Street And Road Shots Anywhwere In Thailand!

samuijimmy

There has been a number of buildings in the village being moved on a site using this method.This one has been moved back 6 metres and now

they are working on jacking it up and then fill will be brought in to raise the pad by a metre to make it higher than the road. This makes me laugh

because I happened to be here 20 odd years ago when there were trucks running all day and night bringing in fill to make the road higher than

the surounding area including the houses.It's a bit like a dog chasing it's tail.clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

DSC02870.JPG

There is one of these under each upright and the boards run the whole length of the building under each row.Someone has to take the rear pipe

when it's free and put it to the front.

DSC02875.JPG

This is how the are moved (this image was taken on another job but the method is exactly the same) with men using chain blocks to either

push or pull or both.There was two buildings in the wat shifted using the same method and one of them was 30m by 20m and was moved

30m part of it up a slope to park it on the higher ground.

DSC02316.JPG

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

Amazing how many years the Tiger has been around! ^

Samui's new super highway ....thumbsup.gif (between Nathon and Hau Thanon ...)

Maenam%2Blamai%2BTemple-0886.jpg

Maenam%2Blamai%2BTemple-0887.jpg

I went to Samui twice or three times; a long time ago;

remember the roads were between bad and worse ...

But building roads on sand isn't in my humble opinion the best way to have good roads for a long time...

Maybe half a year and u have to repair it .

I went to many european countries when I was a trucker; I think that the best roads are in Italy;

I saw once they were made a new surface on a motorway; they were digging about 70 centimeters all the lane and finishing with more than 15 cm of enrobage .

Don't forget than in Italy they have "millipede trucks" 8 axles and often more than 120 tons ! They must be on motorways .

Here in Thailand, look at how they make roads...red ground , some sand , white ground, a little bit of gravel and 5 centimeters of asphalt ; then u have a motorway for a few months ...