Nice Ocean Location For Older Couple

vagabond48

My wife's Chinese parents are visiting us in Chiang Mai for a month in February 2013. She wants to take them to either an island or a pleasant coast beach town for 5 to 7 days. They love nice fresh sea food. The beach must be clean. They are in their mid 70's and are used to Kunming China weather which is dry with high summer temperature's in the mid 20 Celsius.They're not very active but enjoy walking. Since I am footing the bill I would like to keep the cost of a clean and comfortable room to 700 to 1000B a day per room, if possible. Since we are coming from Chiang Mai, I would prefer to minimize the amount of traveling.

With all the above wish list, does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Maybe they would like Cha-am, it's famous for its fresh sea food and you can walk along the beach (5 km long). Accomodation is affordable, weather is not too humid. Not sure about beach cleanliness as I hardly ever go these days. Week-ends are busy, so if they need a quiet place you could look further down south, like Bang Saphan or Ban Krut, as mentioned above. The further south you go, the nicer the beaches are.

Two places i can think of.

Chantaburi and Ban Krut. Both lovely, clean beaches, fresh seafood, pretty 'flat' so easy for walking or yes bicycling.

Chantaburi even has a nice touristic route which was a little 'unreal' the first time i saw it because it had excellent roads, and had a more European feel of cleanliness and attention to details like rest areas, bicycles paths lighting etc.

Not very common in Thailand.

• Like 1