Pm Urges Unity In The Coming Year

Lite Beer

Could you please provide some evidence of 'He is already looting the country from afar'? What are the amounts and particular areas that he is looting?

Pleeeeeease give us a break. Surely you can do better than this my good man.

No I asked for simple facts & no-one has been able to enlighten me. Accusations are easy!

• Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yingluck is already emerging, unfortunately, as in this thread, Thaksin is all too frequently dragged into the equation by those who wish to state he is always part of the equation......smile.png

Can you please translate this into English my friend?

Quite simple really, keep Thaksin out of every political discussion, debate, thread on forums, media political comment and those that criticise his eternal involvement may notice that most of Thailand will vote for Yingluck in the next election......not Thaksin.....that is how far she has come

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

Yingluck is already emerging, unfortunately, as in this thread, Thaksin is all too frequently dragged into the equation by those who wish to state he is always part of the equation......smile.png

Can you please translate this into English my friend?

Quite simple really, keep Thaksin out of every political discussion, debate, thread on forums, media political comment and those that criticise his eternal involvement may notice that most of Thailand will vote for Yingluck in the next election......not Thaksin.....that is how far she has come

There's a slight flaw in your logic, dear geo, apart from some wishfull thinking.

The flaw is in 'voting for Yingluck not Thaksin'. For one you seem to suggest that in the General Elections of 2011 k. Thaksin was participating, secondly you suggest that by 2015 he might be participating and thirdly that 'most of Thailand' will be voting for Ms. Yingluck. Now the dear lady has come far, but not that far. On the other hand her brother has come close (to Thailand) but not that close.

Urging unity while playing games in parliament (her party, not she) is like explaining to the poor that corporations are people too and therefor the first act of her government had to be reducing the Corporate Tax rate rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl

Yingluck is indeed emerging, as a beautiful butterfly comes from a caterpillar.

However your statement that Thaksin is all too frequently dragged into the equation is the point.

Yingluck without Thaksin is like a Ferrari without an engine & gas tank, beautiful to look at but going nowhere fast.

He provides the power & the money..

Easy question for you and Rubl

If Thaksin was to meet an early demise.....would Yingluck carry on and also win the next election?

You see guys we are right back to the rather embarrassing statements that were profferred when the last elections were considered......shall I remind you? or do you recall that PTP were given, by many on this forum, little chance against Abhisit, because PTP did not have a suitable leader...........................then Yingluck appeared.....

Oh dear gentlemen.........you appear primed to underestimate again.....

• Like 1

However your statement that Thaksin is all too frequently dragged into the equation is the point.

Yingluck without Thaksin is like a Ferrari without an engine & gas tank, beautiful to look at but going nowhere fast.

If Thaksin was to meet an early demise.....would Yingluck carry on and also win the next election?

You see guys we are right back to the rather embarrassing statements that were profferred when the last elections were considered......shall I remind you? or do you recall that PTP were given, by many on this forum, little chance against Abhisit, because PTP did not have a suitable leader...........................then Yingluck appeared.....

"Easy question for you and Rubl

An easy answer dear George. Yes she would after a suitably long mourning period.

Not easy to answer your question especially since you follow up with a lot of assumptions and so. I especially like the "leader ... then Yingluck appeared". As for 'many on this forum', since when does that count?

So what if k. Thaksin drops dead tomorrow? I'm sure his children, other family and even his ex-wife will mourn his passing. Cases against him can be closed. Unfortunately he will have died a fugitive criminal, the law can be unfair I know.

As for Ms. Yingluck, I'm sure family will support her in her loss, her clone and remote advisor. Her elder sister will probably be a real pillar to lean on. Two and a half years till the next general elections and barely started, so much to do.

No, she wouldn't. Without Thaksin, PTP would implode back to the regional parties that existed before Thaksin bought them out.

Sent from my HTC phone.

Hahaha I have always loved the scorpion and frog story, I have used it many times to explain about Thailand.... If she really wanted unity she would abandon attempts to bring back the criminal brother.. He is already looting the country from afar, no need to bring him here.

Could you please provide some evidence of 'He is already looting the country from afar'? What are the amounts and particular areas that he is looting?

SCA

Billions

• Like 1

Hahaha I have always loved the scorpion and frog story, I have used it many times to explain about Thailand.... If she really wanted unity she would abandon attempts to bring back the criminal brother.. He is already looting the country from afar, no need to bring him here.

SCA

Billions

Please elaborate.

SCA

Billions

Please elaborate.

shin corp asset

No, she wouldn't. Without Thaksin, PTP would implode back to the regional parties that existed before Thaksin bought them out.

Sent from my HTC phone.

You are of course welcome to your opinion, I think Yingluck is doing enough to hold it all together, it is possibly one of her better achievements missed by many, it may be an uneasy alliance, but the fact that at the moment it is a mutually beneficial is holding it together not Thaksin......sorry to disappoint

You are of course welcome to your opinion, I think Yingluck is doing enough to hold it all together, it is possibly one of her better achievements missed by many, it may be an uneasy alliance, but the fact that at the moment it is a mutually beneficial is holding it together not Thaksin......sorry to disappoint

You move freely from 'I think' to 'It's a fact', my dear geo. That's an interesting way of reacting of the less liked answer to your question. IMHO of course smile.png

Mind you I also do think it's beneficial to / for all factions in Pheu Thai to stick together, there are literally billions to be disposed of spent on Thai people beneficiary projects.rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

You move freely from 'I think' to 'It's a fact', my dear geo. That's an interesting way of reacting of the less liked answer to your question. IMHO of course smile.png

Mind you I also do think it's beneficial to / for all factions in Pheu Thai to stick together, there are literally billions to be disposed of spent on Thai people beneficiary projects.rolleyes.gif

Oh but my statement is fact Rubl, pulling the smaller parties into a coalition when having such a good majority already was a brilliant political strategy

Oh but my statement is fact Rubl, pulling the smaller parties into a coalition when having such a good majority already was a brilliant political strategy

Do I really need to dig to find the remark by k. Thaksin that single party governments didn't really work in Thailand, 'as he had learned' ? Do I have to remark that this topic is on PM Yingluck and not on k. Thaksin even if he may drop dead tomorrow?

BTW define good majority as Pheu Thai seems to have 256 MPs at the moment, out of 500. Allowing a few parties to join had nothing to do with Ms. Yingluck I think, just opportunistic behavious of k. Banharn's party, the party of former coup leader Gen Sonthi and a few others.

Never mind, don't bother to define, would bring us further away from the topic only. (kwek-kwek wink.png )

Do I really need to dig to find the remark by k. Thaksin that single party governments didn't really work in Thailand, 'as he had learned' ? Do I have to remark that this topic is on PM Yingluck and not on k. Thaksin even if he may drop dead tomorrow?

BTW define good majority as Pheu Thai seems to have 256 MPs at the moment, out of 500. Allowing a few parties to join had nothing to do with Ms. Yingluck I think, just opportunistic behavious of k. Banharn's party, the party of former coup leader Gen Sonthi and a few others.

Never mind, don't bother to define, would bring us further away from the topic only. (kwek-kwek wink.png )

Ah you don't wish to accept that some rather smart moves have come about under the Yingluck administration....and as such the support base for Yingluck is I believe solid....fact; censure debate major failure? fact only 20,000 out of some 60 million turnedup to protest against the government....fact; the majority of the polls conducted these days have Yingluck as popular with the voters

The PTP factions controlled by Thaksin relatives might manage to stay together, but without Thaksin the other factions could probably decide there are better options. Without Thaksin's money and influence others might decide they can get access to the trough on their own.

Sent from my HTC phone.

• Like 1

Except the PTP didn't have "such a good majority".

They needed a coalition, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to operate effectively in parliament because ministers can't vote.

Sent from my HTC phone.

The PTP factions controlled by Thaksin relatives might manage to stay together, but without Thaksin the other factions could probably decide there are better options. Without Thaksin's money and influence others might decide they can get access to the trough on their own.

Sent from my HTC phone.

Care to suggest the better options........try to be realistic......they have to be able to gain control of the trough (without a coup)

Ah you don't wish to accept that some rather smart moves have come about under the Yingluck administration....and as such the support base for Yingluck is I believe solid....fact; censure debate major failure? fact only 20,000 out of some 60 million turnedup to protest against the government....fact; the majority of the polls conducted these days have Yingluck as popular with the voters

Under the Yingluck administration, but not really related to her doing, methinks.

Fact: we have a majority and we stick together in voting for our country benefit.

Fact: only 20,000 turned up when Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm wondered about hundreds at the most. Next protests saw a week long campaign warning about possible violence and 50,000 policemen on duty.

Fact: a recent poll had Ms. Yingluck as creative person no.1 and the one Thai would like to save from the Dec' 21st end-of-the-world disaster.

My opinion: Unity at all costs, forced down your throat if need be. You will reconcile and get me brother back. Assuming he won't drop dead tomorrow that is wink.png

They needed a coalition, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to operate effectively in parliament because ministers can't vote.

Sent from my HTC phone.

Ok you can't bring yourself to see it as a brilliant strategy......I'm sure Yingluck will not lose any sleep over your opinion

Sent from my HTC phone.

Care to suggest the better options........try to be realistic......they have to be able to gain control of the trough (without a coup)

At the moment, there probably isn't. But if a couple of the factions split back into separate parties, that would allow BJT and the Democrats to get a few more seats.

Sent from my HTC phone.

Under the Yingluck administration, but not really related to her doing, methinks.

Fact: we have a majority and we stick together in voting for our country benefit.

Fact: only 20,000 turned up when Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm wondered about hundreds at the most. Next protests saw a week long campaign warning about possible violence and 50,000 policemen on duty.

Fact: a recent poll had Ms. Yingluck as creative person no.1 and the one Thai would like to save from the Dec' 21st end-of-the-world disaster.

My opinion: Unity at all costs, forced down your throat if need be. You will reconcile and get me brother back. Assuming he won't drop dead tomorrow that is wink.png

Seems like a good strategy if brother returns or not......and that is the part the obsessed miss repetitively

Sent from my HTC phone.

Ok you can't bring yourself to see it as a brilliant strategy......I'm sure Yingluck will not lose any sleep over your opinion

It was a brilliant strategy for more reasons than you think and one forced on them by the 2007 constitution

It's pretty difficult for anyone to not have preconceived notions regardless of how long and where they have lived. That is why I used the word try. I'm also curious how you would know how long I have been in Thailand and what I have seen. I find it hard to believe that anyone who was in Thailand during Abhisit's reign of unbridled censorship could have any respect for him as a leader or as a human being. In my opinion (note those words, most posters here like to state their opinion as undisputed facts), Abhisit's tenure was all about doing whatever was necessary to cling to power. I will admit that his decision not to ride out his entire term, seems to deny that conclusion. Perhaps he had a change of heart for reasons we will never know.

I was in Thailand the last few years. I didn't notice the "Abhisit's reign of unbridled censorship", must have been my True and TOT internet lnik. Mind you, lots of blocked sites seemed to spread hatred against the 'others' and as such those sites would be at least under investigation, but probably blocked in the Western World as well. The 'unbridled censorship' seems to have increased only over the last years, but then the government had other things to do I guess.

As for 'Abhisit's change of heart' that's speculation or opinion. I have a different opinion on that, I think he honestly meant his offer to have early elections and that we would have had elections in November, 2010, instead of July, 2011 if his offer had been accepted. IMHO that is.

Anyway the topic is urging unity while prosecuting members of the previous government and decrying that that previous government was so bad they did the same. Double standards at it's best blink.png

I agree Rubl, I dont know what Thailand 'gatorsoft' was in but it wasnt the same one as me. like you I didnt notice "Abhisit's reign of unbridled censorship", a massive exaggeration I feel. I did notice many hate site were blocked but the mainstream media, social and commercial sites were never censored.

On the second matter of Abihist time in office, the fact is I have the upmost respect for him as PM. During his tenure the democrats formed a minority party with parties from diverse backgrounds, all with their own agendas and varied moral attitudes towards graft and corruption. He was required to deal with the most violent demonstrations in Thailands history, a border skirmish with Cambodia, constant media and legal attacks and two attempts on his life. Through it all his government not only survived but was fully functional and he was shown to be one of the best leaders Thailand has had.

A massive exaggeration shared by Human Rights Watch and at least one major Thai newspaper, but then we all see what we want and ignore what we don't want to admit, don't we. http://asiancorrespondent.com/53364/human-rights-watch-abhisit-government-is-most-prolific-censor-in-recent-thai-history/ Edited by gatorsoft

Sent from my HTC phone.

Dream on.It's strange that so many of the usual suspects are still in denial.They seize on details - though even getting these wrong (eg censorship underAbhisit) - but fail to recognise the shifting societal trends in Thailand.They cannot or refuse to understand that with Thaksin or without him Thailand has changed forever and the days of the unelected elites are numbered.

• Like 2

"Dream on.It's strange that so many of the usual suspects are still in denial.They seize on details - though even getting these wrong (eg censorship underAbhisit) - but fail to recognise the shifting societal trends in Thailand.They cannot or refuse to understand that with Thaksin or without him Thailand has changed forever and the days of the unelected elites are numbered." Jayboy

Unlike you and the the rest of the Thaksin apologist I also include Thaksin and ilk in the unelected elites, therefore Thailand is caught in a struggle between the old elite and the Thaksin nuvo elite. The only hope the Thai people have is to shake off these parasites and elect a true democratic government

Edited by waza