What Were Your Favorite Top 10 Current Television Series In 2012?

Jingthing

Here's some fun end of year stuff.

The idea is to list what were your favorite top 10 CURRENT television series in 2012.

Now if you watched a series that was "new to you" but it was already cancelled by 2012, that doesn't count.

Current 2012 only.

Series only (not including documentary series).

BTW, personally I think we're in a kind of golden age of television but some on my list and other stuff I watch is more like guilty pleasures.

Some may have none, some may have one, some may have twenty, but please limit to ten.

If you happen to have some clear FAVORITES, point them out.

My list is all U.S. and U.K. stuff.

Here goes:

Homeland (favorite) USA

Boardwalk Empire USA

Girls (favorite) USA

Misfits UK

Friday Night Dinner UK

Fresh Meat UK

Modern Family USA

Louie (favorite) USA

Portlandia USA

Game of Thrones USA

What's on your list?

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Game of Thrones American?

I can't really imagine watching ten current TV series; I'll watch an episode of Game of Thrones to the end, and I've watched episodes of Rome, and Spartacus, and even True Blood, but I've never gone to the extent of finding out when they are on. The last series I actually made a point of watching was Spooks, back in 2010 in Dubai.

SC

Whilst not adding any value to the thread, I am quite pleased to say that have never seen (or heard of) any of the programmes listed above. smile.png

I find USA stuff similar to Thai stuff. w00t.gif

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Thai and US-bashing brigade arrived.

Edited by NewlyMintedThai
  • Like 1

Whilst not adding any value to the thread, I am quite pleased to say that have never seen (or heard of) any of the programmes listed above. smile.png

On BBC Entertainment, I must admit that I do try to watch George Gently, Wallander, Sherlock, Wire in the Blood and other British dramas. I'm not bias, but I just can't get into the American dramas or comedies.......wish I could. This is not bashing anyone, I just don't like them.

Edited by uptheos

My wife and daughter like Gray's Anatomy. I think that's current.

I find the Dr Who series that they're watching a bit far-fetched, and also very rushed. The current Doctor, who's name eludes me, looks younger than a policeman, as well, by the way

SC

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Thai and US-bashing brigade arrived.

You are totally wrong, BIG TIME.

I have the greatest admiration for my US cousins, but not for their television sorry. sad.png

• Like 1

I have the greatest admiration for my US cousins, but not for their television sorry. sad.png

Game of Thrones is good. I'd always imagined it was British, thanks to the accents.

SC

As bad as Thai television? Makes me wonder what you've been watching.

Actually, based on your "hobby", I would have expected you to be a big fan of "Steve Seagall: Lawman" and "Dog the Bounty Hunter".

• Like 1

Game of Thrones is a hugely popular in Britain, but alas an American product. I thought it was British too until I looked it up.

People who don't think there is super high quality USA tv these days (and before, for example The Sopranos, The Wire) are really missing something great (and as hinted at here have not even been exposed to the great stuff so really cheeky to judge something you know naught about). Your loss.

Curb Your Enthusiasm ended in 2011, didn't it? If not, it would be on my FAVORITES for sure!

Edited by Jingthing

Game of Thrones is a hugely popular in Britain, but also an American product.

People who don't think there is super high quality USA tv these days are really missing something great (and as hinted at here have not even been exposed to the great stuff so really cheeky to judge something you know naught about). Your loss.

Curb Your Enthusiasm ended in 2011, didn't it? If not, it would be on my FAVORITES for sure!

Sanford & Son and Archie Bunker were good.

I would have expected you to be a big fan of "Steve Seagall: Lawman" and "Dog the Bounty Hunter".

Steven Seagal ......just can't get into an overweight 60 year old taking on the terror of the tongs single handed.

I watched a newish Seagal film in bed the other night for 20 minutes,l reverted to my book that was near to being tossed over the wall in disappointment.

No contest: Breaking Bad, then Walking Dead.

Game of Thrones, Rome, Dexter were all excellent. Best series of all time -- The Wire.

I can't believe I forget Breaking Bad! Yes, absolutely tops!

Since I had 10 already, I'll have to dump Friday Night Dinner and replace with Breaking Bad USA (favorite!)

Edited by Jingthing

Game of Thrones, Rome, Dexter were all excellent. Best series of all time -- The Wire.

Since I had 10 already, I'll have to dump Friday Night Dinner and replace with Breaking Bad USA (favorite!)

Jinthing you're beginning to disappoint me, I thought you had a life. biggrin.png

• Like 2

Jinthing you're beginning to disappoint me, I thought you had a life. biggrin.png

I honestly cannot imagine where you got that impression. coffee1.gif