Where To Get Fingerprints Taken?

race87

I believe the police station on Huay Kaew road past the university on the way to Doi Suthep may be able to do it. Or possibly any of the major police stations. On the FBI website, you can download the fingerprint form, print it out on card stock and supply that to the police station.

Tywais: i believe the OP needs prints to be taken for an FBI check, not a "police station"... having done this myself (in USA), i know they will only accept FP cards from a certified service... basically like a notary service along with the FP taking... otherwise you could send in anyone's FP if you have something to hide...

My suggestion is to find out from FBI what foreign services that the FBI will accept/allow to take the prints then send those in...perhaps the US consulate knows?

Edited by zippydedodah

FBI Background Check From Thailand - If you're already in Thailand, the easiest way to get a criminal background check is to appear at the Royal Thai Police Headquarters on Rama I Road in downtown Bangkok. They'll take your fingerprints at no charge. You can then send them to the FBI.

Tywais: i believe the OP needs prints to be taken for an FBI check, not a "police station"... having done this myself (in USA), i know they will only accept FP cards from a certified service... basically like a notary service along with the FP taking... otherwise you could send in anyone's FP if you have something to hide...

My suggestion is to find out from FBI what foreign services that the FBI will accept/allow to take the prints then send those in...perhaps the US consulate knows?

I had my fingerprints done for the FBI background check a year ago and I know they're good for 18 months. Would you know if they would still have them on file and use from my previous background check?

FBI Background Check From Thailand - If you're already in Thailand, the easiest way to get a criminal background check is to appear at the Royal Thai Police Headquarters on Rama I Road in downtown Bangkok. They'll take your fingerprints at no charge. You can then send them to the FBI.

That's useful, but I'm not going to go all the way down to Bangkok to have my fingerprints taken.

It was also a requirement for applying for permanent residency and had checked into it sometime ago.

Individuals may NOT fingerprint themselves; fingerprints MUST be obtained from a law enforcement agency or through Accurate Biometrics, pursuant to the DO Requirements.

http://www.accuratebiometrics.com/fingerprinting_FBI_Procedures.html

FBI Fingerprint Card

Go to a major police station in your area.

. embassies and consulates do not provide this service. U.S. citizens can obtain a letter from the U.S. Consulate asking local police experts to take their fingerprints. There is a $50 fee for this letter. You need to make an appointment for notarial services to obtain it

http://barcelona.usconsulate.gov/citizen-services/other/police.html

• Like 1

It was also a requirement for applying for permanent residency and had checked into it sometime ago.

Individuals may NOT fingerprint themselves; fingerprints MUST be obtained from a law enforcement agency or through Accurate Biometrics, pursuant to the DO Requirements.

http://www.accurateb...Procedures.html

FBI Fingerprint Card

Go to a major police station in your area.

. embassies and consulates do not provide this service. U.S. citizens can obtain a letter from the U.S. Consulate asking local police experts to take their fingerprints. There is a $50 fee for this letter. You need to make an appointment for notarial services to obtain it

http://barcelona.usc...her/police.html

Thanks Tywais! The link for the blog is really helpful (as I am needing my FBI background check for my Korean E2 visa!).

I just had it done last month , I downloaded fingerprint form on reg. a4 paper made 2 of them brought them to police station asked nicely they did it for free. FBI processing took 5 weeks , filled out credit card form also . very easy. I also used EMS about 800. baht

I just had it done last month , I downloaded fingerprint form on reg. a4 paper made 2 of them brought them to police station asked nicely they did it for free. FBI processing took 5 weeks , filled out credit card form also . very easy. I also used EMS about 800. baht

Thaitom - Which police station did you use? I went to the one in the middle of the city today (near Prah Singh) and they said they couldn't do and told me to go to Mae Rim.