New Shopping Center Off Thepprasit

MZurf

The one that looks Colosseum-esque? Some bloke in the pub the other night told me it is going to be some sort of theater/music venue.

Yep, that's the one. Theater and music venue in Pattaya? What is the world coming to?!

Here's the sign on the construction site. I had faith in the man in the pub's prediction.

post-30245-0-29051700-1356059979_thumb.j

So, what can we expect from the Colosseum Show? Illegal Burmese workers or farangs who fail to do their 90 day reporting being fed to the lions? Your suggestions welcome. All jolly good stuff.

Well, if you know history then you would expect a Colosseum Show to be bit like the movie Gladiator.....but since any of this is utterly meaningless to any Thai person this "show" must be along the lines of that Tiffany's miming, Danny La Rue, pathetic burlesque sort of crap. That seems to attract massive coachloads of people who go around taking photographs of other people enjoying themselves on a proper holiday.i.e. Not those being dragged from one tourist trap to another led by someone with a flag...

If it is indeed a place where Gladiators are going to have sword fights to the death and have Christains fed to the lions, I think that it might be a bit more off putting than Bull fighting is in Spain.

Another story I heard is that the Soi Buakow market is being moved to be housed in this area and be indoors to give more air conditioned comfort. There will be an ice rink, Cinemaplex, 30 lane bowling alley, large gym complex and an outdoor Olympic size swimming pool. which relates to the size of the complex that is being constructed as it really is colossal...

• 4 weeks later...

How come the promotional (architectural) drawings always leave out the street vendors ???

We already know that cars won't be able to pass because of the 798 som-tom and fried grass

hopper stalls that will be lining the drive way ...

luudee w00t.gif

• Like 1