Imac 27 Inches 2012 Somebody Have Seen One Already In Thailand?

ludo34

Hi,

I've seen already the 21,5 inches in Istudio, 1 week after the US release but now they have started to ship the 27 inches and the first buyers have received them from 1 week in US and Europe. I 've gone to see 2 days ago to the shop, but nobody can say when it will arrive....3/4 weeks, they said. Maybe. So answer to this post, if you have see it somewhere in Thailand shops....

iStudio has a habit of giving out delivery dates that are way after the Apple online store. I am not sure it's incompetence (and it's actually going to come within the same time frame as from the Apple store) or if they're actually getting things later. But just to be on the safe side, I always end up ordering from the Apple online store.

When I asked for the iPad mini when it first came out, Apple online store Thailand had 2 weeks shipping. Random person at iStudio Chiang Mai told me "at least 1 month", with an exasperated look on his face. So online store it was....

• Like 1

Shipped already!

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz

16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X8GB

3TB Fusion Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Edited by Whale

Shipped already!

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz

16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X8GB

3TB Fusion Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

That's great news. I'm just about to order mine.

Did you guys ever try to use this link:

http://store.apple.com/th-k12/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac

That seems to be the only way to get a "VAT free" price as otherwise you can't claim VAT refund by an online purchase.

@whale @fredlk

Have you received your precious ?

It arrived in Bangkok the 29th and I couldn't wait any longer so I collected it myself from DHL on the 30th. It's great, BUT I spent a day looking for a fix and then 30 minutes on the phone to Apple about my IR (infrared) receiver and my remote control not working. It doesn't have an IR receiver! So I'm using the app HippoRemote on my iPhone and iPad which is just as good if not better.

many posts already had talked about the infrared receiver disappeared on new imac, and said the same : need to us the application on ipad or iphone.

I use remote on my ipad to control Itunes on my PC from everywhere in my condo (with apple airport connected on stereo). It's great....

Post a picture of your precious

Edited by ludo34

@whale @fredlk

Have you received your precious ?

It arrived in Bangkok the 29th and I couldn't wait any longer so I collected it myself from DHL on the 30th. It's great, BUT I spent a day looking for a fix and then 30 minutes on the phone to Apple about my IR (infrared) receiver and my remote control not working. It doesn't have an IR receiver! So I'm using the app HippoRemote on my iPhone and iPad which is just as good if not better.

Mine on the 29th also, it took DHL 1.5 days to get it from the factory in Shanghai to Bangkok.... BUT how long from Bangkok airport to my office? It arrived Friday afternoon at 3 pm on Jan 5th! Will open her up today.

Some fresh news from istudio.... I had gone a few times to the shop in Chiang Mai to ask when i will receive my imac 27 ordered on December 14th, and each time they said " we don't know..." . At the time of the order, they said 3/4 weeks.... 2 weeks later, 5/6 weeks.....at the begining of January, sure in January... and finally by phone, 1 week ago, we don't know maybe in February...

I went, yesterday to the shop, again, and for the first time, they called the head office in Bangkok to check my order. They answered, they don't know again when it will arrive, but i'm not alone in this case, some people make an order on November 30th and don't have it also. They don't receive any 27 inches at this time and a few 21 inches only...

But the good news was, that a boss of istudio went to Singapore to have a conference with apple team, to ask why is so long to get them...

The manager of istudio chiang mai, called me yesterday evening to report the news he had after the conference ... No news about the shipping of our precious but they still to try to find another way to get them.... New meeting in Singapore today to find this way...

Keep in touch

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif