Cocktails

Jai Dee

Well, I think I've finally cracked it !!!

For years now, I've been making Long Island Iced Tea's... and I'm happy to say... everyone I've ever mixed one for has enjoyed it.

:D

But... tonight... I've made a discovery that I'd like to share with all of you.... something that makes the LIIT soooooo much nicer... :o

Here is my recipe:

1 measure (15 ml) (let's call 'em J... for jiggers) of Absolut Vodka

1 J of White Rum

1 J of Tequila

1 J of Scotch Whisky

1 J of Bombay Gin

1 J of Triple Sec

and... (the secret ingredient) 1 J of Captain Morgan's Rum.

Before you start shaking this mix up in the stainless steel cocktail shaker, boil some water and dissolve 3 tablespoons (not teaspoons) of white sugar into a cup of boiling water.

Pour all the alcohol (as listed above) into the cocktail shaker, add half the cup of sugery water, along with a couple of ice cubes... and shake the living shit out of it until the ice has nearly melted.

Pour the mix into a cocktail glass until it is 2/3 full... add 3 cubes of ice... then fill to the brim with Coke. Stir with a swizzle stick and serve.

That's my favourite mix... what's yours?

When I was on a Kibbutz in Isreal we used to make up cocktails with whatever we could pinch from the kitchens. A favourite was something called Yoffi Coffee. It was a big pan of milk mixed with coffee, sugar, vanilla and vodka. It was very nice and got you very drunk.

The other cocktail was a big 5 gallon bucket that you added about a litre and a half of pure alcohol (well it was 95%) You then added all the fruit you could get your hands on - then as much juice as you could buy with money collected from anyone who wanted to drink it. Then, you add sugar until the mix stopped tasting foul. It would give you a worse headache than Beer Chang. I still shudder when I remember the feeling now :o

One thing I have tried to make is a good iced coffe - I grudge paying starbucks. I think the secret is using Carnation Milk instead of regular milk.

Well, I think I've finally cracked it !!!

For years now, I've been making Long Island Iced Tea's... and I'm happy to say... everyone I've ever mixed one for has enjoyed it.

:D

But... tonight... I've made a discovery that I'd like to share with all of you.... something that makes the LIIT soooooo much nicer... :o

Here is my recipe:

1 measure (15 ml) (let's call 'em J... for jiggers) of Absolut Vodka

1 J of White Rum

1 J of Tequila

1 J of Scotch Whisky

1 J of Bombay Gin

1 J of Triple Sec

and... (the secret ingredient) 1 J of Captain Morgan's Rum.

Before you start shaking this mix up in the stainless steel cocktail shaker, boil some water and dissolve 3 tablespoons (not teaspoons) of white sugar into a cup of boiling water.

Pour all the alcohol (as listed above) into the cocktail shaker, add half the cup of sugery water, along with a couple of ice cubes... and shake the living shit out of it until the ice has nearly melted.

Pour the mix into a cocktail glass until it is 2/3 full... add 3 cubes of ice... then fill to the brim with Coke. Stir with a swizzle stick and serve.

That's my favourite mix... what's yours?

This sounds realy sickly, is it???

SPITFIRE........................shot of Barcardi, shot of Gin, shot Vodka, shot of white tequila, shot of any other white spirits in the bar, topped up with fresh orange juice. We used to drink it in a night bar in Nahariya in Northern Israel, I introduced it to Peter the Fishermans Bar in Pattaya when he was on 3 road, hence the Spitfire that always hung in the bar. Passed by his place on Thursday and saw he had finally closed. Anyone know where he's gone?

Edited by lampard10

water glass full of ice...fill to half with vodka...fill half of remaining volume with soda then top up with grapefruit juice.

This is OK anywhere but in Thailand...no grapefruit juice available, also in Suphan there's no vodka 'cept at Lotus-Tescos...haveta make do with Sangsom and Sprite...it's enuf to make one quit drinkin'...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

water glass full of ice...fill to half with vodka...fill half of remaining volume with soda then top up with grapefruit juice.

This is OK anywhere but in Thailand...no grapefruit juice available, also in Suphan there's no vodka 'cept at Lotus-Tescos...haveta make do with Sangsom and Sprite...it's enuf to make one quit drinkin'...

Cheer up, tutsi...

Develop a taste for Mekong/Cola?

Edited by Boon Mee

Cheer up, tutsi...

never tried Mekong...someone said that it rots yer guts...

That's another thing I sell that's not available in Thailand...Grapefruit juice. Get mine from Friendship.

That's another thing I sell that's not available in Thailand...Grapefruit juice. Get mine from Friendship.

I found grapefruit juice at Foodland Soi 5 once, then went back later and they no longer carried it...has anyone seen fresh grapefruit in Thailand? (ah gots me a squeezer...)

Cheer up, tutsi...

never tried Mekong...someone said that it rots yer guts...

You're thinking of Law Kaaw.

Been drinking Mekong fer years and no problems yet.

Don't do that !

Im sure you can find a grapefruit somewhere in Thailand :o