Office Space In Pattaya

TexasToBangkok

Hi All,

Is it difficult to get office space in Pattaya. I had thought an opportunity was bringing me to Bangkok to run a company there, but the protracted negotiations look to be ending at last, but they are wanting to to some and set it up in Pattaya, which from what I can gather is south of Bangkok a couple of hours.

What are we going to be looking at to get office space for about 60 people, plus gear in that area, or what are the best local resources for that. Bangkok looked pretty straight forward from what I could gather, but clearly, Pattaya is not a big place so office space may be more expensive and harder to get for all I know at present as well as housing for our foreign contingent I would assume, but am less fussed about apartments than a place to work.

Also, from experience, is it likely going to be hard to get Thai nationals to move from Bangkok to Pattaya to work? We will be doing animation and visual effects work, so those are the kind of people we will be seeking.

Thanks for any information or advice.

TTB

There is very little real office space in Pattaya. Most business happens in shop houses. This might work for you as 60 people take up some space but for me for instance it would be total overkill as my setup is much smaller.

Moving people from Bangkok to Pattaya.... Good luck! A company I used to work with a while ago paid a high allowance for those forced to work in the eastern seaboard. One girl in the accounting actually hired a personal driver to drive her back and forth between Bangkok and ESIE. I'm not kidding!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Hi,

Please drop me a line (PM) or an e-mail at: ---email removed---- - I might be able to help you in your endeavour.

Also; there are many Bangkokonians who would give their right arm to move to the coast, since Bangkok offers mostly pollution and unbelievable traffic conditions.

BTW; Pattaya is not "a couple of hours" south of BKK, but rather 1 hour + (depending on where in BKK).

A very good friend of mine owns a fairly large commercial building just outside of Laem-Chebang, set in a very nice and tree'd area; tons of parking and he might just have the type of accommodation you are after, okay ?

Happy New Year !

Cheers,

Jaap Klasema

Edited by monty
email removed per forum rules/spam protection

Hi,

Please drop me a line (PM) or an e-mail at: ---email removed---- - I might be able to help you in your endeavour.

Also; there are many Bangkokonians who would give their right arm to move to the coast, since Bangkok offers mostly pollution and unbelievable traffic conditions.

BTW; Pattaya is not "a couple of hours" south of BKK, but rather 1 hour + (depending on where in BKK).

A very good friend of mine owns a fairly large commercial building just outside of Laem-Chebang, set in a very nice and tree'd area; tons of parking and he might just have the type of accommodation you are after, okay ?

Happy New Year !

Cheers,

Jaap Klasema

WOW I have lived and worked here for almost 10 years and dealt with hundreds of business owners in many industries and your comments are way off - qualified staff from Bangkok are easy to attract down here you have to be kidding me and Bkk 1 hour from Pattaya what flying carpet are you using :)

The one hour something is correct. I need exactly one hour from my door to the airport and from there it is another 20 minutes maximum until you hit Bangkok. The traffic mayhem starts as soon as you get into the city's expressway system - kind of a euphemism!

That Bangkokians would move away from the most hiso city one could think of to the worst whoreinfested place in the world (where we only go on long weekends to get pissed in walking street) - not in my lifetime.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App