Street And Road Shots Anywhwere In Thailand!

samuijimmy

There has been a number of buildings in the village being moved on a site using this method.

Ron mate,that is mental! Makes me think of Egyptian times when I see them using rollers to move the house.

Reminds me of the stories about our Grandma's home in Kosum Phi Sai on the banks of the Chi river.I have been there on numerous occasions and every time

I go here I don't recognize it because it is always at a different height.The last time I was there a couple of months ago it had been raised by over a meter after slowly sinking over a period of time.I have heard rumors about a new fangled idea called foundations......am not sure if it will ever catch on though cheesy.gif

Cheers for posting those pics mate......seeing is definitely believing.

There has been a number of buildings in the village being moved on a site using this method.

Ron mate,that is mental! Makes me think of Egyptian times when I see them using rollers to move the house.

Reminds me of the stories about our Grandma's home in Kosum Phi Sai on the banks of the Chi river.I have been there on numerous occasions and every time

I go here I don't recognize it because it is always at a different height.The last time I was there a couple of months ago it had been raised by over a meter after slowly sinking over a period of time.I have heard rumors about a new fangled idea called foundations......am not sure if it will ever catch on though cheesy.gif

Cheers for posting those pics mate......seeing is definitely believing.

It's amazing and they dont take long at all though having said the large building in the wat took 2 or 3 weeks because of the size.With that one they did it a little different by jacking it up then installing tempory wooden pillars.Then moved it using the same method shown in my post and when it got to where it had to go,they then made new concrete pillars which were formed individually underneath where they had to go.

Amazing how many years the Tiger has been around! ^

Samui's new super highway ....thumbsup.gif (between Nathon and Hau Thanon ...)

Maenam%2Blamai%2BTemple-0886.jpg

Maenam%2Blamai%2BTemple-0887.jpg

Here some put tigers in other places than their tank for export.

started when I was young. These included the popular "Put a Tiger in Your Tank" advertising campaign and accompanying tiger mascot, introduced in 1959

Edited by harrry

Here some put tigers in other places than their tank for export.

started when I was young. These included the popular "Put a Tiger in Your Tank" advertising campaign and accompanying tiger mascot, introduced in 1959

In France it was the tail of the tiger; I remember but my father never went to ESSO - Standard Oil - for having one cheesy.gif

A beautiful klong, indeed ; maybe not a klong but a canal ...

About your photo I like to shoot the lamp post/(candelabra);

everywhere I go in Thailand they are very beautiful and u have one on your photo;

thanks KK smile.png

Surin - Isan

This one is for you, Monsieur Assurance

pour les memoirs

post-93078-0-48352800-1414896834_thumb.j

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Like 1

A beautiful klong, indeed ; maybe not a klong but a canal ...

About your photo I like to shoot the lamp post/(candelabra);

everywhere I go in Thailand they are very beautiful and u have one on your photo;

thanks KK smile.png

Surin - Isan

This one is for you, Monsieur Assurance

pour les memoirs

attachicon.gifParis 05 (Large).jpg

Place de la Concorde where is the obelisk of Louxor ; Thank U Klaus

( Obelix and Assurancetourix are living in the same little village ...cheesy.gif ) I will change the photo of my avatar .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_translations_of_Asterix

I passed there so many times with my bicycle ;

I was working in the night , so I had much time in the day for visiting the town - Paris - where I was living - 75020 and working , rue du Louvre -75001 ; 15 minutes to go working with my bicycle and no problem for finding a parking lot tongue.png

• Like 2