3 Days Before Christmas Why So Quiet!

ThaiTrav

A lot of the Girls regulars are over for Christmas so they are already spoken for for the 2 weeks of their Dahlings visit. The reason for 2000 baht fines is simple economics, if the bar fines are lowered there will be no girls therefore no customers.

Before most of the bar fine goes to the owner/manager, has this changed?

Why would you think that would change?

The barfine that is paid nearly entirely goes to the bar to compensate them for their employee leaving work. The monies negotiated for the time of the BG are completely a separate issue and not being discussed here. It's the bars that have kicked up the price for the 24-25th (so the sign said) as they need to do what they can to keep more girls in the bar to entertain the customers.

As for girls going home for xmas... that's a complete laugh. Anyone who has been told that by a BG obviously has lost out on her time to one of her regulars that arrived for the high season.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A lot of the Girls regulars are over for Christmas so they are already spoken for for the 2 weeks of their Dahlings visit. The reason for 2000 baht fines is simple economics, if the bar fines are lowered there will be no girls therefore no customers.

The barfine that is paid nearly entirely goes to the bar to compensate them for their employee leaving work. The monies negotiated for the time of the BG are completely a separate issue and not being discussed here. It's the bars that have kicked up the price for the 24-25th (so the sign said) as they need to do what they can to keep more girls in the bar to entertain the customers.

As for girls going home for xmas... that's a complete laugh. Anyone who has been told that by a BG obviously has lost out on her time to one of her regulars that arrived for the high season.

Would have thought higher bar fine pricing would lead to less customers?

Edited by simple1

Would have thought higher bar fine pricing would lead to less customers, not more?

Less customers removing girls from the bar. If there are no girls in the bar, that leads to less customers coming in to drink. It's selling drinks that the bar makes the most of its money from.

• Like 1

From a previous post:

Was out in the bars on WS tonight and there was no shortage of customers. Many bars has signs up that the bar fines were 2000thb and yet there still seemed to be a shortage of girls. Someone's still paying.

I think that is a typo do you mean 200 Baht?

From a previous post:

Was out in the bars on WS tonight and there was no shortage of customers. Many bars has signs up that the bar fines were 2000thb and yet there still seemed to be a shortage of girls. Someone's still paying.

No.. I meant 2000thb (two thousand thai baht)

Why would the bars reduce the BF for the busiest time of year?

Edited by Jayman

Would have thought higher bar fine pricing would lead to less customers, not more?

Less customers removing girls from the bar. If there are no girls in the bar, that leads to less customers coming in to drink. It's selling drinks that the bar makes the most of its money from.

It's Thai logic and a way of doing poor business

Here's what happens

People keep putting the drink prices up and up and the customers become less and less or buy less and less so to compensate they increase the barfine because customers were taking girls after maybe one drink, it's a vicious circle of a business and business model going down the toilet run by people that either haven't got a clue or they are forced to do it buy the Mafia that run walking street - comply or we'll shut you down - this is allowing other areas in Pattaya to thrive - while the famous walking street becomes just that - a walking street of lookers not spenders - I gota laugh at that (sorry) LMFAO

Oh and Jayman I've been here for 9 years I know the score, a lot of the girls I know are at home right now with their families until the newyear

From a previous post:

because they have no clue and are pricing themselves out of the market - very simple

• Like 1

It's Thai logic and a way of doing poor business

Here's what happens

People keep putting the drink prices up and up and the customers become less and less or buy less and less so to compensate they increase the barfine because customers were taking girls after maybe one drink, it's a vicious circle of a business and business model going down the toilet run by people that either haven't got a clue or they are forced to do it buy the Mafia that run walking street - comply or we'll shut you down - this is allowing other areas in Pattaya to thrive - while the famous walking street becomes just that - a walking street of lookers not spenders - I gota laugh at that (sorry) LMFAO

Oh and Jayman I've been here for 9 years I know the score, a lot of the girls I know are at home right now with their families until the newyear

Oh yeah I'm sure.. they don't want to miss out on the visit from Santa Clause

Need I remind you that the Thai New Year is called Songkran and that is when thais traditionally go home to their families as well as why the songkran in Pattaya is celebrated at a different time as the rest of the country to accommodate all the workers to go home for the TRUE Songrkran with their families while being here to work when all the drunk foreigners think it's time to throw water around.

Edited by Jayman

Oh Hail Smedly the great oracle has spoken......

Knowing the owner of 3 Go Go bars (European ) his rationale for the high bar fine is exactly as Jayman and I described.

why thank you for the kind words - you have been blessed by the great one :) I treat all the same even A'holes lol

From a previous post:

WOW 2000 Baht BF. What are they expecting for LT?

I am not short of a few bob but I would not even consider that before the action..

Each to their own remember you are not losing your girl just your turn when you walk away from daft prices like that in asia.

Edited by maprao

From a previous post:

WOW 2000 Baht BF. What are they expecting for LT?

I am not short of a few bob but I would not even consider that before the action..

Each to their own remember you are not losing your girl just your turn when you walk away from daft prices like that in asia.

The 2000thb bf only covers taking the girl outside of the bar. What she wants for her time, be it st or lt is not even being discussed here. I am talking about what is written on the walls in the bar itself stating the fee to remove a BG from the bar.

Need I remind you that the Thai New Year is called Songkran

Thais celebrate Western New Year, Chinese New Year and Thai New Year (Songkran). They like to partry.

Do they? In Pattaya they celebrate anytime there's a excuse for a party, but what about in the provinces?

Need I remind you that the Thai New Year is called Songkran

Thais celebrate Western New Year, Chinese New Year and Thai New Year (Songkran). They like to partry.

Do they? In Pattaya they celebrate anytime there's a excuse for a party, but what about in the provinces?

In the provinces they sure celebrate western new year a s well, since their year changes at the same time.

Look at the construction workers, they all go home for new year.

OK I will amend it;

WOW 2000 Baht BF.

I am not short of a few bob but I would not even consider that to take her out of the bar.

Each to their own remember you are not losing your girl turn in removing her from the bar just your turn at taking her out of the bar now.

She will be there next month and the month after.

Walk away from daft prices like that in asia.

Boils down to this; Patts used to be cheaper than Bkk. It was worth going there for the weekend.

Now? Why go there?

Nasty place, too many girls, not enuf men, prices up, and service down.

So what has the place got to offer?

Personally too many girls and not enuf men is fine for me but i suppose it depends what you are looking for.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

OK I will amend it;

WOW 2000 Baht BF.

I am not short of a few bob but I would not even consider that to take her out of the bar.

Each to their own remember you are not losing your girl turn in removing her from the bar just your turn at taking her out of the bar now.

People will not walk away from these prices, that's why they charge them.

These girls are not interested in the likes of you this time of year and will not miss you one bit...and can you blame them? They tourists with loaded wallets this time of year.

Edited by tropo

Boils down to this; Patts used to be cheaper than Bkk. It was worth going there for the weekend.

Now? Why go there?

The girls are starting to realize their worth perhaps?

Time for you to head for Cambodia, or anywhere else they'll service you for $20.

Now? Why go there?

Time for you to head for Cambodia, or anywhere else they'll service you for $20.

Thais are very good in overrating themselves, not ?

Now? Why go there?

Well, all I can suggest is that you ask one in your home country how much and decide who's overrating themselves.

Now? Why go there?

Well, all I can suggest is that you ask one in your home country how much and decide who's overrating themselves.

To be honest, if I came here solely for the working Thai girls, it would be much more economic in my home country. Edited by jbrain

OK I will amend it;

WOW 2000 Baht BF.

People will not walk away from these prices, that's why they charge them.

These girls are not interested in the likes of you this time of year and will not miss you one bit...and can you blame them? They tourists with loaded wallets this time of year.

I think that you need to research my previous posts before passing judgement on my spending habits and whether people would miss me or not. I think the likes of me will be missed. As this is on a personal level I will bow out now. However if you should stumble across any of my posts from several years ago.during my mongering days.....nuffsaid.wai2.gif

Spending it on a voluntary basis is very different to being fleeced.

Edited by maprao

I've noticed that there are more elderly couples here now, than before,

together with all the Russian speaking tourists who are mainly families or

couples also.

The sex tourists are slowly in decline, not surprising when you look at the

prices for a night out in the tourist areas.

So where have the so called sex tourists moved to I wonder?

Is it safe to start going out again yet? I've started viewing the Christmas and New Year period a bit like Songkran, keep my head down for a week or 10 days until the madness is over!

Is it safe to start going out again yet? I've started viewing the Christmas and New Year period a bit like Songkran, keep my head down for a week or 10 days until the madness is over!

Remind us why you live in Pattaya again?

I mean, I dislike the extra traffic, people, and general chaos that the major holidays bring as much as anyone but come on, for New Years and Songkkran, I can get in the party spirit.