Burgled

Waterloo

Really wouldn't say this is a failing of the Thai police, last time I was robbed in the US the police never even showed up, they just told me to come down to the station to fill out a report for my insurance company. Unless you call them while the crime is happening they don't bother to show up after the fact.

y would u take the windows ?

Friend of mine was burgled last year and they dismantled the wooden staircase to get the metal brackets holding it together.

Wiring was pulled off the wall and the house was even stripped of the cheap plastic piping.

And yes even a couple of windows were taken.

Everything can be recycled and has a price in Thailand.

It was his next door neighbour who is now serving time in prison thanks to Thailands finest although even they would have been hard pressed to miss the trail over the garden wall!

Edited by edwinchester
  • Like 1

y would u take the windows ?

To make a point?

Probably a debt collecting follow up methinks?

how would you know .....seriously ....waffle waffle methinks ....I speak from experience when I say a Thai burglar does not know when to stop and will even try to take the taps from your sink... and most times one of your neighbors will be ball deep in it!!!

Thorough job too, as well as the furniture they took electrical fittings and all the windows!

A neighbour called the police whilst the theft was taking place but a 2 hour response gave them enough time to get away!

I guess it is a very small house. Furniture, electrical fittings (do you mean extension cords) and all the windows in 2 hours. laugh.png

No a good size 3 bedroom bungalow, 2 hours? don't know when they started removing things.

2 hours from the police being called to them being on scene, some of the furniture was pretty big and heavey as well!

I recall a few years back, a farang friend lived in an upmarket village which had regular burglaries.

The police eventually identified the actual gang and then quickly arrested them.

The senior cop made a comment that this was a very professional gang, they did quite detailed surveillance to decide what houses to target and why, all of the gang members had very specific duties to get into the premises, what room to go to, what to remove, what windows / doors etc., to break open to get any large items out (if on their list), what to get onto the vehicle first in some cases, etc., best location to park the getaway vehicle all planned in advance to avoid being noticed as much as possible, etc.

Such gangs exist of course in all countries.

Edited by scorecard

Had friend lived in a rather expesive gated community here, he moved out as there were too many burgularies. The security in moobaans is an illusion, I live in a stand alone house and there hasn't been anything happen in the entire area for at least 5 years, a few mansions around here with people coming and going all the time, plus neighbours actually do watch out. If anything had happened we would all know about it, the old grapevine runs quite nicely. Mind you I ain't in Pattaya.