Who Owns The Mega Mansion On Sukhumvit 101 ?

tinfoilhat

It is across form the Jesus school, has a small football pitch with goals and nets in the front yard and the grounds are strewn with garish "classical" statuary.

The house itself has kind of a white house thing going on, huge portico with columns and the like, though the structure seems to be clad in a grey granite.

It is the very personification of the triumph of money over taste.

So whose is it?

post-150703-0-99633100-1355924498_thumb.

Edited by tinfoilhat

It is the very personification of the triumph of money over taste.

So whose is it?

As we all know, Thais of wealth and taste have these on their premises,

post-39258-0-48585700-1355928351_thumb.j

If there are no chickens, no pseudo greco-roman columns and psychedelic colour schemes chances are it belongs to some HiSo wannabe farang or corrupt African tin pot dictator on the run.

You are the one projecting by implying the person is rich without taste and wanting to know (gossip) about who owns the property. Go knock on the door.

A fairly injudicious suggestion as the guards in the security hut would not let me within 200 meters of the door. I truly doubt such an approach would be welcome.

The house is out there on the main road for all to see, I would suspect the owners would welcome some speculation as they have made no attempts to discreetly tuck the house away behind a hedge or anything similar.

you can continue accusing me of jealousy, or even the need to gossip, but you are correct -- I am projecting -- I am projecting curiosity. I walked past the place last week and i could not have ignored it had i tried.

I have searched the innertube independently, i have asked friends and now i am asking people here.

you can turn this in to a pissing contest, if you wish but you have already bored me and i suspect you have no answer to my question even if you were in a position to be helpful.

so i bid you good day and leave you to speculate further on my motives while i live in hope that somebody out there may have an answer to my question.

Edited by tinfoilhat
  • Like 1

You are the one projecting by implying the person is rich without taste and wanting to know (gossip) about who owns the property. Go knock on the door.

A fairly injudicious suggestion as the guards in the security hut would not let me within 200 meters of the door. I truly doubt such an approach would be welcome.

The house is out there on the main road for all to see, I would suspect the owners would welcome some speculation as they have made no attempts to discreetly tuck the house away behind a hedge or anything similar.

you can continue accusing me of jealousy, or even the need to gossip, but you are correct -- I am projecting -- I am projecting curiosity. I walked past the place last week and i could not have ignored it had i tried.

I have searched the innertube independently, i have asked friends and now i am asking people here.

you can turn this in to a pissing contest, if you wish but you have already bored me and i suspect you have no answer to my question even if you were in a position to be helpful.

so i bid you good day and leave you to speculate further on my motives while i live in hope that somebody out there may have an answer to my question.

I believe a gentleman by the name of Wayne Kerr resides there.

I have been told he is in the hand lotion industry.

OP, you really need to get out more.

But seriously, if you are that curious, it belongs to the owner of the ex-Oriflame building on Asok Montri (now know as 253 Asoke). I know because I was invited to his last year's NY party, being his anchor tenant.

But seriously, if you are that curious, it belongs to the owner of the ex-Oriflame building on Asok Montri (now know as 253 Asoke). I know because I was invited to his last year's NY party, being his anchor tenant.

thanks, for the half answer.

i had no idea simple curiosity was looked down on so heavily.

Unfortunately, had i stayed home, i would not have seen the house.

it is unfortunate that i make my living at home

perhaps i should abandon the child sleeping upstairs and head out for a drink.

Edited by tinfoilhat
  • Like 1

+1 brigade TFH

I bet the posters taking the mick here haven't got a family to look after, boll@@ks to them.

Its apparent that heading out for that drink would make you a "TV Real Man" and not some sad ole git............ reminds me of school.

Edited by rattler

nah, probably because of this statement

"It is the very personification of the triumph of money over taste."

w00t.gif

which somehow led people to believe you might be jealous

cheesy.gif

the only thing it should have led you to believe was that i had an opinion.

One should not make too many assumptions regarding the psyche of others based on a single post.

As an example, your use of emoticons in the post above may well lead myself and others to believe you are thick, but, unlikely as it seems, that may be an incorrect assumption.

Edited by tinfoilhat