Bad Luck House

kennedy

Remember this: The dead can do you no harm, it`s only the living that can hurt you.

I was brought up to believe, providing you are a decent honest person, than there is nothing to fear from the so-called super natural.

The only thing to fear, is fear it`s self, which is all in the mind. If anything bad is going to happen, than there is nothing a person can do about it, that`s called fate.

What will be, will be, no matter where you are.

• 2 weeks later...

Any bad luck locations (t junctions, beside temples, under bridge, etc) are considered bad investments.

I will advise u to buy in locations with better resale value.

its common sense, u won't be buying a house next to a cemetery back in farangland will u?

Any bad luck locations (t junctions, beside temples, under bridge, etc) are considered bad investments.

I will advise u to buy in locations with better resale value.

its common sense, u won't be buying a house next to a cemetery back in farangland will u?

Thats not especially true ...... if you were paying a price for something that was unlucky or in a bad location for the price as if it was not, that would be one thing , but if you are paying fair market value for being next to the cemetary for example you are going to sell it to the next guy for fair market value , it might be worth less money than in another location , it might take a little more time to sell , probabbly not because of the lower cost , but none the less you are not going to lose money by buying a lower priced place and selling it later just because the origional value of it is lower.

If you were paying the same price for the same thing and one was next to the sewer plant obviously you would buy the one thats not ...... but it doesn't work that way the one next to the sewer plant is less expensive and their is a market for less expensive property next to this that and the other bad thing just like their is a market for ones that are not. The ones next to the cemetary or the sewer plant also apprechate at the same rate as the rest of the property in a town believe it or not.

Buying a house to live in that the wife does not like, for whatever reason, will become a bad luck house. Happy wife, happy life.

This is a definate truism...

If you get the house without the wife onboard, then everything that ever goes wrong in your or her life she will surely atribute to this Bad Luck House...

So either need to get her on on board for real (not just "up to you"), or if not, then as silly as it sounds to believe in superstition, dont buy.

We bought a house at a T intersection, wife mentioned aobut the "Bad Luck" but she is not really the supersticious sort, so when I pointed out that as the front door faces the T-Intersection, it meant that would have a better breeze coming through the front door, better parking situation (no one directly across from our house)... she said sounds good to me.

Although problable helped that this was the last house of its size in the Mpo Baan and we both really liked the Moo Baan.

But if she had not, and stuck on the "Bad Luck" thing, would have likley bought in another Moo Baan.

Edited by CWMcMurray