Suvarnabhumi Airport Most Popular Location 2012: Instagram

webfact

INSTAGRAM

Suvarnabhumi Airport most popular location 2012

The Nation

30196958-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Suvarnabhumi International Airport has beaten Disneyland, the Eiffel Tower and Times Square to be the most "Instagrammed'' location in the world for 2012.

More than 100,000 photos of Suvarnabhumi Airport in Thailand were taken this year with Instagram, the photo sharing app, making it No. 1 on Instagram’s top 10 most popular locations list revealed this morning.

Bangkok’s mega shopping mall Siam Paragon was a surprise second on the list, followed by Disneyland in Anaheim, California, and New York city icon Times Square.

Paris’ Eiffel Tower came eighth on the list, which also featured Los Angeles Airport and LA’s Santa Monica Pier.

Times Square in New York is the fourth most popular location on photo sharing app Instagram.

Lists of the top 10 Instagram locations of 2012:

1. Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) in Bangkok, Thailand

2. Siam Paragon shopping mall in Bangkok, Thailand

3. Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California

4. Times Square in New York City

5. AT&T Park in San Francisco

6. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

7. Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles

8. Eiffel Tower in Paris

9. Staples Center in Los Angeles

10. Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-28

people happy to be leaving that is why it is number 1.

Now, now don't be like that. Perhaps you have forgotten your first trip to Thailand, everything just seemed to be such a buzz. After reality sets in it is never quite the same, however I doubt all those photos were from jaded expats.

Swampy and Paragon. Just about sums up the sort that use Instagram to a tee I'd say.

The same people that post photos of EVERY meal they eat on Facebook (i.e. "where's that f***in unfriend button?")

Thais Love taking pictures of eveything, and every thai i know always post pictures of there Boarding Pass, Picture of the Plane , picture of themselves at least 5 times, and of course there dinner before they leave thailand on a plane

Then they upload to FB and add tags for every c... and his mother.

Swampy and Paragon. Just about sums up the sort that use Instagram to a tee I'd say.

The same people that post photos of EVERY meal they eat on Facebook (i.e. "where's that f***in unfriend button?")

Thais Love taking pictures of eveything, and every thai i know always post pictures of there Boarding Pass, Picture of the Plane , picture of themselves at least 5 times, and of course there dinner before they leave thailand on a plane

Then they upload to FB and add tags for every c... and his mother.

Don't they just. I have apparently been in Chiang Mai this week with the parents of one of my little girl's school friends! News to me as we have been at home in Nonthaburi for Christmas this year.

I have a question? Is there a competition in Thailand for the most "page likes" on Facebook? I manage the online presence of a small business in Bangplad, catering to foreigners. We have 36 "likers" on our page, all ex customers. Every day I remove and ban 2-3 Thai teenagers from liking our pages. When I do a bit of investigation (I don't want to ban a customer's other half) they always have 10,000+ page likes.