and more freedom to express ones views.

im not just talking about comi regimes , im talking about orientals, thai, cambodian , chinese ,viet, korean etc,......... if its on the TV then it must be true, or cos a monk said it , it must be true , or their teachers, which is scariest of all especially here in thailand ,.....i've yet to meet a professor or a uni lecturer , but the teachers i have met,.....maaaaaaaaan they were thick !

I think it's fair to say, that in the West, more independent information is available, and more freedom to express ones views.

I believe the likes of Brandon J. Raub, a 26-year-old former U.S. Marine, and Virginia resident would completely disagree with you on that one .

ph34r.png

• Like 1

I believe the likes of Brandon J. Raub, a 26-year-old former U.S. Marine, and Virginia resident would completely disagree with you on that one .

ph34r.png

The fact that you are able to actually match a name to single case sort of exemplifies the point.

But if you believe that, in general, freedom of expression is similar in the USA/EU and counties such as North Korea - carry on.

• Like 2

For those that aren't aware, this was an online poll, and one that was manipulated by a group of pranksters using computer programs that vote automatically. They even manipulated the runners up, the first letters of the names of the 14 with the highest votes spell out KJU (Kim Jong Un) GAS CHAMBERS

• Like 2

This does not make any sense.

I bet this article was quoted from The Onion, which was then quoted by a Chinese news agency before The Voice of Russia picked it up.

Little Kim and then John Stewart? Really?

Edited by tomyummer

He's on a roll -- late last month he got the sexiest man alive tag, although some spoilsports insist that was a hoax, and the gangnam video (where he calls himself Psy) is en route to a billion views. Ten thousand years! Ten thousand years! tongue.png

Post of the week. I will never be able to look at the Gangnam video again without thinking its actually Our Dear Glorious Leader. LMAO

I wonder if he is a superb golfer just like his record breaking dad?

Ever heard of Hitler / Stalin ?

Uncle Joe, your buddy? When did your golden boy become a bad man in your eyes? Have you ever asked why France and the UK declared war on Germany when Germany attacked Poland to protect the German minority exposed to pogroms in this fine country, but not on the Soviets who invaded from the East and had no other reason than territorial and resources acquisition? The mutual assistance pact between France, UK, and Poland did not state that it's invalid in case the USSR attacks any of the three countries. Why could the Soviets take Finnland two months later and again, no one cared? 1940, the Soviet Union invaded Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, and parts of Romania, again no reaction from the West whatswhoever. We had the Pearl Harbor day not long ago and a thread on it with a lot of bosh like 'day of infamy', and 'defending freedom', but it wasn't like this when it happened. The US delivered mountains of war and other equipment to the UK and USSR long before Pearl Harbor, and assisted China in every way, they were defacto at war with Japan and Germany.

Just wait and see if the Kim dynasty could become a useful ally, and their record be cleared. I can imagine the might of China poses a bigger threat in the Pacific or even globally soon, and encircling this country with American allies becomes the top priority. Just like when maoist China, indistinguishable from Kim's NK, and the US became best friends against the Soviets. Well, I guess a lot of people will go along with it, as always.