If Thailand Was A Christian Country...........

theblether

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you crib note that reply for me?

Ahem....don't be so lazy, get some Protestant Work Ethic about you!!!! tongue.png

An excellent post! I have learnt some fascinating facts that I was not aware of.

If, in a year or two, I am spouting these facts back to you as my own I apologise.

• Like 1

-snip- ...Buddhism is just one facet among many of the same untruth.

We were all there and we all saw it and know it to be untrue. If our mind and our experience can't "conceive" it, then it can't be true. If it isn't seen in our finite minds and within our finite lives and by us personally, it doesn't exist.

How limiting that is.

Please, please please... I beg anyone to tell me which is the perfect (Christian) country?

As they are are perfect & forgiving I know for sure I can walk in there anytime and live a perfect, peaceful life there after with the lovely citizens there,

Amen.

-snip- ...Buddhism is just one facet among many of the same untruth.

We were all there and we all saw it and know it to be untrue. If our mind and our experience can't "conceive" it, then it can't be true. If it isn't seen in our finite minds and within our finite lives and by us personally, it doesn't exist.

How limiting that is.

We don't live in a Universe governed by absolute knowledge, we live in a Universe governed by statistics. Trying to fight this would result in various degrees of chaos, knowledge would not exist for a start. There would be mechanism to stop people believing in anything and everything, all of the time. If it's raining and you go out you will get wet, can you or anyone prove this? No you can't. You may consider this limiting, I consider it liberating.

If Thailand were Muslim, would it be any worse?

For that matter, would I have gone for a holiday the first time round?...hmm.

Sorry, back to the op, Not sure, but I love the monks, Id miss all their monkness if they werent there. My little orange mates.

Edited by krisb

If Thailand were Muslim, would it be any worse?

For that matter, would I have gone for a holiday the first time round?...hmm.

Sorry, back to the op, Not sure, but I love the monks, Id miss all their monkness if they werent there. My little orange mates.

If Thailand was controlled by Muslims they would probably set out to destroy every place of worship that was not a mosque once the islamists gain control, remember the ancient Buddha statues in Afghanistan? Christians on the other hand do not normally set out to destroy other places of worship just because they don't like it, they might try to convert the people who go there, and if successful encourage them not to return to thier previous place of worship, and Christians will not threaten the life of any who return to thier previous faith. If Thailand were Christian they would also emphasise the need to obey the law, and as previously mentioned in this thread there are those who go against the law, just because there is one rotten apple on the tree you don't condemn the whole tree. So if Thailand was Christian there would be more compassion, more obedience toward the law, a greater respect for life (all among those who are faithful to the teachings of Jesus), because the Bible teaches that you only get one life, one chance to get it right, not multiple re births.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App