Fatal Gunfire Erupts Outside Pattaya Soi 7 Go Go Bar

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that Thailand had gun-control. How can shootings take place when only the military and the police are to have firearms in LOS? It is supposed to be safer that way, isn't it?

Maybe the gentlemen involved were military or police, or maybe gun laws are enforced just like any other law in LOS?

I was just in Soi 8 an hour ago, I'll have to see what Soi 7 is like tonight. Police should have been there ASAP instead of booking farangs for no licence's on Beach Rd and Jomtien

Oh yes... there was a shooting in the next street. Let's go and have a look and see what that was all about shall we?

I thought that Thailand had gun-control. How can shootings take place when only the military and the police are to have firearms in LOS? It is supposed to be safer that way, isn't it?

Maybe the gentlemen involved were military or police, or maybe gun laws are enforced just like any other law in LOS?

Silver Star go-go chain being Thai owned , i believe , and most likely affiliated to ,or at least with a "working relationship " with to the BIB ,would more than likely have staff with access to firearms and a certain immunity that goes with the business .

Perhaps this the situation the NRA wants in the US. Everyone armed and the bad guy gets shot down immediately by everyone else.

Actually there are millions and millions of licenced guns in Thailand and even more unlicenced ones like the ones used by these punks. Relatively easy to get a life time permit to keep a gun at home but concealed carry permits that are renewable annually are difficult to obtain.

I was just in Soi 8 an hour ago, I'll have to see what Soi 7 is like tonight. Police should have been there ASAP instead of booking farangs for no licence's on Beach Rd and Jomtien

Oh yes... there was a shooting in the next street. Let's go and have a look and see what that was all about shall we?

By the looks of it he was there much later.

Edited by longstebe

So who were the other guys with guns that shot the guy 4 times while he was running away? Very strange that the news reports failed to give any details about them. How can a bystanding legally shoot someone in a crime that they weren't involved in? Why were they armed and were they legally carrying concealed weapons? Maybe they were police, military, high level mafia or very well connected HiSo's?

So who were the other guys with guns that shot the guy 4 times while he was running away? Very strange that the news reports failed to give any details about them. How can a bystanding legally shoot someone in a crime that they weren't involved in? Why were they armed and were they legally carrying concealed weapons? Maybe they were police, military, high level mafia or very well connected HiSo's?

Probably the reporters seeking an interview.

"A 23-year-old Thai man was fatally shot outside the Silver Star go go bar on soi 7. The victim may have been accidentally shot by the gunman, who apparently meant to kill his drinking companion. Others opened fire on the gunman as he ran down soi 7, wounding him seriously as he collapsed"

I'd never shot my drinking companion, even when he talks a lot of shit then.

Seems to be a very Happy New Year soon.--w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai

So there are lots of armed people lurking about ready for a gunfight...interesting and worrying.

If one is thinking of opening a bar in Pattaya may I suggest an authentic Saloon with swinging doors, Saloon girls in costume with an old guy playing the piano in the corner, it would make a mint.

Where would Gabby Haynes fit in? Who else could drive the stagecoach?

I remember watching a very old Western on late night steam powered TV. The film was so old that in the end Gabby got the girl. biggrin.png

• Like 2

Never got that exciting when it was the old Fawlty Towers wink.png

Ha ha! Yes i remember the soi back then, a very quiet Soi indeed. The place has changed so much over the years; pity really. Still, i find it strange that Thais would be drinking in Go Go bars that would usually be frequented by Farangs. I always thought they stuck to the snooker halls and such and stayed clear of farang joints.

CCFC1

So there are lots of armed people lurking about ready for a gunfight...interesting and worrying.

If one is thinking of opening a bar in Pattaya may I suggest an authentic Saloon with swinging doors, Saloon girls in costume with an old guy playing the piano in the corner, it would make a mint.

And to be truly authentic only serve shots of guplin' whiskey!

• Like 1

Are there really so many gun owners on the soi's in Pattaya, that a shoot out can take place? Just another day in paradise.

Im not sure it matters so much which Soi , the problem is the Guns . Unfortunately ( And this was never great ) , but it appears to have become a lot worse . The tourist basically has no idea about this stuff , and its really jst good luck that more have not been hurt .

The problem really is they have follwed the USA with more than just " hotmail " ..Too many would - be 's , getting more and more guns .

And Yes , for those who take girls from Pattaya , any part of it ..Be beyond careful , the danger has really hit a new level , and certainly has " unofficial " and possibly " Official " gun ownership rises , you can pretty much expect more fatal shootings .

What Odds will you give me for NO fatal shootings of any description prior to New Years ?? The element of danger was always " Be alert " .. but its moved well beyond this ..especially when this is happening at 5 pm , be Alert ..and make sure you Never stand out , would be my advice .

• Like 1

Never got that exciting when it was the old Fawlty Towers wink.png

Ha ha! Yes i remember the soi back then, a very quiet Soi indeed. The place has changed so much over the years; pity really. Still, i find it strange that Thais would be drinking in Go Go bars that would usually be frequented by Farangs. I always thought they stuck to the snooker halls and such and stayed clear of farang joints.

CCFC1

I think thats exactly correct , which is quite frigtening . Who would know what this was over ?? could even be really minor . Farang areas , thai never bothered frequenting .

It's hard to tell who got shot in that ridiculous summary, but it certainly is a worry that there so many armed people running around happy to start shooting over nothing of consequence other than a damaged ego... and it would seem these armed bandits are very young people.

The first instance where a guy was upset with someone in a bar and decided to go and shoot him - we've heard these stories many times before.... but the one where witnesses decided to pull out their guns and start shooting - that's the scary part.

So what does this story teach us about Pattaya? Don't upset anyone.

What's with the photo on the PDN site? It's just a smudged out blob of blood and some peoples lower legs???

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

What I find rather crazy is that the shootings now more and more taking place in broad day light with tons of witnesses.

The more police cracks down on illegal firearms the more frequent gun fights happen.

I think the times are misreported in the first article - the second one states 5am rather than 5pm.

so maybe it was sometime b/w 5pm and 5am or b/w 5am and 5 pm
  • Like 1

Where would Gabby Haynes fit in? Who else could drive the stagecoach?

I remember watching a very old Western on late night steam powered TV. The film was so old that in the end Gabby got the girl. biggrin.png

It couldn't have been Gabby who got the girl,an old man of about 80 with all that facial hair, unless of course, he was very rich. It's Gabby Hayes, Roy Rogers sidekick wer'e talking about here, isn't it?

Laws are for foreigners, not Thais. This is Thailand. Thais can choose which laws they prefer.