Heads Up For Tony's Members

tropo

A friend who paid 27K for a lifetime membership at Tony's 3 years ago can no longer train there because he lost his membership card and management claim to have no record of his membership or payment.

I bought a lifetime membership on the special promotion day (August 4), and when I went in to pick up my membership card about 4 days later they insisted on keeping the receipt when they handed over my card. I should have insisted that I keep it, but I didn't think much of it at the time.

I would suggest that all members photocopy their membership cards and keep the copy in a safe place. I don't know if it will be enough to get a new membership card if you lose yours, but it's worth having a record just in case.

Edited by tropo

I've saved a high definition scan of the back and front of my card so I could make a duplicate if need be and good enough to get by the disinterested front desk staff.

I think the new cards double as receipts because the price of the membership is typed on the front.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine used to train at Tony's regularly with his buddy. One day they walk in together as usual and after looking at their membership cards the staff tell them that they had just discovered that one of their staff had gone "rogue" and for a while had been issuing membership cards and keeping the money for himself. They just caught him. They then told my pal's training partner that his membership card was one that was issued by this "rogue" staff member and it therefore wasn't valid and if he wanted to train he would need to buy a new membership.

Bear in mind that the guy didn't buy a dodgy membership card from some guy at TukCom or whatever, when he joined he went into Tony's and filled out all details at the front desk with a Tony's employee, the same as every new member does I assume. He was understandably a little upset that Tony would accept no responsibility for the actions of his staff and wouldn't honour the membership and so both of them never went back again.

With this in mind, it doesn't surprise me that they are now pulling this stunt...

A couple of years ago a friend of mine used to train at Tony's regularly with his buddy. One day they walk in together as usual and after looking at their membership cards the staff tell them that they had just discovered that one of their staff had gone "rogue" and for a while had been issuing membership cards and keeping the money for himself. They just caught him. They then told my pal's training partner that his membership card was one that was issued by this "rogue" staff member and it therefore wasn't valid and if he wanted to train he would need to buy a new membership.

Bear in mind that the guy didn't buy a dodgy membership card from some guy at TukCom or whatever, when he joined he went into Tony's and filled out all details at the front desk with a Tony's employee, the same as every new member does I assume. He was understandably a little upset that Tony would accept no responsibility for the actions of his staff and wouldn't honour the membership and so both of them never went back again.

With this in mind, it doesn't surprise me that they are now pulling this stunt...

It's a pretty sad state of affairs.

Does Tony think that if he pulls these type of dirty deeds on people they will cough up money again? The damage he does to his reputation costs him a lot of money, but he can't quantify that.

He's pulling these stunts because he knows he can get away with it. I better not go on because I don't want them to pull this thread.

There's at least 1 truck going around today advertising Tony's next Lifetime Membership 1-day Special Promotion for 14,999 on January 16th. This, after they told everyone they weren't going to do it ever again after the last time which was only about 6 months ago.

never ever buy anything lifetime, it is a scam

That's very simplistic thinking. It depends how much you pay and how long you need it for. If Tony's stays open for 18 months I've done ok on my lifetime. California was good too - 3 years for 10k. What do you think about that?

There's at least 1 truck going around today advertising Tony's next Lifetime Membership 1-day Special Promotion for 14,999 on January 16th. This, after they told everyone they weren't going to do it ever again after the last time which was only about 6 months ago.

Just over 4 months ago actually - August 4.