Bad Luck House

kennedy

I would like to buy a house a couple doors from me located at a T intersection (bad luck house). I figured I could pay the head monk from the temple to turn it into a good luck house. Now the wife has come up with about 10 different reasons why she doesn"t like the house.

Sometimes you just can't win in Thailand.

The location.

On a right hand bend,or T-junction.

Is apparently bad luck.

Well.... a right-hand bend is ALWAYS a left-hand bend when coming the other way, no?

The Houston mansion is right on the t-junction so I don't have ANY issues with inconsiderate drivers parking out front of my place.

Superstitious stuff of nonsense but in my experience, has been handy for negotiating prices DOWN.

• Like 1

Thanks, But nobody has told me anything I don't already know. Posted this just to let newbies know what problems they could run into.

Please keep the "family is going to screw you" out of it.

Have a nice day!

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 2

Find out, if somebody has died in the house recently. This would automatically make it a "Bad House". Those houses can usually be bougt 50% below value. Just explain to Wife/GF that by putting a little "Ghost-House" in the front yard and hiring at least 9 monks upon posession of the house. After that, it will no more be a "Bad-House". This is NOT a joke!

Cheers.

• Like 1

Thanks, But nobody has told me anything I don't already know. Posted this just to let newbies know what problems they could run into.

Have a nice day!

Not flaming, only advising that You are breaking the law and as you have quoted, you know this already.

Good luck.

My wife has often brought up property positions with bad feng shui . On a bend in the road , next to a bridge, on the wrong side of a mountain , something that is opposite , the house number , the list goes on..

Not being next to a bridge makes sense..... ther's enough evidence of the problem with bridges in Thaivisa whistling.gif

• Like 1

I'm actually sorry that I started this post. It's been alot of fun, until the ignorant know it all's showed up.

I could say more, but you are not worth my time.

Edited by metisdead
: Bold font removed again.
  • Like 1

My wife has often brought up property positions with bad feng shui . On a bend in the road , next to a bridge, on the wrong side of a mountain , something that is opposite , the house number , the list goes on..

WOW, your wife has bought, that must be first. whistling.gif .............clap2.gif ............smile.png

Find out, if somebody has died in the house recently. This would automatically make it a "Bad House". Those houses can usually be bougt 50% below value. Just explain to Wife/GF that by putting a little "Ghost-House" in the front yard and hiring at least 9 monks upon posession of the house. After that, it will no more be a "Bad-House". This is NOT a joke!

Cheers.

This is where you went wrong

• Like 1

Have a nice day!

Not flaming, only advising that You are breaking the law and as you have quoted, you know this already.

Good luck.

tiresome fellow you are

The location.

On a right hand bend,or T-junction.

Is apparently bad luck.

Well.... a right-hand bend is ALWAYS a left-hand bend when coming the other way, no?

The Houston mansion is right on the t-junction so I don't have ANY issues with inconsiderate drivers parking out front of my place.

Superstitious stuff of nonsense but in my experience, has been handy for negotiating prices DOWN.

Not if its a 1 way street.

I've had this bad luck crap

Me too. When I built my first hotel in Phuket in 2005, my wife insisted that the guest toilets were all facing in an unlucky direction....

Upside down??? whistling.gif

Nooooo, somebody else's room. smile.png

Geez Rob8891, first hotel in Phuket! as opposed to the others? How many are there?...So do Thai Visa members get mates rates?thumbsup.gif

I'm actually sorry that I started this post. It's been alot of fun, until the ignorant know it all's showed up.

I could say more, but you are not worth my time.

What did you expect from this thread?

Your wife is right. If the house has a bad reputation, don't buy it, it would be difficult to turn it in a good investment.

Your idea to invite a monk is a good one but I'm afraid it won't be enough. I would invite a reputed Fung Shui master, do according his advises but most important advertise the work done.

It doesn't sound very scientific but nobody contest the placebo effect even if it is difficult to explain it