Sri Nakarin Dam Still Strong: Director Calms Doomsday-Phobic People

webfact

'Sri Nakarin Dam still strong': director calms doomsday-phobic people

By Coconuts Bangkok

dam.jpeg

KANCHANABURI: -- Sri Nakarin Dam assistant director Dilok Thanosawan reassured Thais that the dam’s condition was still normal and that the structure was ready to handle any quakes caused by the “end of the world” on December 21.

The Kanchanaburi dam has grabbed public attention multiple times within the past year, especially after a powerful earthquake shook central Myanmar and in the wake of other, mild tremors. Some speculated that if the 7,470-million-cubic-meter reservoir collapsed, the resultant floodwater could reach Bangkok within 35 hours and rise to a height of two meters.

Dilok stated, in an effort to assure the public of the dam’s structural safety, that earthquake-monitoring [more...]

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...-phobic-people/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2012-12-18

footer_n.gif

Does anyone have a clear idea of what exactly this end of the world event will entail? Is the situation hopeless or should we be stocking pla ra? Has a bong fai been considered as a way to propitiate the gods? Where is the guidance from Police Captain Chalerm?

I would assume that being "the END of the world" the situation should be classed as "hopeless".

• Like 1

Does anyone have a clear idea of what exactly this end of the world event will entail? Is the situation hopeless or should we be stocking pla ra? Has a bong fai been considered as a way to propitiate the gods? Where is the guidance from Police Captain Chalerm?

Cash your savings, head for nearest The Red Light District and fully enjoy the last few moments of this World tongue.png

• Like 2

Cash your savings, head for nearest The Red Light District and fully enjoy the last few moments of this World tongue.png

Ahhh. So good to hear from one who has not lost sight of the original mission.wai2.gif

THE SAD FACT is that the authorities have experts who understand the stresses placed on such a structure and that it remains inherently safe and yet they can not explain such to an uneducated population who believe in animism, have a belief in ghosts and all associated gibberish.

What compounds the problem is they actually vent time and effort on this rubbish.

If morons believe in the end of the world let them jibber jabber it to themselves - not to those of us who have heard of science and deal in facts.

If it is the end of the world the dam is not going to matter.

Drown, or be swallowed by fire, or transported to heaven

and saved as a perfect theologians dream entity.

Rumors are rampant and the credulous believe, and panic.

Maybe they are worried their will reincarnate and there's nothing there,

and they go into endless loop?

If it is the "End of the world" there is nothing to actually worry about,

because there will be NOTHING for you TO BE SAVED FOR.

OK back to bed and go with the flow.

Edited by animatic

By the way did anybody notice the size of the sun last night around 5.30 as it was setting..?? Man that is the biggest sun I have ever seen in Chiang Mai ... It was a huge but I mean Huge round red ball.... I was driving West towards it and I couldn't believe my eyes... It set fairly quickly though and my sight was quite blurrish for about 5 minutes after it was finally behind the mountain. A little eerie it was ...

By the way did anybody notice the size of the sun last night around 5.30 as it was setting..?? Man that is the biggest sun I have ever seen in Chiang Mai ... It was a huge but I mean Huge round red ball.... I was driving West towards it and I couldn't believe my eyes... It set fairly quickly though and my sight was quite blurrish for about 5 minutes after it was finally behind the mountain. A little eerie it was ...

\

Oh, dam!

Our sun is different in Isaan.--w00t.gif

THE SAD FACT is that the authorities (in Thailand) have experts (Thai experts) who understand (the Thai experts understand) the stresses placed on such a structure and that it remains inherently safe and yet they can not explain (the Thai experts cannot explain) such to an uneducated population who believe in animism, have a belief in ghosts and all associated gibberish.

What compounds the problem is they actually vent time and effort on this rubbish.

If morons believe in the end of the world let them jibber jabber it to themselves - not to those of us who have heard of science and deal in facts.

Last weekend one of my wifes friends was jabbering on with certainty about how the world was due to end next week.

She only shut up when I offered to buy her rather nice house for a million baht.

Where can you find a nice house for a million?

I would assume that being "the END of the world" the situation should be classed as "hopeless".

I should think the situation should be classed as ludicrous and total crap.rolleyes.gifcheesy.gif

You can get that at any temple matey

THE SAD FACT is that the authorities (in Thailand) have experts (Thai experts) who understand (the Thai experts understand) the stresses placed on such a structure and that it remains inherently safe and yet they can not explain (the Thai experts cannot explain) such to an uneducated population who believe in animism, have a belief in ghosts and all associated gibberish.

Last weekend one of my wifes friends was jabbering on with certainty about how the world was due to end next week.

She only shut up when I offered to buy her rather nice house for a million baht.

Where can you find a nice house for a million?

In a fire sale before the end of the world perhaps.

Chalerm has the matter in hand, and will sort it out within three months. cheesy.gif