Irish Tourist 'bottled' Within 24 Hours On Phuket

webfact

Irish tourist 'bottled' within 24 hours on Phuket

Phuket Gazette

bo.jpg

Police believe the man who attacked Irish tourist Trevor Newwolm lives or works in the Soi Bangla area. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: -- Patong Police are trying to identify the culprit who split open an Irishman’s head with a bottle within 24 hours of the tourist landing in Phuket.

Lt Col Jongserm Preecha told the Phuket Gazette that the incident occurred at about 1:30am yesterday.

“By the time we arrived at the scene, in front of The Pizza Company restaurant on Soi Bangla, a large crowd had already gathered. Mr Trevor Newwolm, 31, had been hit on the head with a liquor bottle by an unknown man. His attacker had already fled,” he added.

After having his head wrapped with bandages, Mr Newwolm was taken to Patong Hospital.

“We could not question him since he was really drunk when he was hit,” Col Jongserm said.

Mr Trevor arrived in Phuket on December 23 and planned to celebrate his New Year in Patong. After checking in at the Patcharin Guesthouse, he went out for dinner and drinks, the officer explained.

“We have yet to determine what might have instigated the attack. It may have been a simple argument,” Col Jongserm said.

“We are now searching for the man who hit Mr Newwolm. We believe that he lives or works in the Soi Bangla area,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...uket-19794.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-12-25

Drunk tourist gets into fight. Hold the front page. Hardly news though is it. Happens the world over every day.

Here it still is news worthy, so that is a very good sign, despite what people might say or think.

• Like 2

Drunk tourist gets into fight. Hold the front page. Hardly news though is it. Happens the world over every day.

Here it still is news worthy, so that is a very good sign, despite what people might say or think.

Not really.

Must have been a slow news day.

It happen a lot .Just not reported.

"Newwolm"

If that's his name, I'll eat my hat!

2nd W could be a H, and than it could be enamating from Sweden where Ny is same as new and the familyname consrquently should read NYHOLM..... Pappa swedish and mama irish.....??? or what??

glegolo

Give it a break.Drunken brawls happens everywhere in the world.This is not news at all coffee1.gif ...................

What a totally idiotic reply? I take it you find this sort of thing quite acceptable...I dont i find it unacceptable in any tourist resort in Thailand

Edited by PoorSucker
qoute fixed...
  • Like 1

Give it a break.Drunken brawls happens everywhere in the world.This is not news at all

What a totally idiotic reply? I take it you find this sort of thing quite acceptable...I dont i find it unacceptable in any tourist resort in Thailand

You don't find it unacceptable in any tourist resort in Thailand? Well, I do.
  • Like 1

Welcome to Thailand !!! Look's like one pissed up mouth peace bumped into another and this is the result .This guy is probably more upset he didn't get the bottle in first rather than not having any trouble at all .. What do we expect when these are the sort of tourist that thailand is now aiming at . This type of drunken brawls are becoming all to often in the so called Land of Smiles !!! Very Sad !!!

Wow... excellent piece of divination. Crime solved Of course you had some clues... everyone knows that him being an Irishman, he was obviously spoiling for a fight from the moment he landed. It is not possible that he was a peaceful drunk who was attacked without provocation.

By the way, this is not the sort of tourist Thailand is aiming at. The TAT policy is to promote to Russians, Chinese and Middle Easterners.

Wow... excellent piece of divination. Crime solved Of course you had some clues... everyone knows that him being an Irishman, he was obviously spoiling for a fight from the moment he landed. It is not possible that he was a peaceful drunk who was attacked without provocation.

By the way, this is not the sort of tourist Thailand is aiming at. The TAT policy is to promote to Russians, Chinese and Middle Easterners.

Well looking at the main clue i.e the picture does say a lot . Pissed up holiday maker stood in the middle of the street with blood squirting out of his head smiling for photos .. Just an average night out !!

And do people really walk around smacking peaceful drunks over the head with bottles with out provocation .In what i wrote could of been referring to the attacker been the sort of people that Thailand is attracting ..

As far as being from Ireland doesn't make much difference but in saying that you don't read many report of things like this happing to Chinese tourist on a night out in Thailand do we ..

Welcome to Thailand !!! Look's like one pissed up mouth peace bumped into another and this is the result .This guy is probably more upset he didn't get the bottle in first rather than not having any trouble at all .. What do we expect when these are the sort of tourist that thailand is now aiming at . This type of drunken brawls are becoming all to often in the so called Land of Smiles !!! Very Sad !!!

I'm waiting for someone to claim this sort of thing would/could never have happened to him in his home country.