Ji-net.com Blocking Ip Blocks ?

Jomtien

Hello,

Anyone has knowledge if Ji-net.com is blocking IP blocks. Cant visit some sites anymore, (also some of our own websites :o )

Oh.., it not adult related, just normal websites, will end up in a 'The Page can not be displayed' message.

Webhost did a traceroute, and they say its JI-net.com, JI-net's callcenter is claiming that its the webhost.... :D

Anyone witrh similar experience?

Thanks

Peter

Hello,

Anyone has knowledge if Ji-net.com is blocking IP blocks. Cant visit some sites anymore, (also some of our own websites :o )

Oh.., it not adult related, just normal websites, will end up in a 'The Page can not be displayed' message.

Webhost did a traceroute, and they say its JI-net.com, JI-net's callcenter is claiming that its the webhost.... :D

Anyone witrh similar experience?

Thanks

Peter

I had this same problem around the same time, and couldn't access thaivisa or Yahoo! mail (but could get Google, GMail, etc). In IE it was "Page cannot be displayed", and in Firefox the error was "Operation timed out". The problem cleared up by itself in a couple of days, and it just started again this morning (again with Yahoo mail and thaivisa). I did: ipconfig /flushdns, nslookup, changed DNS servers, and it still remained.

I just called JI-Net helpline, and they asked me to add a proxy server:

proxy.ji-net.com

to Tools->Options->General->Connections, in Firefox, and it seems to solve the problem.

In IE, it's Tools->Internet Options->Settings->Proxy server.

Actually, Jinet asked me to proxy to proxy.ji.net.com, and this totally screwed everything up, and they said they'll call me back. I'm still waiting, and while waiting, tried proxy.ji-net.com, and it's working...(I double-checked with the JiNet lady that it was ji.net, not ji-net, so I guess she either got handed the wrong info from somebody, or she misunderstood them...)

Edited by talatnat