Can One Sue For Harassment & Verbal Threats Here In Thailand?

Holysteel

I was hoping maybe I could put a restraining order on her or something similar.

Does it even exist here in Thailand ?

How's a restraining order on her going to help you if she outsources the beating as you indicated she has promised to do?

The only suggestion posted above that would work on a truly crazy ex is the one where you disappear. All the other suggestions may sound great, but won't keep you alive if she pays some guys a few thousand baht to do you in. She may end up getting tossed in jail for it, but truly crazy vindictive people don't think that far ahead.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

A lot of people trying to panic the Op on here but it aint really that seious. This is a Thai girl usually full of lies and insecurities. Funny how some guys suddenly loose their gonads and think the devil is after themrolleyes.gif

Simple, just play to the ego as they all have big ones. Keep ringing her, tell her you love her and she the best thing that ever happen to you, but you got no money now to look after at this time.

Maybe even say you lost your wallet and all cards and had a big money crisis with your investment back home even better.As many lies as you think she will believe.

Tell her you really will look after her in the future but that you really need a loan right now. For sure if you make it believable with this BS she will soon get tired and move onto the next farang and leave you alone thumbsup.gif

A lot of people trying to panic the Op on here but it aint really that seious. This is a Thai girl usually full of lies and insecurities. Funny how some guys suddenly loose their gonads and think the devil is after them.

Quick recap. He dumped her. She busted up his car. He (understandably) escalated the situation by filing a police report implicating her. She's suggesting she'll escalate by hiring some thugs. I wouldn't worry about her at all. But if she's got a few thousand baht to spare, she can quickly ratchet up and there are folks she can hire that will drill a kneecap and enjoy doing it.

I've heard of Asian girls jumping off of tall buildings in response to a breakup. Indicates to me some of them take that stuff pretty seriously and she's already shown inappropriate response by busting up his car. The OP's the only one who knows how crazy she really is and what resources she may bring to bear.

One thing I'm pretty sure of, though. Patronizing her as you suggest won't fool her.

Edited by impulse

A lot of people trying to panic the Op on here but it aint really that seious. This is a Thai girl usually full of lies and insecurities. Funny how some guys suddenly loose their gonads and think the devil is after them.

Quick recap. He dumped her. She busted up his car. He (understandably) escalated the situation by filing a police report implicating her. She's suggesting she'll escalate by hiring some thugs. I wouldn't worry about her at all. But if she's got a few thousand baht to spare, she can quickly ratchet up and there are folks she can hire that will drill a kneecap and enjoy doing it.

I've heard of Asian girls jumping off of tall buildings in response to a breakup. Indicates to me some of them take that stuff pretty seriously and she's already shown inappropriate response by busting up his car. The OP's the only one who knows how crazy she really is and what resources she may bring to bear.

One thing I'm pretty sure of, though. Patronizing her as you suggest won't fool her.

Well they do always come up with hiring the hitman one.

also the one where they will go to the cops and get you thrown out of the country for something they will make up...bla bla

or the police will get you at next immigration stop for something bad you did bla bla

Even I heard the hitman one twice already and am still here to tell the tale...just be p!ss and wind coming from a scorned woman

In fact she is likely cowering and scared witless she get some big trouble over what she did to the truck.

IMO shes just trying to scare him into not getting her any further trouble with cops. just a game of tit for tat and scoring points but they will back down when it comes to crunch because even she know (IF he did not break any crime himself) the cops will never side with this woman against a male ..even a farang. because she got nothing to accuse him of

In all the time we see bad stories on here i never heard of some hitmen braking kneecaps over a woman. You think they will do this and risk that sort of trouble for a few thousand baht??

Like i did say earlier, especially like my ex, was as miserable with money as she was nasty..would not even spend 100 baht to get me done over after she calm down and think things over

I was hoping maybe I could put a restraining order on her or something similar.

Does it even exist here in Thailand ?

How's a restraining order on her going to help you if she outsources the beating as you indicated she has promised to do?

The only suggestion posted above that would work on a truly crazy ex is the one where you disappear. All the other suggestions may sound great, but won't keep you alive if she pays some guys a few thousand baht to do you in. She may end up getting tossed in jail for it, but truly crazy vindictive people don't think that far ahead.

Great post.

A life -- A REAL LIVING LIFE -- is better than a gravestone that reads: "I hired a lawyer".

also the one where they will go to the cops and get you thrown out of the country for something they will make up...bla bla

or the police will get you at next immigration stop for something bad you did bla bla

Even I heard the hitman one twice already and am still here to tell the tale...just be p!ss and wind coming from a scorned woman

Your story is very similar to mine. Was your ex from Isaan?

In my case, her <deleted> wasn't just piss.

The police and immigration did nothing (they ignored her as I was innocent), but she really did report me.

Edited by andrew

The police and immigration did nothing (they ignored her as I was innocent), but she really did report me.

Of course she was whistling.gif

So obvious you didnt get mowed down or knee cap busted, and still in Thailand to tell the tale??

I suspect the ones she did report it to threw did throw it in the can? unless you were naughty that is. I dont really think the big conspiracy against farang is as bad as we do read here.

I guess the evidence be that many of the poster on here come from the Godfather movie erarolleyes.gif

Of course she was

So obvious you didnt get mowed down or knee cap busted, and still in Thailand to tell the tale??

I suspect the ones she did report it to threw did throw it in the can? unless you were naughty that is. I dont really think the big conspiracy against farang is as bad as we do read here.

I guess the evidence be that many of the poster on here come from the Godfather movie era

still in Thailand to tell the tale??

Alive and kicking, dude

I suspect the ones she did report it to threw did throw it in the can?

Yep.

I dont really think the big conspiracy against farang is as bad as we do read here

Point taken. But some of us do end up "sleeping with the fishes". Whether you like it or not, there are Thais out there who'll happily kill us. Shit happens.

Of course she was

I guess the evidence be that many of the poster on here come from the Godfather movie era

still in Thailand to tell the tale??

Alive and kicking, dude

I suspect the ones she did report it to threw did throw it in the can?

Yep.

I dont really think the big conspiracy against farang is as bad as we do read here

Point taken. But some of us do end up "sleeping with the fishes". Whether you like it or not, there are Thais out there who'll happily kill us. Shit happens.

Yes i read about the bad ones in past few years.

Like the previous poster did say, look at what many assets you got here that most time you did buy for someone else and a house you cant own by law, well of course sometimes they will get a terrible motive of greed and do bad things.

Of course it in their interest to start up BIG trouble with you if it looks like you gonna have to walk, go home and leave them with everything.

Funnny thing is even the Thai authorities dont want you to do it, even make laws and want legal assurance that no farang money is used to buy the house he cant own..but still they do it sad.png

why i will never know

Still, i want to believe this, that considering the many many people married here who have no trouble, this figure of those who end up fish bait must be a very very small percent.

I would suggest domestic troubles probably more common in our own countries