Spark

mogandave

Us Brits call a manual trans a gearbox, an auto trans an automatic. smile.png

And being very clever we British put the steering wheel on the correct side of the car biggrin.png

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Are British drivers mostly left handed too? I'm a right handed person and find that it's easier to change gears,operate the hand brake,or radio controls with my right hand...of course can do it with the other,but why? biggrin.png ...so I'm not sure about this correct side...wink.png

It goes with driving on the left, so steering on the right. Its an old throwback from jousting and horse-back sword fighting. Most people are right handed which means you would want your opponent approaching you on your right!

• Like 1

In Oz if it was a manual transmission (or gearbox) it wasn't relative to the model to any degree although there was a Standard and a Special with different trim. Being a Holden fan myself, I vaguely remember up till the HQ model (1972) everything was manual transmission with automatic as optional......but auto was only introduced with the EK model (1862).

In Oz if it was a manual transmission (or gearbox) it wasn't relative to the model to any degree although there was a Standard and a Special with different trim. Being a Holden fan myself, I vaguely remember up till the HQ model (1972) everything was manual transmission with automatic as optional......but auto was only introduced with the EK model (1862).

What sort of horses did they have before 1862 then?beatdeadhorse.gifbiggrin.png

What sort of horses did they have before 1862 then?beatdeadhorse.gifbiggrin.png

Let me rephrase that '1962'. thumbsup.gif

It goes with driving on the left, so steering on the right. Its an old throwback from jousting and horse-back sword fighting. Most people are right handed which means you would want your opponent approaching you on your right!

''In days of old when Knights were bold'', if you were left handed you were stuffed. BUT, the lance was held in the left hand whistling.gif ..................smile.png