What Were Your Favorite Top 10 Current Television Series In 2012?

Jingthing

You might never get it then. I think perhaps most Americans wouldn't either.

Portland. The City the YOUNG go to retire!

BTW, Louie gets better and better. The latest season was classic.

I thought the city the young go to retire was funny.

The chicken scene though I thought was over played. As it was their first episode I will give them latitude on that.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have expected you to be a big fan of "Steve Seagall: Lawman" and "Dog the Bounty Hunter".

Steven Seagal ......just can't get into an overweight 60 year old taking on the terror of the tongs single handed.

Steven Seagal ........ the only man that can eat and meditate at the same time.

I watched and enjoyed

Boardwalk Empire (gangsters and prohibition)

Fringe (alien invasion from alternate reality)

Game of Thrones (fantasy swords and sorcery)

American Horror (house possessed by ghosts)

Death Valley (violent zombie comedy)

Last Resort (US nuke submarine mutinies)

Revolution (the future where an event removed electricity)

Supernatural (two brothers fight off the devil and his minions)

The Walking Dead (zombie apocalypse)

World Without End (historical medieval drama)

In no particular order.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new series that just

Getting a jump start on 2103:

And "The Following" premiers on Fox on Jan.21.

I just downloaded and watched the first episode of The Following with Kevin Bacon. This series has promise, and I hope it continues. Sort of Hannibal Lecter meets a male Clarice Starling.

And as a one off, check out last night's "Jimmy Kimmel Sucks", as the oft-bumped Matt Damon "took over" the show. Brilliant.

Just watched that, and it was amazing, mostly for the number of high-priced talent that agreed to do that "roast." I can only assume that ABC is pulling out all the stops to give Leno and Letterman and run for ratings now that Kimmel has changed time to compete directly with those old standbys. The show was very well written, and obviously well-rehearsed. We'll see if Kimmel can gain ground on the old dogs.

And as a one off, check out last night's "Jimmy Kimmel Sucks", as the oft-bumped Matt Damon "took over" the show. Brilliant.

Just watched that, and it was amazing, mostly for the number of high-priced talent that agreed to do that "roast." I can only assume that ABC is pulling out all the stops to give Leno and Letterman and run for ratings now that Kimmel has changed time to compete directly with those old standbys. The show was very well written, and obviously well-rehearsed. We'll see if Kimmel can gain ground on the old dogs.

I like Kimmel, very fresh and has a new take on old stuff. I would not piss on Leno if he was on fire.

Before I left the States 28 yrs ago or so I used to catch Letterman anytime he was covering for Carson (a legend) and he was a favorite after Carson retired. I remember laying in the hospital when I was 21/22, I had to have surgery on my right knee, blew it out in football. NBC paid Letterman a 10 million USD retainer even then to keep him going anywhere else. They actually put him in a 10 am to 11am show sort of like what he does now but more geared for housewives, layabouts and general drug dealers it seemed needless to say it did not last but while I was waiting for surgery and recuperating from the surgery he brightened my day.

"Boss" starring Kelsey Grammer is HIGHLY reccomended.Shows how sleasy big politicians and their aides can be.

I have watched Boss Season 1 & 2 and I thought it was great, too bad they just cancelled it a couplke fo months ago but very good while it lasted. I would rate it quite high on my list of recent shows but taking in to account Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire and a few others, not really sure it would make my top 10 but definitely top 15. It is being shown on HBO now and both season were available at Kat.

My take on latenite is this:

1. Leno rules in ratings because he appeals to a broad audience (lowest common denominator?).

2. Letterman is 2nd in ratings but richer than Leno because he is smarter and a better businessman (but honestly, his schtick is real old)

3. Kimmel is a Letterman wannbe, but is really closer to Leno in his mainstream appeal. He will probably win in the end because of this.

4. Jimmy Fallon is cutting edge, more talented than all the rest, and appeals to a younger audience. Where does he go in the future? who knows?

5. Conan? forgotten already.

6. Ferguson? Fuggetabout it. last runnerup, but has his moments.

I assume some of you rememer the mini series from the UK back in 1991 (season 1) and 1993 (season 2) with Ian Richardson, House of Cards. Great political based show from the UK and all of the skullduggery and back stabbing in UK politics? It was a great little UK series on the same level as Sherlock now, just great.

Kevin Spacey has revived a new take of the same show based on US politics, financied by Netflixs and being shown on there now. I have only read about it but have downloaded the first 7 shows for season 1 (Netflixs is releasing and showing all of season 1 all ont he same week). 1 through 7 are available on Kat now.

I assume some of you rememer the mini series from the UK back in 1991 (season 1) and 1993 (season 2) with Ian Richardson, House of Cards. Great political based show from the UK and all of the skullduggery and back stabbing in UK politics? It was a great little UK series on the same level as Sherlock now, just great.

Kevin Spacey has revived a new take of the same show based on US politics, financied by Netflixs and being shown on there now. I have only read about it but have downloaded the first 7 shows for season 1 (Netflixs is releasing and showing all of season 1 all ont he same week). 1 through 7 are available on Kat now.

Yeah, I just downloaded episodes 1 and 2 on piratebay. I won't be able to watch them until this weekend but sounds promising.

So at my current home we have a 42 and a 50 inch Plasma TV's that I bought about 10 years ago, the 50" is doing well but the 42" is on it's last legs and I am trying to make it last until I relocate to Thailand.

So being 10 yrs old they do not have the lastest and greatest technology but they are still rocking and since I had someone pickup a DVD player for me they did not buy the one I asked them to buy they bought the less expensive one which again only reads Avi files, no MP4 no MKV or anything other than avi's. So instead of waiting for someone to upload the lastest show I want in avi format I just download what is there and convert it. I use a very good and more than that "free" program called Freemake. Look it up they have several free programs that are very good.

Maybe some of you could explain to me all fo the interest and following of the different Zombie movies and TV shows now? I tried to watch them but.....

What's to explain? Walking Dead is definitely cool.

http://videosift.com...eason-2-Trailer

dam_n has the mythical Thai stick made it's way back to BKK, sorry, I just don't see it, unless I had a very large, mind numbing spiff.

I just finished episodes 1 & 2. The entire 13 episodes are available for download on piratebay. Excellent new series, high production values. Spacey is excellent as usual, and this show is all about high political intrigue in Washington. Political junkies will love it. More real than most of these D.C. political type series.

I just finished episodes 1 & 2. The entire 13 episodes are available for download on piratebay. Excellent new series, high production values. Spacey is excellent as usual, and this show is all about high political intrigue in Washington. Political junkies will love it. More real than most of these D.C. political type series.

I was up to 2:30 last night, watched the first 3 episodes, Spacey and his southern drawl is perfect for this role. He takes the meaning of manipulative to a whole new level. episode 3 had me laughing my ass off especially when he is standing in front of church congregation and discussing his father's death to the congregation one moment and directly to the camera audiance the next. .

Edited by Thailand Bound

I was up to 2:30 last night, watched the first 3 episodes, Spacey and his southern drawl is perfect for this role. He takes the meaning of manipulative to a whole new level. episode 3 had me laughing my ass off especially when he is standing in front of church congregation and discussing his father's death to the congregation one moment and directly to the camera audiance the next. .

I agree the "first person camera" technique, though not new, has been revived with perfection with Spacey. It's really enjoyable to watch, and you do find yourself chuckling at both the irony and the humor of what is supposed to be masters of the universe type power people.