Pictures Of Your Homecountry Car That You Would Have Imported If You Could Have

submaniac

OK, let's see pictures of the cars you had in the home country. Your favorite car you have owned. The cars that you loved. The cars you would have shipped over to LOS if you would have been allowed to.

Edited by submaniac

nice very nice. Must have been rarer then hen's teeth back in the UK. And LHD in a RHD country must have had it's moments.

I worked on it for over 20 years. WAS part of me, went from a slug to a Ferrari and Lambo trouncer on the quarter mile, not bad for a Dinosaur eh. smile.png

I guess this one would not last long here...laugh.png

Ha, Ha I used to have an old one of these. After one snow fall all that was visible of the car and driveway were the two crome rails on the roof rack!

dodge-colt-wagon-01.jpg

I opened the front door and all i could see was the imprint of the front door in the snow, so I went back inside. Had to go out the back and fight my way to the road where I got a lift to work!

Reliable 2.6 litre four, performance Ok for what it was but no, I don't want to import one.laugh.png

Edited by VocalNeal

The last car I had before moving to Thailand was a Ford Probe 3.0 liter V6. 60% Mazda including engine and 40% Ford. 1st front wheel drive I owned and found them a bit tricky as when I would 'step on it' hard the steering wheel nearly jumped out of my hands. Wouldn't mind having it here but not practical. Photo of similar model and color I had before.

Ford_Probe_in_Autumn_part_13_by_psykomysik.jpg

• Like 1

I am a man of simple pleasures. This would do.

3944030001_large.jpg

Something a bit more radical?

0902gmhtp_02_z+all_wheel_drive_1991_gmc_syclone+straight_on_view.jpg

I'd probably end up with this.

1967Porsche912_01_700.jpg

But the truck is still? Well....cool.png

Ah yes a Shelby GLHS Omni, Dodges answer to the VW Golf GTI was a naughty little pocket rocket of the time.. Dating back same time frame, not recently I had a Shelby Dodge Daytona TurboZ I used to campaign in, won several championships in that car and learned more about driving then in any car since, but when the championship was in the bag early I rented a new Shelby Charger and ran in that, what a hoot! Performance couldn't be matched at the prices of the time let alone the fun factor..

My Shelby Daytona Turbo Z...

post-83221-0-05054500-1356673733_thumb.g

My new baby, 2004 6 speed with all the goodies and kicks ass, paid slightly more for it then I sold my 96 SEAT Cordoba back in Thailand. It's really great to be out of vanilla land and back to the modern world again..

post-83221-0-75634100-1356673780_thumb.j

Strange text regarding a gif at the bottom that doesn't show up on the preview so can't edit it and delete it blink.png ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Also left both of these behind sad.png ...

post-83221-0-29527100-1356674137_thumb.j post-83221-0-48357000-1356674194_thumb.j

My daily driver not nearly as exciting, your run of the mill 1999 royal blue, fully loaded VW Passat don't have photos readily available.

Rabbit's right front a bit bruised from a previous race but still managed a class pole, fastest lap, 2 wins and a new track record, all in all not a bad weekend..

Edited by WarpSpeed

The last car I had before moving to Thailand was a Ford Probe 3.0 liter V6. 60% Mazda including engine and 40% Ford. 1st front wheel drive I owned and found them a bit tricky as when I would 'step on it' hard the steering wheel nearly jumped out of my hands. Wouldn't mind having it here but not practical. Photo of similar model and color I had before.

Ford_Probe_in_Autumn_part_13_by_psykomysik.jpg

I used to have one exactly the same before I bought a boat in 1998.

The colour was great... it would change hue depending on where the sunlight hit it.

Great sound system too... my kids loved it.

Alas, I had to replace it with a V8 in order to tow the boat.

Click reply to this topic in the top right hand corner, not the box below.

Then either click the picture icon if for a web link or go to attach files for a picture of your own.

...or...'Reply to the topic'-'More Reply Options'-'Browse'-'Attach This File'-'Add Reply'...done

The colour was great... it would change hue depending on where the sunlight hit it.

Did yours have the automatic seat belts? Open the door and a motor in the door pulled them away. Close the door and they automatically wrap to you. Cute feature until you get your arms crossed wrong as they are closing. biggrin.png

Did yours have the automatic seat belts? Open the door and a motor in the door pulled them away. Close the door and they automatically wrap to you. Cute feature until you get your arms crossed wrong as they are closing. biggrin.png

No... perhaps only the American LHD version had them.

In Oz the RHD version only had the traditional inertia reel type.

This is sitting in a garage 12 years now awaiting my (increasingly unlikely) return.

1981 Turbo Trans Am. 4.9 litre turbocharged V-8.

I purchased it new in 1981 and held on to it while other vehicles came and went. I sort of hoped it would be part of my retirement package but it's probably worth about Bt. 600,000 - 750,000.

This picture was taken 6 years ago on a brief visit. Sitting 6 years already by then, but a battery charge and air in the tires and I drove it for 3 weeks with no problems. I think it would be a bit more of a problem after 6 more years of storage.