Graffiti

phuketsub

I guess it was inevitable the way the island is going..this one is all over Phuket Town.

Probably just high-school kids, but I hate to see graffiti anywhere in Phuket.

Does anyone have a clue/idea who might be behind this one?

post-40708-0-17097000-1356274996_thumb.j

I'm happy to see well done graffitis which remind us for basic values of life. Not so happy to see idiotic 'Look mama, I just made everybody to see how I can destroy what other people build' paintings.

I'm happy to see well done graffitis which remind us for basic values of life. Not so happy to see idiotic 'Look mama, I just made everybody to see how I can destroy what other people build' paintings.

For me a basic value of life is not vandalizing or destroying public property. Graffiti is a slippery slope: do we want this place to look like LA?

Edited by phuketsub
  • Like 1

For me a basic value of life is not vandalizing or destroying public property. Graffiti is a slippery slope: do we want this place to look like LA?

I don't know how LA looks nowdays. Phuket is not as ugly city as for example Bangkok is.

Still here is lot's of gray wall, which would be nicer if there would be some color and maybe painting with ideas.

I don't know how LA looks nowdays. Phuket is not as ugly city as for example Bangkok is.

Still here is lot's of gray wall, which would be nicer if there would be some color and maybe painting with ideas.

They even 'tag' (put graffiti on) rocks and trees in LA now...listen to the Adam Carolla podcast when he rants about it...classic

Quite the same graffiti. What's the meaning of this meme?

This was on the Central Festival overpass where they are digging the hole.

post-58566-0-20890200-1356749970_thumb.j

Looks a little like Mickey Mouse with a bad hangover

I think they are trying to combine the scariest of images (skull) with the cutest (Mickey Mouse)...Who knows what the point is really. Anyway, they are all over the place now...If they put one up on Khao Toh Seh or on a building on Thalang Road ( etc.) I'll be baying for blood. With all the video cameras up everywhere the cops could probably put a stop to it...if they were so inclined.

Google deadmau5

After googling I don't think it is directly related to deadmau5..the only thing the images have in common are the MM ears...

• Like 1

Google deadmau5

After googling I don't think it is directly related to deadmau5..the only thing the images have in common are the MM ears...

Hit images, not web.

Many different variations

Google deadmau5

Hit images, not web.

Many different variations

I did visit Google Images, but none of the images there had much resemblance to the images I see around town apart from the mouse ears; certainly no skull-like features below the nose. I think I might go out with my own can of spraypaint some night soon and draw Groucho Marx glasses and mustaches on a few of them then gauge the reaction...or would that make me as bad as the people I have complaining about?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the latest installment, in sticker form at the main entrance to SuperCheap.

Very cute. I don't see that as graffiti tongue.png

I'll bet you would if you found one on the side of your house!

Perhaps we need a new word like 'stickerfitti' to describe it.

I did visit Google Images, but none of the images there had much resemblance to the images I see around town apart from the mouse ears; certainly no skull-like features below the nose. I think I might go out with my own can of spraypaint some night soon and draw Groucho Marx glasses and mustaches on a few of them then gauge the reaction...or would that make me as bad as the people I have complaining about?

You just have to add something that would be considered sexually offensive.. and wait for 2 days to see all of those to be removed.

• 2 weeks later...

the street artist responsible for this meme is named bon. he's from bangkok, and an actual artist who has been commissioned all over SE ASIA. you can find his work all over phuket - in nai harn, he painted the old concrete building near the lagoon with a fish, on thalang road in town, just near soi rommanee, he painted a bird, he's got a bunch of stuff scattered around kathu as well. if you are familiar with the bodega guest house in patong, he painted the entire second floor. i'm proud to say he's painted my kitchen chairs and my shoes; i've known him for nearly 3 years.

if you would be interested in seeing his work, not complaining about it, you can search him on facebook under mue bon.

• Like 1

the street artist responsible for this meme is named bon. he's from bangkok, and an actual artist who has been commissioned all over SE ASIA. you can find his work all over phuket - in nai harn, he painted the old concrete building near the lagoon with a fish, on thalang road in town, just near soi rommanee, he painted a bird, he's got a bunch of stuff scattered around kathu as well. if you are familiar with the bodega guest house in patong, he painted the entire second floor. i'm proud to say he's painted my kitchen chairs and my shoes; i've known him for nearly 3 years.

if you would be interested in seeing his work, not complaining about it, you can search him on facebook under mue bon.

I doubt this "street artist" resorts to poorly stenciled images...I'd say someone is imitating his work, because it sucks.

But a "street artist" painting shoes and kitchen chairs? I wonder if Banksy ever did that?

• 1 month later...