Where To Buy Alcohol-Free Beer?

nima

Beer is both enjoyable and healthy, since I don't drink alcohol I need only non-alcoholic beers. I used to drink Bavaria brewery back home which was 100% alcohol free and I loved it.

Does anyone know a place in BKK that sells this type of beer to buy a few boxes?

Various supermarkets carry it, have seen it in Big C and Tesco, helps if you can read German because its German alcohol free beer I have seen.

TIT, they tax the shit out of it, it was about 140 baht for a small bottle, same price as alcoholic German beer.

• Like 1

Thanks. Anyone knows how to say non-alcoholic beer in Thai? rolleyes.gif

Various supermarkets carry it, have seen it in Big C and Tesco, helps if you can read German because its German alcohol free beer I have seen.

TIT, they tax the shit out of it, it was about 140 baht for a small bottle, same price as alcoholic German beer.

I'll look into it this time I go to a supermarket. I can read a little German, but I think that won't be necessary as they put 0.0% in front.

No wonder why it's pricey, I hope I can find local beers as I will purchase regularly.

I've never heard of or seen a local THAI beer with no alcohol.. Probably kind of counterproductive from the typical Thai drinker's point of view.

However, as posted above, there are various imported non alcoholic beers available in the farang supermarkets around Bangkok, at least. Even the German ones clearly have labels indicating no alcohol. The markets in Central World and Central Chidlom both carry non-alcoholic beers as well... usually bottles. And the price seems to me to be 100+ baht per bottle.

Seen 2 or 3 different alcohol free beer at Big C extra, no idea about origin, but at 50-60 Baht a 330 cc bottle if i recall correctly.

As you will have noticed already, it wasn't a good idea to include " alcohol-free " in the topic title.

TV members not interested in that subject. biggrin.png

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

I don't know. Are there places where you can shower without water?

Wait, don't answer that.

Beer is brewed from malted barley, hops, yeast and water. You don't think that it's made from alcohol, right? It is mixed with it after its original process is done.

Seen 2 or 3 different alcohol free beer at Big C extra, no idea about origin, but at 50-60 Baht a 330 cc bottle if i recall correctly.

As you will have noticed already, it wasn't a good idea to include " alcohol-free " in the topic title.

TV members not interested in that subject. biggrin.png

Thanks for the info smile.png , I'm going there in the morning, hopefully I will get a hold of one.

At least I would get more relevant replies.. thumbsup.gif

Wait, don't answer that.

Beer is brewed from malted barley, hops, yeast and water. You don't think that it's made from alcohol, right? It is mixed with it after its original process is done.

He he he - FAIL

Wait, don't answer that.

Somebody should tell that to the brewers in Saudi, heres me for all those years thought it was made with 8 cases of Buckler, 10kgs of sugar, some yeast, and about 40 liters of water, throw the lot into a 100 litre plastic bin, and wait for about 2 weeks.

After its finished brewing bottle and leave for about 1 month before drinking.

Never saw any alcohol added at any time, its the mixture that turns it into alcohol, water sugar and yeast, same as making a mash for distilling, as in sid.

Alcohol free beer?! But surely that defies the whole point? Mind. Blown. blink.png

No. The point of drinking beer is the taste (at least for me). Sometimes I enjoy the alcohol, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I simply have to drive but would still like to have a beer with my friends. I absolutely like the invention of alcohol-free beer.

• Like 1

Does anyone here know about how the calories in these non-alcoholic beers compare with the regular beers?

Unrelated, I'd think. But I once had a "diet beer", which was supposed to have less calories.

The definition of "light beer" is not clear: Some brewers use that term for beer with less alcohol, others use it for beer with lower calories. Some even try to tell us that it tastes good.

• Like 1

Out and around today, I noticed 330 ml bottles of the German beer Krombacher in their alcohol free variety... about 85 baht at Big C Radjadamri and 82 baht at Foodland. Never tried it, so don't have an opinion one way or another.

post-58284-0-30895500-1357556699_thumb.j

But as for the comment above about why drink beer if not for the alcohol, I don't mind the alcohol, but really, if I want to drink a Guinness, I'm doing it for the taste... not to get buzzed.

• Like 1