Welcome To New Members - 2556/2013

Tywais

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi im new in Thailand. I'v been loving the life here so far. Few of my friends suggested me to sign up here to learn more abt Thailand from the expats who'v already lived here for some time.

I would like to know more about

- business opportunities in Thailand

- information on medical costs and insurance

- real estate

- social events

- investments

please direct me to the appropriate forums...

hope you all have have a great day.

Hi im new in Thailand. I'v been loving the life here so far. Few of my friends suggested me to sign up here to learn more abt Thailand from the expats who'v already lived here for some time.

I would like to know more about

- business opportunities in Thailand

- information on medical costs and insurance

- real estate

- social events

- investments

please direct me to the appropriate forums...

hope you all have have a great day.

Welcome.

The Search function in the top right corner is very handy, remember to select 'Forums' not just 'This Topic'

• Like 2

Hi All, my wife and I are moving to somewhere in South East Asia smile.png We've narrowed it down to 3 possibilities - Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand... We may float between all 3 for a couple years. Got about a 1000 questions. Hope to annoy some of you old hands in near future. This looks like a great forum..

cheers

Steve

Hi All, my wife and I are moving to somewhere in South East Asia smile.png We've narrowed it down to 3 possibilities - Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand...

Try them all and see which one suits you best would be my advice, but what do I know.

Hope to annoy some of you old hands in near future. This looks like a great forum..

It is.
btw, the quote function is completely screwed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i am new to Thailand, new to Chang Mai, and new to posting anything on a forum but got advice to look on this site and made a social gaff by asking a question via personal message. I am sure my daughter would have updated me on forum etiquette but, reason why i am here, I am currently living a life where the choice to spend time to learn new things I have gradually allowed to be edited out.

Cliche, older female here for solitude, working still full time, grabbed every bit of comp and vacation time and ran, but just had last child go to college, and two have significant special needs, so needed to recoup alone to grow into life, stage next. . .from Portland OR usa (pre last elections, would have been more reticent to add that)

Only here for a month, trying to get my feet under me (original question was where to find boots since i left mine at home on advice of experienced traveler but one who is younger) either i need good Teva's ( to date myself, as a raft guide in tennessee, i had a pair of the first sandals they made, still do but a bit chewed up by a dog) or some light boots. My runner's feet are not handling cheap sandals well.

Probably to long but at least here, readers can opt out i suppose.

Other questions, i really came to do a meditation retreat, same friend said no planning necessary, not sure but I'll try the bus up to Doi Suthep-Pui to visit Wat That Doi Suthep.

I am also seeking a recommendation for a good bicycle rental, and if the retreat doesn't work out, i am a mountain biker as well and would love to try it here, seems best to go guided, recommendations?

Peace,

Bernadette aka Barncat

Hi, i am new to Thailand, new to Chang Mai, and new to posting anything on a forum but got advice to look on this site and made a social gaff by asking a question via personal message. I am sure my daughter would have updated me on forum etiquette but, reason why i am here, I am currently living a life where the choice to spend time to learn new things I have gradually allowed to be edited out.

Cliche, older female here for solitude, working still full time, grabbed every bit of comp and vacation time and ran, but just had last child go to college, and two have significant special needs, so needed to recoup alone to grow into life, stage next. . .from Portland OR usa (pre last elections, would have been more reticent to add that)

Only here for a month, trying to get my feet under me (original question was where to find boots since i left mine at home on advice of experienced traveler but one who is younger) either i need good Teva's ( to date myself, as a raft guide in tennessee, i had a pair of the first sandals they made, still do but a bit chewed up by a dog) or some light boots. My runner's feet are not handling cheap sandals well.

Other questions, i really came to do a meditation retreat, same friend said no planning necessary, not sure but I'll try the bus up to Doi Suthep-Pui to visit Wat That Doi Suthep.

I am also seeking a recommendation for a good bicycle rental, and if the retreat doesn't work out, i am a mountain biker as well and would love to try it here, seems best to go guided, recommendations?

Peace,

Bernadette aka Barncat

Welcome to the forum! :)

You may find if you ask in your Local Forum section you get better answers....friendlier too. Sounds like Chiang Mai is the one for you.

Best wishes.

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 2

Sup
I'm 24, looking to move to thailand within a year.
im lookin for low cost simplistic living and low cost muay thai.
If someone would like to take me under their wing on how to do the most with the least amount of cash [Visas, MT camps, citys to live in, quiet areas i can record music] that would help tremendously.
Thx

Sup

If someone would like to take me under their wing on how to do the most with the least amount of cash [Visas, MT camps, citys to live in, quiet areas i can record music] that would help tremendously.

Thx

I am still looking sad.png but think l am toooooooooo old now. laugh.png BUT, welcomeani.gif

Morning all,

Have been a frequent visitor to LOS for over a decade now. Am on a number of forums with the same username and signature, and have met up with a lot of great people through these forums.

Settled in Melbourne, big fan of photography (Canon) and travelling...

Happy Easter everybody.

Red

Hello everyone! Okay, an introduction...I'm not good at this...well, let's just cut to the chase and say I've been considering moving to Thailand to live and work for quite a while now.

Oh, and I'm head over heels over a Thai girl I've met recently...that probably has a lot to do with the urgency to hop on a plane right away!

Anyway, enough about me..over to you!

welcome just remember one thing .....think with your good head first ,,, come and enjoy but be careful....

Morning all,

Have been a frequent visitor to LOS for over a decade now. Am on a number of forums with the same username and signature, and have met up with a lot of great people through these forums.

Settled in Melbourne, big fan of photography (Canon) and travelling...

Happy Easter everybody.

Red

ahhh Melbourne, in the wintertime ..miss it so much ..

Sup

Thx

I am still looking sad.png but think l am toooooooooo old now. laugh.png BUT, welcomeani.gif

at 24 you will not get the 12 month visa , just a tourist visa welcome , love living here.

Peace,

Bernadette aka Barncat

Welcome to the forum! smile.png

You may find if you ask in your Local Forum section you get better answers....friendlier too. Sounds like Chiang Mai is the one for you.

Best wishes.

look for the villagefarang web page . he is right into mountain biking in chiang rai

Hi everyone!

I've read the forums a little in the past, but registered pretty much just to say a big THANK YOU to the people who provide so much valuable info on here (even if most probably won't read this...). I personally really appreciate folk taking the time to post their experiences & knowledge.

My situation is that I've got a partner in Thailand who I've been together with for about 2 years. I've been 4 times for short trips on tourist visas, with the last being almost a year ago. My girlfriend came to Australia on two tourist visas in 2012 and was here for 6 months total. We had a ball and we're deeply in love smile.png She's a cook, runs a little restaurant in Krabi and is the sweetest girl I've ever met.

Now I've recently got a redundancy from my corporate job in Aus, and I'm about to head off for rest, travel and adventures in Asia. I'm planning to base myself in Thailand and do shortish trips to other countries to explore (combine visa runs with holidays in cambodia, laos, vietnam, japan, burma, phils etc).

My visa plans are a bit up in the air... I'm going to start off on a two-month tourist visa but hoping to continue with an ED visa after that. I'm genuinely wanting to take a shot at learning the Thai language, and would be doing classes even if it didn't have anything to do with a visa. So hoping that learning Thai and visas will just be a happy coincidence.

The only problem I see is that there aren't many language schools in Krabi so I won't have much to choose from. I'm a bit nervous about visas but hoping I can sort out the ED visa within the first few weeks when I get there. If anyone sees any big holes in my visa plans it would be appreciated if you give a heads-up as I'm flying out in one month smile.png

Sorry for the long rant and look forward to posting more.

This is not a rant. You expressed your feelings here and your honesty is profoundly appreciatedwai.gif .

Good luck on your venture. And I wish you the happiest of timessmile.png .

wish you all the luck in your new venture.

Hi all...

Another newb onboard with you now...

Looking to learn a bit and contribute some also here... looking to transplant myself from here to Thailand in the next few months... wonderful country and people... hope to a part of it all!

Hellow fellow board members,

As young as I am, I have been travelling to and from Thailand for 4 years in a row now.

The first time I set foot in the country I immediately fell in love with the sights around me, the friendly people, the amateuristic hassles and the lovely Thai food and women (I put women last to be a bit more subtle) .

Recently I have returned from a full year stay in Thailand, during which I did an exchange study at the ABAC university and an internship in EastWestSeed (market leader in hybrid vegetable seeds). For the moment, I am finishing my studies in the Netherlands, but I can't wait to travel to the LOS again.

This is my first post here, so I would like to greet all of you and am looking forward to share some useful experiences and fun stories with each other.

Best regards!

Shokdee Krub,

Etienne

• Like 1

Hellow fellow board members,

As young as I am, I have been travelling to and from Thailand for 4 years in a row now.

The first time I set foot in the country I immediately fell in love with the sights around me, the friendly people, the amateuristic hassles and the lovely Thai food and women (I put women last to be a bit more subtle) .

Recently I have returned from a full year stay in Thailand, during which I did an exchange study at the ABAC university and an internship in EastWestSeed (market leader in hybrid vegetable seeds). For the moment, I am finishing my studies in the Netherlands, but I can't wait to travel to the LOS again.

This is my first post here, so I would like to greet all of you and am looking forward to share some useful experiences and fun stories with each other.

Best regards!

Shokdee Krub,

Etienne

WELCOME TO THE LAND OF SMILES.