Aeon Bank Atm

advancebooking

Hi there,

Does anybody know if there is an AEON bank ATM anywhere in (pattaya)- preferably in the Jomtien area. I read on another thread that if I use my card from home to withdraw AEON will waive the thb150 fee (me kee neo).

thanks

Edited by Rimmer
Totally unnecessary

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 3 that I know of. The first is outside Home Pro (could be homeworks) next to Big C on Sukhumvit. The next is inside Big C on Pattaya Klang, and the last is in Tesco (on Pattaya Nua). The one in Tesco is probably your best bet. It has the AEON office next door.

The one inside Big C had a sign saying "not in service" today.I hope that helps.

There are 3 that I know of. The first is outside Home Pro (could be homeworks) next to Big C on Sukhumvit. The next is inside Big C on Pattaya Klang, and the last is in Tesco (on Pattaya Nua). The one in Tesco is probably your best bet. It has the AEON office next door.

The one inside Big C had a sign saying "not in service" today.I hope that helps.

The Aeon ATM outside of Homepro would be the closest to Jomtien

Not HomePro - Homeworks Next to BigC on Sukhumvit

Not HomePro - Homeworks Next to BigC on Sukhumvit

On a side note, that's the only one that is accessible 24/7.

The one in Tesco is the best to use (queuse only at the beginning of the month) personally i would never use the one outside home pro as it is not overseen and there are to many scams going on here at the moment . about a year ago the one in Tesco did not pay out and while the stafff both there and at the HO PHONE number i was given were polite they would do nothing ,it was left to my bank in the UK to resolve it ,they put the money back into my account within two days but warned me that it could take up to 10 months to resolve with aeon and if unresolved they would take the cash back . they never did .

I use the one at Big C Extra but unfortunately it is out of order half the time I want to use it.

Dont bother trying to use it on the first of the month as the queues are long and then finally it runs out of cash or out of order for whatever reason.

I used the one in Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang once as a test. Haven't checked the cost of usage yet. I was able to take out more than 20,000 baht at a go, which was particularly useful at the time. But, as someone above pointed out with a no-cash situation, I just don't feel confident in using it regularly. Twice I've had a TMB ATM deduct my account back home but give no cash. So I've learned that you have to report the problem to the offending Thai bank but the resolution starts with your home bank.

Anyone else with problems at an AEON ATM?

About a year ago maybe 2 the one in front of homework didn't payout. Went to lotus branch and they told me to contact my bank which I did. Money was back in my account within a few days.

The this case, it ran the transaction through and then after it was approved it started counting the bills and then realized it didn't have enough money to pay me out and closed down after spitting my card out. You would think these machines were keeping track of how much they had in them but in typical Thai style it was quick to rub the charge through and only after did it bother to check off it could provide me the funds.

The other problem is that since the transaction went through and my daily home bank limit was reached I had to wait till the next day before I could pull out any more money from any atm.

Could have happened with any bank really but since there are only 3 of these machines in town they tend to run out real quick.

i remember one time months ago the aeon @ bottom floor siam paragon didnt work. put card in and everything looked good until you request the funds. after 30-45 seconds, you get message that transaction failed...contact your bank. no funds were removed.

in pattaya, i would go for the tesco location.

the aeon atm limit is 40,000 baht per withdrawal, and exchange rate is on par with the best TT rate that day from any Thai bank.

"The second best time to plant a tree is today" sent from TV android app (Galaxy Cooper).

Surprised that so many esteemed posters dont know that there is an Aeon ATM in Jomtien.

Instead of turning left onto Jomtien Beach Road, turn right onto Dongtan Beach and its about 20 yards in.

Wow.. you are the first I have ever heard mention it.. thanks for that. Is it accessible 24/7?

Wow.. you are the first I have ever heard mention it.. thanks for that. Is it accessible 24/7?

No idea, it is an exchange booth with an ATM attached, so you would presume so.

I only noticed the other week myself, as now they have closed that walkway along Dongtan beach to Pattaya Park, off to traffic, its been a favourite place for an afternoon stroll.

I heard of the pattaya balloon chasers...now we have the ATM chasers...too funny!

But when you are already being gouged by your home bank then paying an extra 150 baht starts to grate on the nerves.

My bank in Singapore charges 500baht to withdraw 20000baht so add another 150baht for the ATM and it starts to get quite exxy withdrawing money from atms.

Surprised that so many esteemed posters dont know that there is an Aeon ATM in Jomtien.

Instead of turning left onto Jomtien Beach Road, turn right onto Dongtan Beach and its about 20 yards in.

are you sure i went today and couldn't find it,

did see a TMB and a GOVT atm but no Aeon.

• Like 1

False report? sad.png It would have been a handy machine for me.

AEON ATMs don't "waive" the 150 baht withdrawal fee charged by the Thai banks. They simply don't charge it at all and never have, because, as LSM pointed out above, they're not a Thai bank but rather the Thai arm of a Japanese-based credit card company that operates regular ATM machines in many parts of Thailand.

Their ATMs normally will work with any VISA or MC-logo debit card. But some straight ATM-only (non-VISA or MC) cards will not work with AEON ATMs.

If you ever had a problem withdrawing cash from an AEON ATM, like the bills aren't produced or come out in the wrong amount, their ATMs typically have a sticker on the front with a Thailand phone number to call for customer service from AEON. But in my experience, AEON ATMs are mechanically at least as reliable as any other Thai bank's machines.

Again, in my experience, where you're likely to have more problems with any ATM is where it's a standalone unit and not located as part of a bank branch or, in AEON's case, an AEON office. It's the standalone ones that seem to have more problems either with a] people messing with them and/or b] the machine owner not monitoring and maintaining them especially well.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

False report? sad.png It would have been a handy machine for me.

Probably due to the fact that AEON ATM's are the same color as are SCB ATM's.

The giveaway was that this mythical AEON ATM was attached to an exchange booth

Their ATMs normally will work with any VISA or MC-logo debit card. But some straight ATM-only (non-VISA or MC) cards will not work with AEON ATMs.

I've been using 2 straight ATM cards at AEON machines for years.

1. Plus logo

2. Cirrus and Maestro logos.

Edited by tropo