3 Days Before Christmas Why So Quiet!

ThaiTrav

Is it me or what 2 nights out on the town ,heaps of traffic but only a handful of punters in the Bars and streets . Surely this is not normal for this time of year! Never really seen it like this ! But they have been so busy building infrustructure and condos everywhere ? Is it that the people who come here are more spread out over larger areas now making everything seem and appear quiet and dull. I see rooms lots and lots of , mostly empty some as cheap as 400baht /night This is High season Right. No smiles in fact seems like the gloss is gone ,even the Go Go bars the selection quite ord and usual punters looking as bored and pissed as usual. Has this town lost its market ? Does it know who its trying to attract? Lets face it ,Its not really that cheap anymore , Its certainly still not a family orientated destination , The sex chaser now is not really cated for unless of course he has deep pockets and is partially blind, the beaches dirty ,mabey I,m getting old and over it ! Wheres the excitement?????Wheres the Action ????? Where have the people gone?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the hot girls are sponsored or hanging out with a young 2 week bilionaire tattoo bloke in ibar... too much demand and not enough supply, that is what is happening.. walk around soi 7/8, how many stunners left in the bars ? bah.gif

I've noticed that there are more elderly couples here now, than before,

together with all the Russian speaking tourists who are mainly families or

couples also.

The sex tourists are slowly in decline, not surprising when you look at the

prices for a night out in the tourist areas.

I've noticed that there are more elderly couples here now, than before,

together with all the Russian speaking tourists who are mainly families or

couples also.

The sex tourists are slowly in decline, not surprising when you look at the

prices for a night out in the tourist areas.

Barfine 500baht Soi Bukouw !!

I noticed how quiet it is as well and the Christmas and new years weeks are supposedly the peak of the high season. The stores, restos, and roads don't seem much more crowded than usual (don't really go to the bars much so can't comment on them). These still seems to be allot of building of all types going on around town (condos, hotels, bar complexes, retail) so I must think there is still demand...I guess from the Russian, Chinese, and Indian markets.

I have had the misfortune to be in Central Mall twice this week and it was packed, as previously stated mainly older couples and Russian families I believe the numbers are here but the demographic is slowly but surely changing.

• Like 1

Over the last couple of weeks my building has completely filled up with Russians and French and who-knows-what else, mostly couples of a certain age and families. I'm fairly sure that they never go to bars or discos, but they do fill up the bahtbuses going to/from Jomtien/Pattaya, and the shops and restaurants around town seem to be busy enough.

I was in Pattaya a couple of weeks ago, the place was packed, tourists everywhere, the mrs says Central was heaving.

The bars looked pretty full to me, in the Sailor bar it was stand outside and wait for a seat.

We read the same crap Pattaya is dying, its nothing of the sort, Pattaya is moving onwards and upwards, yes there will be collateral damage along the way, for that read CC's.

Pattaya offers value for money in terms of, hotels, restaurants & food, beer and drinks, and company should you desire. this value for money is nowhere to be found in the region, in fact if Pattaya was so crap why do people fly in from all over the world?

Are the women in Brazil really so bad Brazillians feel the need to come here.

If you want poxy wank jazz music, you are in the wrong town, try Thong Lor in Bkk.

something in your post above actually hit the nail firmly on the head (sailor bar), although i seldom drink there myself it speaks very loud the fact that it's packed and also further down soi 8 on the corner, Pattaya is very busy at the moment, what I think is happening is the prime tourist areas are taking a hit because they've priced themselves out of the market - been saying it for a while now - a lot of the popular areas from past times just got too greedy and people are letting them know, the only problem is that if you are unfortunate to have invested in a bar in one of these areas then you are stuck with it along with the prices as there is price fixing taking place, imagine buying a business and not being able to set your own prices without fear of ending up in the tide

Edited by smedly
  • Like 2

Gloom-and-doomers, I said it first:

Definitely a lot more tourists around town now. Almost ran over 5 yesterday.

It's started.

Before our gloom-and-doom brigade rush to their yearly DYING PATTAYA obituaries, let me preempt and save you the trouble: it's gonna be the worst high season ever; nobody will make any money and businesses all over town will close; all the hotels will be empty; no condos, i.e., "concrete coffins," will be sold; this is the last nail in the coffin.

There.

I've been in Pattaya for 10 years and one of the reasons I don't go out much is the old time music from the 60's and 70's in so many of the bars... Its like being locked in a time warp. The Blues Factory is one exception (that I know of). Yes, yes, I know about the discos, but I don't want to go out dancing with a walker (aluminium.)

• Like 2

Lets go out for a good time .......Where???Every Gogo bar so so sad ......whats new besides the prices and Barfines for a new LOWER standard,its same old decor as 10 year ago or if not a carbon copy of the joint next door and the music ...oh God help us.... the music ,how long do we have to put up with beated racket or the same old recycled shit they,ve been playing decades ago, girls are bored off their tits its written all over their faces and body language some of the least attractive line up I,ve ever seen and wow can't even sway some of the crap played hasn't even got a beat ,you couldn't even move to some of the noise let alone dance to it . You would think by now that the owners particularly since most of the go go owners are farang would have tapped into the various new sources of great dance tunes available and many that dance stations play around the globe.Its all available . I mean what a big difference it would make if the majority of the tracks were actually great tunes and played at sensible clean non distorted levels ,sure big ask . You know you would feel good about staying and drinking cause your enjoying your time.I reckon the girls too would enjoy groovin to something new too happy patrons Ok so you don't like mod dance tunes, Theres Mod jazz a go go plays latest jazz tracks , you can still get your recycled shit from the 60's 70's and 80's a go go .Theres even great remixes of 60,s tunes if that was their target market , Create variety and themesand difference than carbon copy the same shithole next door .The girls could fancy dress or Fantasy Dress ,Skitts could be done to Tom Jones or Dean Martins remix ,bit of comedy or send up to the ol tunes fun and laughter ,free finger food snacks.. why have to make a whole messy pig!!..its not rocket science!!! Go go bars could be a real fun night experience out!,,,I mean if only thats your thing or .... or....or ,,,,ok God help lets just keep the same old bullshit crap thats played everywhere and make no effort ,force the near dead ol punters to continue to smoke and slurp on overpriced ales sit bored and watch bored It is contagious and and wonder why no one really wants to be in or spend money or much of in these holes least for very long anyway ,besides customers like us .....Who needs em ! Why don't they come,Why don't they stay ? Where are they?

Is it a case of the powers to be of these establishments don't know that they don't know??? or is that being too kind hey this is only one idea ....mabey outside street cleaners could be next but thats another story ,, .,,, thanks guys for reading my post least I get to blow a little steam on here but enjoy everyones say I think I,m over Pattaya and its time for a move on ,nothing will change least soon if at all. Thai Visa news states Tourists numbers are up

+1 , mostly....

I've been in Pattaya for 10 years and one of the reasons I don't go out much is the old time music from the 60's and 70's in so many of the bars... Its like being locked in a time warp. The Blues Factory is one exception (that I know of). Yes, yes, I know about the discos, but I don't want to go out dancing with a walker (aluminium.)

I've been looking for 60's and 70's music bars in Pattaya for ages. And now you say most of them play that music.

I've been looking for 60's and 70's music bars in Pattaya for ages. And now you say most of them play that music.

A place that I regularly go to for breakfast seems to have been playing the same CD (just the one) for about 20 years, every morning. Mantovani and Sleepy Lagoon etc.

My breakfast would not taste the same without it.

• Like 1

You can say that again - I wonder how many times, each night, Hotel California is played in Pattaya ?

• Like 1

That's the sort of place i like to go to for decent music. You like to listen to "music" from the 2000s ?

• Like 2

That's the sort of place i like to go to for decent music. You like to listen to "music" from the 2000s ?

Personally I prefer Leos Blues bar

I was in Pattaya a couple of weeks ago, the place was packed, tourists everywhere, the mrs says Central was heaving.

The bars looked pretty full to me, in the Sailor bar it was stand outside and wait for a seat.

We read the same crap Pattaya is dying, its nothing of the sort, Pattaya is moving onwards and upwards, yes there will be collateral damage along the way, for that read CC's.

Pattaya offers value for money in terms of, hotels, restaurants & food, beer and drinks, and company should you desire. this value for money is nowhere to be found in the region, in fact if Pattaya was so crap why do people fly in from all over the world?

Are the women in Brazil really so bad Brazillians feel the need to come here.

If you want poxy wank jazz music, you are in the wrong town, try Thong Lor in Bkk.

something in your post above actually hit the nail firmly on the head (sailor bar), although i seldom drink there myself it speaks very loud the fact that it's packed and also further down soi 8 on the corner, Pattaya is very busy at the moment, what I think is happening is the prime tourist areas are taking a hit because they've priced themselves out of the market - been saying it for a while now - a lot of the popular areas from past times just got too greedy and people are letting them know, the only problem is that if you are unfortunate to have invested in a bar in one of these areas then you are stuck with it along with the prices as there is price fixing taking place, imagine buying a business and not being able to set your own prices without fear of ending up in the tide

Personally I think what is killing these places is the rents they are paying, WS IMHO is for tourists.

There are also a lot of dark dingy sois that are so uninviting I pass them by, many of the bars in them are the same.

You obviously know the area, why is We Are The World bar always busy late afternoon early evening, as is the Star bar round the corner, yet bars across the road lie empty?

For another poster questioning the veracity of what I said about the Sailor bar, its only an observation on my part.

That bar has been there for years, I know its easy to knock the place, its patrons and staff, but it must be doing something right.

Go early evening, the last of the afternoon drinkers are still drinking or leaving, the early evening diners are starting to arrive, another busy time is about 9 in the evening, the afternoon session people have left, the early evening diners are starting to leave and head out on the town, about the same time those that have been on the piss since early afternoon elsewhere are starting to arrive for a nose bag before going to bed, at the same time the night owls are in for a few cocktails before heading off elsewhere.

Personally I dont think its rocket science, a simple excell spreadsheet and some what if scenarios should give an indication of how many beers a day you will need to sell just to break even, sadly for many the numbers dont stack up.

Lets say rent and expenses, 90k per month, thats 3k clear profit per day you need just to break even.

If the Wonderful bar by the Lek hotel can sell beers for 50 baht and stay in business its possible, give the public what they want.

I have seen it too often where guys by a bar and spruce it up into the kind of bar they want to drink in, sadly others dont share their point of view.

I like no hassle bars, cant be doing with places where the girls have a my shit dont stink attitude and pester me for overpriced lady drinks, I leave these places to the 2 week millionaires.

Better value to be found on Soi LK.

Just remembered another popular bar in the soi 7 area, Paddy bar, another place thats doing something right.