Burgled

Waterloo

Wife got a phone call from her mother on saturday morning to tell her, her house had been burgled.

Thorough job too, as well as the furniture they took electrical fittings and all the windows!

A neighbour called the police whilst the theft was taking place but a 2 hour response gave them enough time to get away!

Clearly not a good idea to leave a house empty on the outskirts of Pattayya!

• Like 1

Thorough job too, as well as the furniture they took electrical fittings and all the windows!

A neighbour called the police whilst the theft was taking place but a 2 hour response gave them enough time to get away!

I guess it is a very small house. Furniture, electrical fittings (do you mean extension cords) and all the windows in 2 hours. laugh.png

I guess it is a very small house. Furniture, electrical fittings (do you mean extension cords) and all the windows in 2 hours. laugh.png

No a good size 3 bedroom bungalow, 2 hours? don't know when they started removing things.

2 hours from the police being called to them being on scene, some of the furniture was pretty big and heavey as well!

No a good size 3 bedroom bungalow, 2 hours? don't know when they started removing things.

2 hours from the police being called to them being on scene, some of the furniture was pretty big and heavey as well!

Was this in a gated village or a stand alone house?

Was this in a gated village or a stand alone house?

What difference would this make? The "guards" would be sound asleep anyway. sad.png

• Like 1

A policeman friend once told me back in the UK. If you're getting burgled call the fire brigade! They're gauranteed to turn up in minutes rather than hours!!!!!!!

What do you do then, set fire to your house or tie a cat to a tree just to give the firemen something to do until the bobbies turn up?

Clearly not a good idea to leave a house empty on the outskirts of Pattayya!

Clearly not a good idea to HAVE a house on the outskirts of Pattayya!

To ignore the scum attracted to Pattaya, both foreign and indigenous, is perilous and inviting a catastrophe.

The neighbours burglarising a property is well known in Pattaya.

The reality is that you can never leave the house unattended. We live upcountry, have 4 dogs and my in-laws live there too, on the same land plot and are able to oversee our house. That provides security.

Then again we don't have the low life scum attracted to Pattaya [that wonderful city] where crime is constant and the police are not.

The lack of response is deplorable ................ but try doing something about it.

Hopeless.

To cheer you further; should the residents be foolish enough to refurnish everything stolen, then the thieves will be back. They are watching or someone informing them is.

Have a great life!

To be fair thats not perculiar to Thailand, I personnaly know of incidences in the UK.

The culprits know if they wait a month or so the insurers will have paid out & they already know the layout of the property

Great neighbours you have there,they called the police and then stood watching for 2 hours while they took your windows out?

I would think that trying to stop a group of criminals while unarmed could get me killed. I would stay out of it in LOS.

We have a saying. "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." I guess in LOS they are only hours away. :(

• Like 1

y would u take the windows ?

Everything has a resale value especially in a country with some of the poverty that thailand has.

I remember a story a few years ago were a london couple came home to find the back wall of there victorian terraced house had been stolen for the reclaim value of the bricks!

I have no idea what would motivate some "sticky fingers" people. I once had what you could call a errrr...stayover guest at my appartment after a night out.

At a later time i did realize that the 10 or so plastic pegs on the laundry wire outside had gone walkabouts.

I would have even given them to her if she did ask but for sure this was the strangest thing i ever had someone help themselves to blink.png

I have no idea what would motivate some "sticky fingers" people. I once had what you could call a errrr...stayover guest at my appartment after a night out.

At a later time i did realize that the 10 or so plastic pegs on the laundry wire outside had gone walkabouts.

I would have even given them to her if she did ask but for sure this was the strangest thing i ever had someone help themselves to blink.png

Sounds a bit kinky to me...........

Are we not soooooooooooooooo happy that such burglaries never ever happen in our home countries and that our police always shows up within a minute from being called????

It's insured in home country, in case you didn't know. Sorry to the OP to be confronted with apologists for Thai criminals for much of the thread. Cut the wife and her family loose, and that reduces the risk of this happening again by a lot.

By the way I recall from many years ago that the house of the infamous Mr Ullrich in Jomtien was burgled, and that actually the outer walls was the only thing they left behind. Remind you that Ullrich's house that had more bathrooms than the OP's house had rooms alltogether and that the the burglars were most probably very well connected.

It's always an invasion of privacy when you get burgled, but it can be expected if a home is left unattended frequently. Locals talk and the thieves amongst them listen. But, Thailand is no worse than anywhere else. My sister in London, England does not have a good word to say about the local police. She reported a murder taking place in front of her home and it took the police over an hour to get there. And, the police station was right around the corner from the event. My sister has a long list of similar happenings and she lives in a fairly upscale part of London.

OP: In Pattaya there are non uniformed Thai police volunteers. They are from the local community have mobile phones and will respond very quickly & at the same time they carry radios connected to the police comms network & radio through and alert the uniformed police. Contact your Amphur/local police and ask for the the contact details of the person/s for your particular location. Good idea to invite them to your house to introduce yourself and provide something to eat and a few beers - no need for tea money. Most don't speak English, or very limited, so needs someone to communicate in Thai.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

A policeman friend once told me back in the UK. If you're getting burgled call the fire brigade! They're gauranteed to turn up in minutes rather than hours!!!!!!!

Or tell the police youve just shot someone in your house. Watch how quick they get there then.