Thai Girlfriend With Uk Visa & Applying For Schengen Visa

Indeed, the document NoBrains has linked to is 10 years old; the regulations have changed since then; in 2011 if memory serves.

Although I believe that in exceptional circumstances it is still possible to apply in a country where one is not a resident; but it is not routine.

Edited by 7by7

thewaggaringa who has opend this Topic his girlfriend has a 6 months UK visa so she must considered be a member of his household, normaly you get only 90 days.

Totally wrong; the standard length for a UK visit visa, whether family or general, is 6 months.

You seem confused; the UK is not part of the Schengen area and Schengen rules are irrelevant when it comes to UK visas, and vice versa.

Read the link I provided earlier to the regulations and explanation of same. Having a child together may be acceptable evidence of a durable relationship, but the couple would still need to show that they are living together. A child would only reduce the length of time that they would need to have been doing so.

No im not confused as i see aswell 3 months UK visa's in the past , my wife got aswell a 6 months UK visa within the same day of application in Brussels ( im Dutch )

As said, a standard UK visit visa is valid for 6 months; it is also multi entry.

In exceptional circumstances either the term of the visa or the number of entries, or both, may be restricted.

Vat1.3 Visa validity - When to issue a single-entry visit visa

The ECO may also limit the leave granted in these types of cases by restricting the validity of the visa to less than six months. But the ECO needs to obtain the authority of the ECM and a brief note must be kept in the notes field of Proviso to explain the course of action and the name of the authorising ECM

Indeed, the document NoBrains has linked to is 10 years old; the regulations have changed since then; in 2011 if memory serves.

Although I believe that in exceptional circumstances it is still possible to apply in a country where one is not a resident; but it is not routine.

The regulation/instructions art 3 is not changed since 2002.

If newer rules/instructions apply the "Eurolex" link i gave will be updated immidiatly and old docs will be removed.

The Eurolex is direct Access to European Union (Schengen) law and current.

If 7By7 thinks its not current then put here in this topic the right regulations/instructions link from Eurolex.

I must admit that the memberstate embasseys and customs have a lack of knowing the rules and they get instructions todo so only to get the cash, Its a business machine to get as much money out of there Visa department but that's an other topic.

Please select a languageбългарски (bg)español (es)čeština (cs)dansk (da)Deutsch (de)eesti keel (et)ελληνικά (el)English (en)français (fr)Gaeilge (ga)italiano (it)latviešu valoda (lv)lietuvių kalba (lt)magyar (hu)Malti (mt)Nederlands (nl)polski (pl)português (pt)română (ro)slovenčina (sk)slovenščina (sl)suomi (fi)svenska (sv)

This thread is going wildly off topic, the OP has asked if his girlfriend, not his wife his girlfriend, who is visiting the UK, not resident in the UK just visiting, has to apply for a Schengen Visa for a trip to an unspecified in the Schengen Area in her country of residence, or can she do it whilst on holiday in the UK.

The OP has his answer, she is not a spouse and not resident in the UK, so has to apply in Thailand.

As the question has been answered, I'm closing the thread.

• Like 1