A Quick Bernard Trink Quiz

andrew

Easy stuff, this. You're either an expat or you're not. You either know the answers or you don't.

Per forum rules (which I've checked), I won't mention the journo or his employers.

Question 1

You all know "I don't give a hoot". Which was the correct address?

a. gmail

b. hotmail

c. yahoo

Question 2

Which is correct?

a. shampoo from Myanmar

b. Burmese toothpaste

c. Burma shave

Question 3

Which is correct?

a. Night owl

b. Night eagle

c. Night hawk

Question 4

Pick the correct one:

a. Mondaines

b. Demimondaines

c. Semimondaines

Question 5

The great man used to say .................

a. mosey over

b. go there and check it out

c. go and take a look

-------------------------

Got any more questions? I must have missed loads of obvious ones.

• Like 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. hotmail

2. Burma Shave

3. Night Owl

4. Demimondaines

5. mosey over

Results will be announced at midnight.

Can I copy/paste Pluto's post and get second prize? rolleyes.gif

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Sure. I guess my quiz was a bit too easy.

Your prize: a bottle of "firewater" and some "suds".

I actually never worked out what "suds" were, but I hope you enjoy them!

I was always totally amazed that an allegedly serious newspaper could give over a whole page to a review of girlie bars.

TIT, indeed.

Now they wish us to regard them a serious newspaper by their total denial of the existence of the 'Nightlife' Trink wrote about.

• Like 2

I was always totally amazed that an allegedly serious newspaper could give over a whole page to a review of girlie bars.

TIT, indeed.

A whole page? Really?

Back in the early eighties, he had the whole back page of the news section of the Saturday paper.

TIT, indeed.

A whole page? Really?

Back in the early eighties, he had the whole back page of the news section of the Saturday paper.

In the '70's he used to have up to 4 pages in the Bangkok World - that was a Tabloid but it's still quite a presence.

Is he still around by the way?

Patrick

In the '70's he used to have up to 4 pages in the Bangkok World - that was a Tabloid but it's still quite a presence.

Patrick

He still writes book reviews for that newspaper on Mondays. Used to see him at the annual US Independence Day picnic but haven't seen him there in years.

TIT, indeed.

A whole page? Really?

Patrick

I remember that tabloid now and yes, the Night Owl was much more prolific in there where 4 tabloid pages = a couple in broadsheet. I stand (mostly) corrected.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

He used to have two full pages in the Bangkok Post. Quite rightly they started to cut him down then got rid of him.

How irresponsible was he for his writings on HIV being harmless, not causing AIDS whilst telling readers where to pick up prostitutes!

A lecherous old whore-monger if the truth is wanted.

Edited by Johnniey

TIT, indeed.

A whole page? Really?

Patrick

Up to a few years ago he would hold court in Lucky Lukes.

Whatever happened to his readers who promised to follow him to the ends of the earth?

Nothing more than a relic from a bygone era who was unwilling or unable to adapt.

don't you man you are either old or you are not?

Trink was still writing when i got here in 96, but i really could not be arsed to read his drivel.

His insistence denying the risk of HIV in unprotected sex was enough to put me off.

pretty much cost him a job as well.

all dinosaurs eventually die

here is one of his gems for those that have not had the pleasure:

<link removed>

Edited by tombkk
: I am totally sorry, but links to Bangkok Post articles are not allowed (forum rule #31)