Transfering Money To Australia

Hello All

What would be the easiest way to transfer money to an Australian bank account from Thailand. I have a work permit and I have easy access to Bangkok Bank and Siam Commercial. I am not talking about a lot of money. Maybe 20 or 30 thousand baht a few times a year. I have to start paying off a credit card with St George. Any ideas??

Merry Christmas

If you send it to your own account in Australia, you can just T/T and declare it as Savings. Maximum amount allowed per year by Bank of Thailand is the salary you declare for income tax.

I've done that often via BBL and SCB.

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

What's the actual limit for a max. transfer? For instance, you never wired your money out of the country and you've been receiving salary of 100K per month for last 3 years, so it means you can transfer a max of 100K x 36 months = 3,600,000 THB? Or just for most recent year i.e. 100K x 12 = 1,200,000 THB ?

www.currencyonline.com

IMHO - the forex makes all the difference. Yesterday I exchanged $ 4,980 into GBP and the fee was $ 4.But for THB transaction, funds need to be prepaid.

I have checked and their rate for buying thai baht is the same as thai banks. So no savings on that front. Do they have a local thai bank account for us to transfer our THB to them? If they require us to wire the funds overseas, then it just kills the purpose of using them instead of thai banks as their will be no savings at all

If you send it to your own account in Australia, you can just T/T and declare it as Savings. Maximum amount allowed per year by Bank of Thailand is the salary you declare for income tax.

I've done that often via BBL and SCB.

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

What's the actual limit for a max. transfer? For instance, you never wired your money out of the country and you've been receiving salary of 100K per month for last 3 years, so it means you can transfer a max of 100K x 36 months = 3,600,000 THB? Or just for most recent year i.e. 100K x 12 = 1,200,000 THB ?

It starts new every calendar year.