Chili Versus Ginger - Ginger Wins

cooked

I have many a time had my taste buds devastated by overdoses of chili - I'm not complaining, I quite like chili really. I decided today to harvest some of our ginger plants and make candied ginger. Three hours work for 500 gm I think (plus 9 months cultivation). They refuse to touch it, all for me! Toooo spicey! Ha ha the Farangs revenge. It really does taste good, gets the sweat glands working, my stomach feels good.

My question: why does my family dislike it, why is it tooo spicy? Galling is that they just sniff at it and refuse to taste. Any other revenge recipes available?

• Like 1

Eating it, cooking meat. Ginger beer coming up next week or so, we really do have a lot of ginger.

Still puzzled by the raction of the Thais around me. We added a little salt for the second batch today, we will see....

• 2 weeks later...

Going off subject a little, I bought a really good red wine for a lady I know to celebrate her engagement. She first gagged and put ice in. Her boyfriend then put in a good dollop of sugar. It remained untouched. I'm probably missing the point here somehow.

• 2 months later...

hi all i brought my thai bil to australia before and one night the wife cooked steak and i like to put hot english mustard on mine (thick) well he copied me and when he ate some you should of seen his face it also took his breath away took him 20 min to recover

so like the ginger it just maybe that they dont like? rgds russell